Need a new series.

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
lllsondowlll
Baka Otaku

Need a new series.

Post by lllsondowlll »

I have seen/rewatched the following this summer

Outlaw Star
Fullmetal
Tenchi
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
Evangelion

Based on this general genre I would like some suggestions on what I should watch. I like anime that usually has kind of a deep back story (hopefully not as deep as evangelion's ending XD) usually involve deep connection between the characters (Such as tenchi) and a adult thought out plot, not something half assed I really enjoy things that last and have mature interaction (tenchi had its moments of this) between characters and events. And this isn't a must but maybe have a young or a teen age range for the protagonist (its always nice to have characters you can relate to). In a nutshell I'm looking for a action/adventure with a hint of beauty. Just let me know what you guys recommend.
Last edited by lllsondowlll on Jun 29, 2008 12:32am, edited 3 times in total.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: Need a new series.

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Cowboy Bebop?

YuYu Haskusho?

Code Geass?
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
lllsondowlll
Baka Otaku

Post by lllsondowlll »

I saw the first two (I enjoyed cowboy beebop, I'm aiming a bit for that good suggestion) I saw a code Geass for the first time on adult swim like 15 minutes ago and it was ok but not something I really see myself getting hooked on. Thanks for the speedy reply though, I'm still open for suggestions
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Death note? (first half is great....second half not so)

Ghost in the shell?
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

imo if you liked CG you'll definately like Gundam 00 (both get good pretty fast)

- Tower of Druaga: Aegis of Uruk (there's gonna be a second season...so it stopped being childish near the end of the first season)
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (childish but very entertaining...it remains in my top 25 anime list ^_^)
- Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (great anime wish i finished it)
- Peacemaker Kurogane (unfortunately i didn't watch...but sounds good)
- Samurai 7 (an anime remake of a classic movie i finally got to watch ^_^...sad to say i like the anime more XD)
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
lllsondowlll
Baka Otaku

Post by lllsondowlll »

Well Pink Supervisor I checked into the anime's you suggested and just like you said the first few recommendation were sorta childish wich is ok, but see what I'm looking for is something I can watch and enjoy for a long while, I don't want to get stuck with something that I think is "alright" you know? I've seen ghost in the shell and death note and cowboy beebop already thanks to adult swim. However those aren't really what I'm looking for as they rarely had sentimental moments or a deep story line. It was kinda like day by day life. I liked the tenchi series because it was sentimental a lot, it also was kind of funny. I liked evangelion because it was deep and the relationship between the characters were so too. Outlaw star was good because it had sentimental moments and lots of adventure. And Dual because it had that tenchi feel. Guy gets cought up in something bigger then he ever imagined meets tons of girls and saves the world. Its things like that I'm really looking at. I'm sorry if I sound to picky all of your suggestions are great and I checked into them all. However I need something to keep me occupied and thinking "wow" at the end of the day you know? Let me know if there is anything else. I thank you all for your quick responses, kindness, and patients. In the mean time I'll keep reviewing the suggestions and see if there is anything that catches my eye that I might have missed. Also its not to say that I wont be watching any of your suggestions either because thats not what I'm saying. I just would like the suggestions to keep rolling in to keep my options open.

EDIT: Well, I found out something cool, I was googling and I found a website called animeworld and in its review section it has recommendations, and I found the animes I've been looking for. When I'm finished with this I will definatly start on the last three anime's you suggested pink supervisor, After seeing some previews they started looking apealing. Thanks again everyone.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

NP ^_^ i'll suggest more you might like:

- Kenichi: History's greatest Desciple
- Nabari no Ou
- Ah my Goddess (if you liked tenchi, something to check out...except it will fall into the general harem where the main character is kinda useless XD...e.g Keitaro from Love Hina)
- Air Tv/ Air (Movie)
- Kurenai
- Claymore
- Kenshin/Samurai X
- Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (Quite a great anime if you play any musical instrument...a little slow beginning but worth the end...the thing is i kinda can relate to the main char so that was great for me XD)
- Clannad (heard it was good)
- D. Gray Man (gets good in the later episodes...a great show i wish i was able to stick to)
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Rickster
Master Otaku

Post by Rickster »

OK Here is one that might throw people for a loop. I just finished one that I thought was great. It's only a half season series so its kinda short but I suggest giving Jinki Extend a try. I enjoyed it so much myself that I watched the whole series in one sitting. :oops: