hey can someone plz explain to me wat this means

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
josh
Absolute Otaku

hey can someone plz explain to me wat this means

Post by josh »

webmaster wrote:The Mindless Chit-chat forum is not an excuse to SPAM.
Cause the way I see it, 'the random thread' was put to an end due to these words of mighty wisdom. Put an end to by the same moderators that refuse to put an end to the proclaimed "Ultimate Random Thread." I have made the moderators quite aware of the circumstances of the thread I'm talking about, however, they are no longer willing to maintain a level of consistency and fairness.

Is this the worst, most unreliable moderator generation AA has seen to date? I say ...most likely.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Dretlin

Re: hey can someone plz explain to me wat this means

Post by Dretlin »

I do remember a thread by that name, but I did not post in it and you have not discussed it with me.

And why do you post these complaints here? Why not AA website section? Please repost it there if you feel a problem exists because nothing will happen if it stays here.

Moving to AA website section to save you the trouble man 8)
Mai

Post by Mai »

this was generally a reply to one of your other threads, josh, and a lot to the first response post. so bear with me:
Feb 19, 2008 9:49am wrote:you treat being a moderator as "good" or "bad" at their job. there are variations of moderators. we all don't and cant act the same, or upon the same judgment. a lot of the reason of inconsistency and 'light enforcement' is due to the fact that the moderators are so diverse. its a huge melting pot, with people with different views, ethics, traditions. and that is what affects moderators. mods, on ALL forums are not exactly the same. they all do their job differently. so their are inconstant parts in how things are done.
(By viewing moderator actions, you can view what moderators do, and why. So there you can see what im talking about if you look at how each individual handles things. I.e: friendly, strict, understandingly, apathetic and just doing whatever.. ect.)

by you saying if there were more "dret" kind of moderators around, that is like telling them to completely mold into a person they're not. and im sorry but i think that a variety of people doing the same job is something wonderful. you get to learn from people who do things differently. so instead of always being the teacher, you are the student as well.

and a lot of moderation starts out as learning, being tested by you're knowledge to handle situation, COMMON SENSE (some lack =] ). Most of the mods we have now have been moderating for less then a year, or months, or like so. Moderators like Dret, Dark Lilly, me, Ender, ect have been here for a long time. Since 2004+05. So experience comes with improvement. don't be too hasty to call some of them bad or good when in reality they haven't even gotten the horrible reality and responsibility that moderating teaches you. :P
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

The Webmaster dose make sense, you know why? Because there is a difference between ‘Spam’ and ‘Mindless Chit chat’

Spam is like a load of crap such as ‘*Pops head and shouts out HELLOOOO*’ or ‘I LOVE CAPS LOCK!’ That is spam, XD.

Mindless Chit Chat on the other hand still has the word ‘Chat’ into meaning you can talk about whatever you like unless it’s something against the rules. You cannot talk to people in a spam form. Mindless Chit Chat is a section in the forum in which you can put stuff which is not related to the other sections in the forum.

Example of Mindless Chit Chat: ‘Hay how you doing today?’ Other person replies some like ‘Oh, I’m good, thank you for asking.’ And so on.

It’s also a place where you can put a tread what fits in no other section of the forum. But you can put the odd ‘Random tread’ in the mindless chit Chat, but the way it is now is just ridiculous.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Sparx is right sorta :/ I can't always make total sense out of what she says, but I'm sure thats my fault.

Things like the random thread which doesn't encourage conversation should be locked, which is what I locked the other one, like the webmaster said, its a waste of bandwith.
Now a random conversation should be fine, like FRIENDS talk or whatever because there is a discussion going on even if its a light one, and thats the real point of PCC :/
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

XD, allot of people say that I make sense hard to understand.

I was thinking maybe a big clean up of the Mindless Chit Chat should be in order. It could sort little things out a big problem. But to work on something big, you start with small things.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

Let me put my message out there in the simplest terms I can.

Webmaster has stated that The Mindless Chit Chat forum is not an excuse for spam, and that while threads don't necessarily have to be meaningful - they still have to have a point/ some sort of purpose. The reason he changed the title of the forum from "Pointless chit ch..' to 'Mindless' is to help prevent people posting Pointless junk in the forum, and also so those that do lose their way of justifying such actions by referring to the title of the forum ...'yeah but its in the pointless forum. POINTLESS'.

So therefore, the thread called 'The Random Thread' which had hundreds of pages worth of pointless and meaningless posts was deleted. Which I think is fair enough.

Now heres the deal. The self proclaimed 'ultimate random thread' has arrived, titled 'random crap that is completely irrelevent to the topic.'

I reported it, and made you moderators well aware of the circumstances. Yet you denied all action, allowing what will soon be another bag of crap to grow.

Now my point is, that you moderators are really inconsistent and always treat similar situations differently.

oh, and +:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+, can you please explain why you moved my 'Horses' thread to the trash bin. No rules were broken in the thread, it did lack a point and all sense of meaning - but hey, you didn't bother moving the 'random crap that is completely irrelevent to the topic' thread.

So whats the deal?

Moderators are selfish and frequently make arbitrary decisions to suit themselves and not the greater community of AA.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I think the random thread could go either way initially. On one hand, it could fill up with random junk, and thus end up being moved. But it also does have the slight possibility of turning into some sort of actual conversation. So if it's left for a little while to see what happens, I'm okay with that. But if it really does fill up with pointless crap, then it should be moved. Of course, if someone decides to move it before then, I'm fine with that too.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

josh wrote:Let me put my message out there in the simplest terms I can.

Webmaster has stated that The Mindless Chit Chat forum is not an excuse for spam, and that while threads don't necessarily have to be meaningful - they still have to have a point/ some sort of purpose. The reason he changed the title of the forum from "Pointless chit ch..' to 'Mindless' is to help prevent people posting Pointless junk in the forum, and also so those that do lose their way of justifying such actions by referring to the title of the forum ...'yeah but its in the pointless forum. POINTLESS'.

So therefore, the thread called 'The Random Thread' which had hundreds of pages worth of pointless and meaningless posts was deleted. Which I think is fair enough.

Now heres the deal. The self proclaimed 'ultimate random thread' has arrived, titled 'random crap that is completely irrelevent to the topic.'

I reported it, and made you moderators well aware of the circumstances. Yet you denied all action, allowing what will soon be another bag of crap to grow.

Now my point is, that you moderators are really inconsistent and always treat similar situations differently.

oh, and +:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+, can you please explain why you moved my 'Horses' thread to the trash bin. No rules were broken in the thread, it did lack a point and all sense of meaning - but hey, you didn't bother moving the 'random crap that is completely irrelevent to the topic' thread.

So whats the deal?

Moderators are selfish and frequently make arbitrary decisions to suit themselves and not the greater community of AA.
You created about 4 or 5 different threads all trying to state a point. Which is worthless.

If you wanted to prove a point, you have done it the wrong way.

I hope your not believing that anything you do benefits all of AA, as you frequently offend and bully users.

You know I am all for sitting down, talking and getting to the roots of problems, maybe now you can go the right way about it and discuss it here. Of course that mite not have happened if I didn’t move this here.

So know you know why I moved your threads.

The problem with MCC is it is hard to define, but mods are discussing solutions to the problem as I type this.