Tales Of Vesperia (XBox 360)

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Tales Of Vesperia (XBox 360)

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Ok, I downloaded the trailer from XBox live the other day, and this looks absolutley amazing. It is retaining it's cell-shading styles as is a constant form the "Tales..." series, but it looks a damn-site more anime-ique than its predecessors. I wasn't a fan of my last Tales outing (Symphonia) but this, well, i am definatley gunna shell out my scratch for it. I'm almost certain it will be viewable on Youtube by now.

Discuss.

Edit: I found the trailer. HOT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaXrwCVgXiE
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: Tales Of Vesperia (XBox 360)

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

If the game was an online computer game I think I might play it but for a console game I don't think so. It seems a bit kiddy to me.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:If the game was an online computer game I think I might play it but for a console game I don't think so. It seems a bit kiddy to me.
I think it has some online content, but i doubt it has MMO aspects like what your hoping for. and how does it being a console game make it more kiddy? i find the only way PC gaming is more hardcore is shooting with a keyboard and mouse. otherwise, everything else is just a port of some kind. :|
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I personally prefer my console game to be like DMC, Halo, Gears of War, COD, Fable....

I prefer my online computer games to be a bit cuter with fluff. :)
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Looks gay.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
~~Tsume~~
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ~~Tsume~~ »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I personally prefer my console game to be like DMC, Halo, Gears of War, COD, Fable....

I prefer my online computer games to be a bit cuter with fluff. :)
I only play cuter games "with fluff" :heh: on the computer because my computer can't really handle the hardcore graphics :x But ya, I played Tales of Vesperia and I loved it. It's my favorite console anime RPG game so far \:D/
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

-.- i don't like consols... they don't have direct X 10 :/

i play most things better with a mouse than a controller...i mean i shoot faster with a mouse then a button...plus i love player-made mods ^_^ and i find WASD easier to use then two controlsticks :/

i find PC games that i play (MMORPG's, Shooters, RTS's) better on PC ^_^, (e.g i can no scope better with a pc, and snipe better with a mouse)...but other than FPRPGs (any TES game) i'll leave it to consols ^_^

ummm...also the link is down btw...and 'm to lazy to search XD

i still need to play othe other two Tales games tbh...i need to borrow them from some friends :heh: they put quite a bit of time into the two
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
~~Tsume~~
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ~~Tsume~~ »

Well, if your used to playing with a mouse and keyboard, then your obviously going to be better with them instead of a controller. I did try a shooter game with a mouse and I thought it was much easier to use but I still like most other games with a controller. The PC might have some better games graphic-wise but like I said, my PC's not that good so I can't really say. Did you try playing Tales of Vesperia though?
Tsukasa
Uber Otaku

Post by Tsukasa »

here's a link to the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orrUciCJrhE
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickle, onion, all on a sesame seed bun. Synchro Summon! Arise, Hungry Burger!
BoogiePopPhantom
Full Metal Otaku

Post by BoogiePopPhantom »

I am a faithful tales player i like the way that it takes a step back from turnbased and Real-time RPG's with it's innovative battle system you control the charecters way more which means you sympathise with them. I for one when playing Symphonia i sympthised with Llyod more becasue i controlled him. I felt hsi emotions and such with otehr RPG charecters it's like yea i hit a button and boom there is the move i dont get involved with the charecters as much.
Prepare For He Cometh To Bring Tacos And Burritos........ Man Im Hungry Now Gonna Go Get Some Tacos..................Mmmmmm Tacos.
~~Tsume~~
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ~~Tsume~~ »

Yes, I feel the same.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

I actually didn't like the Battle system for Symphonia. Innovative for it's day, but, I had all ready played Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, which has a similar battle system, but instead of being 2-D side scrolling like Symphonia, which was, in essence, East, West, Up and Down, Star Ocean had North, South, East, West, Up and Down, AND environmental hazzards. I preferred this to Tales. But, I have a friend, who we shall call Squigsy, prefers Tales' battle system. He says that it is quicker than Star Oceans. But verrily, he played Tales first.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
~~Tsume~~
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ~~Tsume~~ »

Well I never played Star Ocean so I can't really say much to compare it, but I thought the Tales of Vesperia battle engine was really good. I agree with Squigsy!
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Vesperia, as far as I am aware, hasn't hit UK shores. Squigsy made the decision from Symphonia.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
~~Tsume~~
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ~~Tsume~~ »

Is Squigsy excited for Vesperia?
BoogiePopPhantom
Full Metal Otaku

Post by BoogiePopPhantom »

I know i am. Once i get my red ring of death fixed im going out and buying that game!!!!
Prepare For He Cometh To Bring Tacos And Burritos........ Man Im Hungry Now Gonna Go Get Some Tacos..................Mmmmmm Tacos.