Gundam 00, your thoughts

Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Gundam 00, your thoughts

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

i actually think it's well planned out... the gundam are alot higher tech then the mass produced mobile suits but they are tie able (if not defeatable, by good plots and good tactics...

i like the fast paced battles...but the one thing i miss (although it's cliche) is some sort of masked person XD

as well the only characters i don't get are the two students...
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: Gundam 00, your thoughts

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

It's not my favorite Gundam, in fact it's one of my least favorite. I am normally a huge Gundam fan but for some readon it just didn't click to me.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

It's still Wing 2.0, however this seems better thought out than Gundam Wing was. Celestial Being has or had a backer with money to set up the operation, the pilots are trained to work together from the start. And while the Gundams are super suits Graham Acker seems to be able to deal with them with a modified suit. And Colonel Serge has a good tactical mind. It's low on philosophical non-sense.
But to stop war by intervening as they do still seems an unlikely solution. It will only breed more hatred, at them.

This is still an improvement over Gundam Wing. It has earned a further look.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

I'm starting to like it quite a bit. It seems to be getting better and better. And it also helps that it has some fantastic and unique mech designs. I love Flags
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

The point of a Gundam as explained by Yoshiyuki Tomino (the original creator) is this: the name is broken down into 2 segments "gun" and "dam" a Gundam is a weapon (gun) that stops everything (like a dam to water) I think that Gundam 00 fails to uphold the name "Gundam" if they are not far superior to the mass produced mobile suits then it defeats the point of calling it a "Gundam".

Over all I don't really care for this series.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

The series has taken a dramatic turn for the interesting in the most recent episodes. The introduction of New Gundam Meisters who
Spoiler
Show
May not even be associated with CB after all
and the somewhat odd revelation that these gundams
Spoiler
Show
don't run on the same GN drives as other gundams..
; odd indeed.

Also, props to Graham for
Spoiler
Show
His pwning of Throne Eins with his flag
, but 18 was kind of a downer, what with
Spoiler
Show
Louise losing her left hand/forearm and possibly both her legs in that terrorist attack.
All in all, it's a bittersweet, but addictive series. Sorry for all the spoiler tags.. ^^
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote: I think that Gundam 00 fails to uphold the name "Gundam" if they are not far superior to the mass produced mobile suits then it defeats the point of calling it a "Gundam".

Over all I don't really care for this series.
Though you quote Tomino, this line already shows you know nothing about Tomino's shows. The Gundam was frequently outclassed by other mobile suits such as the Gelgoog later in Gundam 0079, and in Zeta Gundam, the Gundam Mk II was easily outclassed by most Titan variable transformation suits. In Victory Gundam, the V Gundam itself is on an even par with most Zanscare suits, but is nowhere near superior to them. If Tomino himself doesn't adhere to these rules, then why should OO?

Although even the show does fulfill your requirements. 00 definitely shows that they are far superior to the mass produced suits. Performance wise and armor wise, the 00 Gundams are insanely overpowered when compared to the standard mobile suits. Considering that they had 4 units up against 836 mobile suits under a constant barrage for several straight hours, the fact that they were still intact itself is a testament to their armoring and durability. A standard mobile suit would have trouble standing up to a single missile or beam, let alone hundreds over the span of several hours.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Yes, Graham is turning to be the popular character of the series, fans every where are debating as to whether he is a Char or not. Maybe Graham should have been a Gundam pilot instead?
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku

Post by Blue Haired Jesus »

The series is ok in my opinion, I don't really like the characters as much as in the other series I've seen ,but other than that I think it's pretty good.
I AM THE BLUE HAIRED JESUS!
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Second in Command of the Black Knights
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Duuz wrote:Yes, Graham is turning to be the popular character of the series, fans every where are debating as to whether he is a Char or not. Maybe Graham should have been a Gundam pilot instead?
He has some Char characteristics, but not quite enough yet. Maybe if he disappears and comes back with a mask or something.

And I would be most upset if Graham gets a Gundam. I've always been annoyed by how both protagonists and antagonists NEED THEIR GUNDAMS. What ever happened to the Gelgoogs and other powerful antagonist suits that weren't Gundams? And considering his feelings towards his own mobile suit, its more likely that he would get a GN Drive enhanced Union Flag.
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku

Well since Graham vowed to defeat the gundams in his Flag, I doubt he'll get a gundam.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

I have watched all the episodes so far and i think its pretty good
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku

Spoiler
Show
Man you gatta feel sorry for that Saji kid, first his girlfriend then his sister.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

That's nothing, as of Ep 24 it's a blood bath.

Confirmed on screen deaths:
Spoiler
Show
Daryl Dodge
Lockon Stratos
Patrick Colasour
Lichtendahl Tsery (Android, WTF?)
Christina Sierra
Dr. Moreno
Lasse Aeon
And possible deaths:
Spoiler
Show
Allelujah Haptism
Tieria Erde
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

well guys i haven't posted in a while and after watching the last ep of season 1 i'm coming back on to post my view on gundam...

"He has some Char characteristics, but not quite enough yet. Maybe if he disappears and comes back with a mask or something."

...lol...
Spoiler
Show
graham and setsuna blindly owned each other (they both lost their visual sensors...their heads)...and he got a refreshing new mask...at least it doesn't cover his eyes and is white -.-.... looks more like a red oni mask
Spoiler
Show
my comments on the time skip: I'm wondering who the brown haired guy who took a drank was (I'm thinking setsuna)... I'm just kinda surprised it's Tieria that is the only one who "lives"... most likely some other pilot's lived... and corner got betrayed by his "loyal" servant...and next season will more than likely feature a conflict between CB, the androids, and the EF.
well I'm gonna have Code Geass II to watch while i wait for the next Season of 00, but can't wait anyway ^_^... hoping for an even more intense plot line next season
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Just for something to chew on guys:
Spoiler
Show
The Tieria in the EFF with Louise; is not Tieria. It's name is Regene Legetta
and is voiced by a new VA: Romi Paku. Better known for voicing Ed in FMA and Loran Cheack in Turn A Gundam.

Also,
Spoiler
Show
the guy slamming down the whiskey is not Setsuna, but in fact Ali. You can see the tattoo on his right shoulder
at the trailing end of the clip as he turns to walk away. Also, who else agrees that Doublelujah was badass?

And to amend my earlier post:
Spoiler
Show
Patrick lives