50%
No opinion.
No votes

Total votes: 2

thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

My Moderation Application: Thedarkconquerer

Post by thedarkconquerer »

Now, before I put in any sort of application I need to apologise to you all for two things.

1) Not being here for the last 8-12 months. Things have been extremely hectic over here and I simply haven't had the time.
2) My previous behavior when I was last here. I was immature, had bad grammar and was generally, a bad person to talk to.

Now, moving onto my moderator application :)

Since I last left Absolute Anime, I've had time to grow up. Mature if you will and this has helped me gain positions of authority within other forums/games.

The most successful position I've held, and am still holding is my "Anti-Cheat Team" position within "Mechg" an online game. I obtained that position through application then test wherein I scored quite well.

I believe that this position within Staff has given me a very good understanding of rules and why they are in place. This should help a lot with any moderating tasks given to me if I do indeed receive that position.

I too believe that this shows how much I have matured over the last year. For the "Old" me would never have obtained such a position :)

I believe that I would be great as a Moderator here at Absolute Anime because I am yet to have any real friends or enemies that will cause my decision making to become biased. Well, thats a lie, I have one friend here, but I will try my utmost to keep away from any situations involving that person.

I know that I cant brag about my huge post count, or leaving and coming back because I have friends here. All I can do is say, here I am, give me a fair shot.

However, what I can say is that I'm always here for a chat/help via PM. I always like to see new messages in my inbox, means I'm getting more friends here :)

I'm always here for questions, just post them up here and I will try as hard as I can to answer them to your satisfaction.

~TDC
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: My Moderation Application: Thedarkconquerer

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I am not going to vote yet. Though if I was it'd probably be a no.

What if you had to intervene in something your friend was involved in?

I think that you definitely need to get to know some more people, Some people have quirky habits while others like to joke around a bit, you'll see. :D

Though you may have a position of authority somewhere else and although you do say it means nothing, it's not the same as here. I could say I am an admin for 2 of my sites so I know how things run and how to deal with bad situations, but my sites are a bit different to this one and I'm sure the one you're in is too, being an online game and all.
The other point of that, that I'm trying to make is we don't know how that site runs so you may not have got chosen because of your maturity but any other possible outcomes.

As I said I won't vote yet, so you can still change my mind. But I will wait a while before I decide.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Aye.
Though you may have a position of authority somewhere else and although you do say it means nothing, it's not the same as here.
I had taken this into account when I put my application in. However, I thought that some similarities could be taken from the two jobs and indeed the two sites.

The two sites both have rules that need to be followed.
The two sites both have ways and means of having people following these rules.
The two sites have procedure that needs to be followed by its staff to be able to keep order in the site itself.

I know it was a bad example, but it was the only relevant one I have.
The other point of that, that I'm trying to make is we don't know how that site runs so you may not have got chosen because of your maturity but any other possible outcomes.
Very good point! One that is very difficult indeed for me to give you an answer to. However, I will try my best.

Now, when sites grow in member number their similarities grow more and more with other sites of similar member count. This goes for online games or forums or even social networking sites.

A staff member on any of these sites needs to have certain qualities:
They need to thrive under pressure,
They need to be mature and willing to follow procedure,
They need to have a cool head, no matter the situation,
If they wish to excel, they need to have leadership qualities,
They need to have knowledge of the sites rules & structure too.

These don't change from site to site and thats the criteria many sites base their "Hiring Requirements" on.

Thats as best as I can answer that, my friend :)
What if you had to intervene in something your friend was involved in?
Ah, true. Its quite possible too, isn't it?

Personally, if I had any choice in the matter at all. I'd stay away from it. Getting involved in things your friends are involved in is a very, very dubious decision at best.

Honestly, even if this person was involved I would follow the sites rules/procedure and punish them according to what they have done wrong. As I said, I've tried very hard to become as objective as possible over the last year and I believe I've succeeded.

~TDC
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Good answers, I'll still wait though. 8)
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I dont think many people on the board know you. It's a no from me.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Understandable.

I just hope you keep me in mind for next time, Nelly ^^

If you have anymore questions, scorpionwarrior, I'll be more than happy to try to answer them for you :)

~TDC
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Who are you?
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

thedarkconquerer wrote: I just hope you keep me in mind for next time, Nelly ^^

[: Yeah. Your application is well written.. Just, nobody knows you. Wait a couple months.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Who are you?
I'm "Thedarkconquerer" here, but have also been called "Darkconquerer" on other places on the web. You can distinguish me from other people with similar user-names because mine is spelled incorrectly if you look closely.

I used to be an active member here, but, as time progressed I had less and less time for this site, and I was forced into giving it up. However, I've now just stumbled upon a lot more time and I'm planning to spend it here at AA.

~TDC
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

That's awesome. [: Looking forward to seeing you.