Light Chit Chat section becoming pointless

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
josh
Absolute Otaku

Light Chit Chat section becoming pointless

Post by josh »

I think the 'light chit chat' forum is becoming quite unnecessary as it appears that thats what this sections for. I mean 'favorite video clips/cars' all this other sh*t, even '8========D =O =-]'

I mean, ??? come on

does this site have moderators anymore? Is there a reason to separate pointless threads from pointless threads?

AA disgusts me. i thought webmaster had it laid out pretty simple but you always have to fu*k it up

Discuss!
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Re: Light Chit Chat section becoming pointless

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Breaching the rules, it's seriously immature. STOP FLAMING AIDEN.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Athos

Post by Athos »

josh wrote:I think the 'light chit chat' forum is becoming quite unnecessary as it appears that thats what this sections for. I mean 'favorite video clips/cars' all this other sh*t, even '8========D =O =-]'

I mean, ??? come on

does this site have moderators anymore? Is there a reason to separate pointless threads from pointless threads?

AA disgusts me. i thought webmaster had it laid out pretty simple but you always have to fu*k it up

Discuss!
If you don't like it, then leave or try to change it as opposed to just being whiney. Also, I'm moving this thread because it's better suited for the The Absolute Anime Website & Forums area. Also, for the record, there is off topic discussions more so on things serous. the light chitchat area is for topics that are nonsense-case in point: it's more than just "pointless threads from pointless threads."
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Hige
Ex-Moderator

Post by Hige »

josh wrote:I think the 'light chit chat' forum is becoming quite unnecessary as it appears that thats what this sections for. I mean 'favorite video clips/cars' all this other sh*t, even '8========D =O =-]'

I mean, ??? come on

Discuss!
From the great words of the WoW forums: Fail post is fail
If you have a problem with it, take it to the webmaster directly and try to DO something about it or just leave.
Je Vois Tout
If you let the fly live the spider is going to die.
You can't save both without one suffering.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Hige wrote:

I mean, ??? come on

Discuss!
From the great words of the WoW forums: Fail post is fail
If you have a problem with it, take it to the webmaster directly and try to DO something about it or just leave.
Or just leave.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Josh does have a point. I havent been in LCC lately, but w/e.
First it was pointless chit-chat.
Yeah.. that worked.

Then Mindless. [idk..]
Didn't work.

Light Chit Chat.. reasonable name
But people spam there too much. Josh just came across wrong telling you guys.

I'm going to go look at it now.

[edit] He's right. It's getting kinda cluttered. >_>
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

I don't think you guys understand me. All I'm doing is raising awareness of the fact that the off topic forum contains threads which belong in the light chit chat forum. Which kind of makes that section useless as the Off Topic forum is beginning to fill up with the same material.
For instance Cold Revolvers thread titled ''8========D =O =-]'' where his introduction post is simply this
Cold Revolver wrote:How is everyone this morning? Good I hope. :D
Unless you disagree with me and think the thread mentioned above belongs in off-topic I'd appreciate it if you took what I said on board, and you know, perhaps move it..

"If you have a problem with it, take it to the webmaster directly and try to DO something about it or just leave."
As its the users posting in the wrong places and the moderators who aren't moving the threads to the correct places I think Ive targeted my audience for this quite well. moron
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I agree. It's not up to Ken to move all of the threads. Thats why he hires mods.
]:

This is why I'm all up for getting rid of LCC.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

o-O

Link to said post.
And, I misunderstood what you said in your first post : /
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Cherry Darling
Ex-Moderator

Post by Cherry Darling »

josh wrote:I don't think you guys understand me. All I'm doing is raising awareness of the fact that the off topic forum contains threads which belong in the light chit chat forum. Which kind of makes that section useless as the Off Topic forum is beginning to fill up with the same material.
For instance Cold Revolvers thread titled ''8========D =O =-]'' where his introduction post is simply this
Cold Revolver wrote:How is everyone this morning? Good I hope. :D
Unless you disagree with me and think the thread mentioned above belongs in off-topic I'd appreciate it if you took what I said on board, and you know, perhaps move it..

"If you have a problem with it, take it to the webmaster directly and try to DO something about it or just leave."
As its the users posting in the wrong places and the moderators who aren't moving the threads to the correct places I think Ive targeted my audience for this quite well. moron
I have to agree with you josh. There are a few threads in Off-Topic Discussions that don't belong in there. So, I moved the ones you mentioned to Light Chit-Chat.
When I say 'Let's keep in touch' I really mean I wish that you'd grow up.
Zack is my Rock N Roll partner ♥ 8)
Captain Jack is my awesome AA brother :pirate:
Miss Elizabeth is my awesome AA sister / ♥Bambi♥
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

How bout we delete everything excpet the stickies and start over. That would be sick :)
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I'm all for it.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

The light discussion section is just full of crap and pointless topics. No one cares if you don't like yourself, no one cares if you want a fat heffilump just because you are fat too, and no one cares about stupid poll discussions about whether you want to start another poll or not.

It isn't called "Mindless" anymore, it is called "light discussions", yet people still seem to think that posting a load of foolish things with their crappy humour that they think is funny, is okay to do, when it should be discussions about things that are not to do with anime. Yes, I suppose that starting a thread saying "My pants can eat 10 people" is nothing to do with anime..but why post crap like that?

I think that the only discussion threads that managed to stay on topic were the ones about fat people. That was probably only because people here seem to enjoy insulting others. Even when their was another decent discussion thread that was nothing to do with fat people it still soon ended up talking about them again anyway. Therefore in the fat threads their was no reason to go off topic. That is how pathetic this site has gotten. What a sorry site/sight.

Also, I don't have the power to change this site, and no moderators ever heed my words anyway, because they are a bunch of morons that can't take their heads out of their own backsides. So don't start telling me to stop whining and do something about it because what the hell can I do when all you seem to do is make stupid jokes and pointlessly argue back at me for nothing? It happens every time I talk to one. "Oh, come PM me if you have problems"..what a load of bullshit.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Does that include yourself Amray? I've seen you post numerous off topic posts =/

This is just being taken out of proportion. All that is needed is for someone to make a list and send it to a mod and ask them to move certain topics or delete posts.

And yes it's as simple as that. I've requested threads and posts that I thought were unnecessary or inappropriate and each time have been taken care of. :)
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

scorpionwarrior wrote:Does that include yourself Amray? I've seen you post numerous off topic posts =/
Took the words out of my mouth.
scorpionwarrior wrote:This is just being taken out of proportion. All that is needed is for someone to make a list and send it to a mod and ask them to move certain topics or delete posts.
...Again. Thanks.
scorpionwarrior wrote:And yes it's as simple as that. I've requested threads and posts that I thought were unnecessary or inappropriate and each time have been taken care of. :)
Same here.

There is no issue with the mods. If you point out something they've missed, they correct it.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

<,< Cherry Darling, You meany.
I wanted to help XD

and scorp, You are right.
Creepy..

Josh got scorpinated? :O