The Dragon Child

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
MisunderstoodDreamer
Absolute Otaku

The Dragon Child

Post by MisunderstoodDreamer »

This forum is based on the book I am writing. So I will control all characters mentioned so far. I am posting all of what I have so far so this opening post may be a little long. You do not need to do a profile on you're character but please give a pic or description of what they look like. You can be your own characters or you can be one of the kids that is taken care of (ages 5-10) but I will control Sara and Jacobs. Thanks for joining if you do, and if you don't thanks for at least reading at least this part.

The people pushed past her screaming, as she stood there gazing at the sight. A giant wall of flames was rushing toward her. She knew she should run but her legs would not move. She could see something as it drew closer, a reflection of herself was in the flames. The instant it touched her she screamed.

“Are you all right Miss Rose?!?” her maid asked startled.

Shana realized she was in her bedroom unharmed.

“I’m all right, Laura, it must have been a bad dream.”

She said it was a bad dream but she knew that it wasn’t. An explosion happened just a year ago killing her parents while they were out for a business trip. Since that incident she decided to open her home to other young kids orphaned by the explosion.

“The young ones are waiting for you in the court yard. They said something about a surprise.”

Laura left Shana to get changed out of her night gown and into the clothes she had laid out for her. She went down the stairs and out the back door to the court yard. There were all the children as Laura had said.

“Now what’s all this I hear about a surprise?” she asked them with a little tone of sarcasm in her voice.

The oldest one, named Jacobs, said, “It’s been almost a year since the explosion………… and since you took us in. So as a sign of our gratitude we all pitched in to make you this card.”

He signaled to the smallest one, named Sarah, to come over. She handed the card in her hands over to her. It was an average piece of paper that was folded and colored on. When Shana opened it, she discovered that one side had a picture made in crayon, and the other side said, “Thanks for everything” followed by each of the children’s names. She closed it and smiled.

“Thank you for this wonderful card,” she said in a calm voice.

“Breakfast is ready,” Laura called from the door.

The kids went inside as Shana just stood there thinking, “Has it already been a year?” She stood there for a few more seconds then she turned and went inside. She took her seat at the long table, which was long enough that they only filled half of it. The kids had already started, with their plates and mouths filled with ham, bacon, eggs, and who knows what else. When they all finished, the kids all ran out back to play.

“Laura, I’m going out to get groceries. Do you need anything?” Shana asked putting on her coat.

“No thank you, I’m fine. Take care of yourself.”

“I will.”

Shana grabbed her purse and went out the door. She shopped for about an hour. While shopping it started to rain, and there was barely a soul on the sidewalks as she walked home. As she walked she saw a group of people hanging out outside of an alleyway. As she got closer the people seemed to turn their attention toward her.

“Where’re you going baby?” One of them said in her direction.

Trying to ignore them she just tried to walk past them. All of a sudden they grabbed her and threw her into the alley blocking off the exit. She ran deeper into the alley to try to escape, but soon discovered it was a dead end.

“What do you want from me,” she asked almost screaming with fear in her voice, “If you want money I’ll give you any amount you want. Just leave me alone!”

“Leave her be……” a voice said.

They all turned to look, and at the entrance of the alley there was a hooded figure. The hood casted a shadow that covered half of the face so that only the mouth and chin were visible.

“What do you want?” The apparent leader of the group said.

“Please leave the girl alone and go back to your business.....” the figure replied.

“Who do you think you are telling us what to do?!?” The leader said while signaling to two of his men to get rid of him.

The two men picked up some pipes that were lying against the walls. As they approached the figure, all of a sudden, he knocked out both of them before they could even react. Surprised, the rest of the group ran past their leader and at the figure. He took them out just as easily as he had taken out the first two.

“Man…… can’t you t- take a joke? I’m getting outta here!” The leader yelled as he pushed past the figure.

Shana feeling thankful said, “Thank you, let me repay you someh-”

“You don’t need to repay me, I’m fine as it is……” The figure interrupted.

“Well may I at least know your name?” She asked.

The figure was already turned around and walking away, but he stopped and turned his head and said, “It’s Aaron.”

He stepped around the corner and back on to the street. Shana, trying to figure out where he was going, ran to catch up with him, but when she got out of the alley he was nowhere in sight.

“Miss Rose you’re soaking wet!” Laura said as Shana walked in the door.

“Yea that’s what happens when you walk home in the rain,” she replied jokingly.

Noticing that Shana didn’t have any bags with her Laura asked, “What happened to the groceries you went out to get?”

“Ohh… I slipped in a puddle and dropped them. It ruined them so I just left them there,” she replied innocently.

The rest of the day she stayed silent, unless she was spoken to, thinking about the events that had happened earlier. “Who was that boy?” “Why did he save me?” “How did he take on all those people so easily?” these are all questions that filled her mind.

That night she couldn’t sleep, Aaron’s voice kept running through her head. She kept thinking more and more questions about earlier. She started getting frustrated to the point she couldn’t take it.

“If you’re going to haunt me, just let me at least see your face!!!!” She burst out, not thinking about if she woke anyone.

She dropped her head in her pillow and drifted to sleep. For once, her dream was a blank. She woke up to Sarah shaking her.

“Hmmm……… Sarah what’s up?” she asked just waking up.
“You promised to take me to pick flowers. Did you forget?” Sarah replied.

“Oh no, I didn’t forget,” Shana said rubbing her eye, “I was just waking up…… Let me get changed, and I’ll meet you downstairs…” She said forcing herself out of bed.

As she walked down the stairs Sarah was standing there bouncing up and down with anticipation. She was bouncing so much it looked like she was going to jump out of her flip-flops.

“I take it your ready?” Shana asked with a smile.

“I was ready when I went to wake you up. Now come-on lets go!” She replied with excitement in her voice.

The headed out the front door and into the forest, that was in front of their house. There was dim, morning, sunlight going through the trees. They had picked flowers, well with Sarah frolicked in more than picked, for about a half-hour.

All of the sudden Sarah called out, “Hey come here!!! I fund something!!!!!!”

Shana casually walked over and noticed what Sarah was wound up about. Against a tree laid a boy. He was bruised a little and obviously exhausted.

“Do you think he’s alive?” Sarah asked.

“I don’t know, but we better not bother him……” She replied turning away.

“You’re not bothering me…… I was just relaxing…” the boy said.

She remembered that voice. It was the one she couldn’t get out of her head. “It’s you……” she thought to herself.

“What’s your name?” she asked turning toward him.

“Hmm……… I thought I told you that yesterday,” he said with a grin. “It’s Aaron…… but I don’t think I got yours?”

Her eyes widened, it was in fact him. She could not believe it. Although she could not get her mind off him, she never thought once about if she would see him again. Especially without his cloak on, right then she realized he didn’t have it on so she could finally see his face. She tried to focus back on reality enough to see what he looked like. He had dark brown hair, not short but not too long either. He also had brown eyes and a nonchalant look to his face. He also looked about 5’ 10” or 5’ 11”. She tried not to think it, but he was the type of guy that would get girls around the area to call him cute. She then noticed the katana in its sheath on the ground next to him. It seemed normal although there was something abnormal about it also.

“My name is Shana Rose, and this is one of the little kids I take care of, Sarah.”

“I’m not little!!!” Sarah said shooting a glance toward her.

Aaron chuckled, “Some spunk, I believe she is bigger than you take her for……”

“Thank you!!! See, someone knows what I mean!!!” Sarah said looking back at Aaron.

Shana got eye level and said to Sarah, “I know you’re big by heart, but can you go pick some more flowers while talk with him a little more?”

Sarah nodded and smiled going back to the flowers.

“Now you listen! I have some questions, and you better be willing to answer them!!!” Shana said in an unpleasant tone toward Aaron.

Aaron stood up and smirked, “Ask away then………”

“First of all, why did you save me?”

“I hate seeing when people who are innocent get taken advantage of……”

“Ohh…… Well why do you wear that cloak?”

“I don’t like to blend in……”

“Why not?”

“I have my reasons,” He said as he noticed Shana’s stomach growl, “I have some apples if you are hungry.”

“No thank you, we need to be getting back to our home. Wait…… why were you sleeping out here anyways?”

“I…… um…… lost my home and family in an explosion……”

“I’m so sorry, you can stay with us if you have nowhere, but here, to go……” Shana suggested.

“No thank you, I wouldn’t want to be a bother……” He replied.

“Don’t worry…… you wouldn’t be,” she said with a grin.

“Fine…… I will, but if I ever become a bother just say so…”

When Aaron, Shana, and Sarah got back, it was almost dark. And Laura was worried.

“Who is this, Miss Rose?” She asked seeing Aaron, who was carrying his katana and cloak.

“He’s a friend…… He was also left orphaned by the explosion, so I offered him a place to stay.”

“Dear, please go up the stairs make a left and your room is three doors on the left.” Laura said to Aaron.

As soon as Aaron went up the stairs Laura turned to Shana and said, “I don’t think its appropriate having a boy his age staying with you!”

“Laura it’s alright, there’s nothing to worry about him.”

The next morning Shana woke up early. She went to check on Aaron, but he wasn’t in his room. At this time no one was really waking up, since the sun was just starting to rise. She looked around the house and he was still nowhere to be found. She finally walked outside and saw him in the forest. She walked over to him and realized that he was doing some sort of training.
Done with this account, making a new one. Thank you role-players that have worked well with me, I hope to see you all again in my new account.
Dragsphire
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: The Dragon Child

Post by Dragsphire »

Appearance: http://narrowdown.deviantart.com/art/Dr ... m-91873315

Dragsphire is sleeping by a lake when the sun comes up.
[Dragsphire looked up into the sky. "To say i'm weak will bring you massive pain". He then looked at the ground. "To say it in my face will usher your death".
neko_person_lala
Absolute Otaku

Post by neko_person_lala »

Aperance http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Ne ... girl15.jpg

Yukina walked along the road.She stoped to take a rest by a lake.She had been traveling for what seemed like days
I have adopted Killua Zoldrick .we now AA siblings ^_^
Dragsphire
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Dragsphire »

Dragsphire sensed her presence and transformed into a human. He then went in the same direction the girl was coming from
[Dragsphire looked up into the sky. "To say i'm weak will bring you massive pain". He then looked at the ground. "To say it in my face will usher your death".
neko_person_lala
Absolute Otaku

Yukina smiled seeing the lake and sat dow.Then takeing off her shoes she rested her feet in the water."mm that feels so goood"
Dragsphire
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Dragsphire »

Dragsphire walks up to the lake and sits down
neko_person_lala
Absolute Otaku

Yukina blinked and looked over seeing Dragsphire.
Dragsphire
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Dragsphire »

Dragsphire took a drink of water. "Can i help you"?
neko_person_lala
Absolute Otaku

Yukina blinked and looked away."no...sorry...didnt mean to stare",she said laying back on the grass.
Dragsphire
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Dragsphire »

Dragsphire kind of had second thoughts, but he turned back into a dragon.
neko_person_lala
Absolute Otaku

Yukina blinked and looke d at him."wow...thats,...amazeing"
Dragsphire
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Dragsphire »

"This is my true form. i only turn into a human if another one is near. i don't want them to freak out"
neko_person_lala
Absolute Otaku

Yukina blinked and smiled."well im a human and im not freaking out"she said closeing her eyes.
Wrathe-sama
Uber Otaku

Post by Wrathe-sama »

http://media.photobucket.com/image/elve ... r.jpg?o=13

Wrathe moved swiftly through the woods. Her bow hitting the back of her legs. "Where did that young wolf go? Lost him again."
As my hate for you grows, your fabrics and linenes of your being become lesser and lesser to me.

I close my eyes to keep from crying, to keep from looking at your angelic face. You are what I cannot be.
MisunderstoodDreamer
Absolute Otaku

Post by MisunderstoodDreamer »

Aaron looked at Shana, stopping all he was doing. "Oh hello......." he said.

"What are you doing, out here so early?" she asked.

"Oh I'm used to waking up early, so I decided to come out here and train a little........ Oh yea! I made this to thank you for taking me in." he said taking out a metal locket. It had a marking on the top, and was finely made.

"You made this?" She asked surprised at the quality of it.

"Yes, it wasn't that hard." he said putting his katana away, "So, would you like to see a lake nearby? It looks beautiful at this time.

"Sure," she replied.

They walked to the lake (the side opposite of everyone else), and watched as the sun burst the sky into colors.
Done with this account, making a new one. Thank you role-players that have worked well with me, I hope to see you all again in my new account.
Wrathe-sama
Uber Otaku

Post by Wrathe-sama »

"Arei! Arei where are you!?" she shouted, her eyes scanning every inch around her. Sighing heavily, she let out a frustrated scream. "Arei Get Back Here This Instant!" Moving through the trees, she looked around. Worry seemed to flow around every inch of her from her aura. "Arei, please come back." she pleaded.
As my hate for you grows, your fabrics and linenes of your being become lesser and lesser to me.

I close my eyes to keep from crying, to keep from looking at your angelic face. You are what I cannot be.