XBOX 360 or PS3

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

XBOX 360 or PS3

Post by Kitty »

Which do you think is better?

I like both of them equally.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: XBOX 360 or PS3

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I personally am a huge fan of the PS2......but in my opinion the PS3 is piece of garbage that's not worth a cent. I own both 360 and PS3 and I can't believe I wasted the money on the PS3.

The Quality of games on PS3 just doesn't measure up......and before you say the ps2 games back compatible, I say IF I wanted to play ps2 games I'd just turn on my ps2. There are a few nice games on ps3 but most of those are on 360 as well.....If you were going to get only 1 then get the 360 because the PS3 is a total disgrace to Sony......
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Xbox all the way.

I've always liked Xbox more than PS plus if I want to get a PS2/3 I could probably just get a chip to play PS2/3 games on the Xbox >_> After all it is like a computer and you can play anything on a computer
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
re5fan
Newbie Otaku

Post by re5fan »

Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I personally am a huge fan of the PS2......but in my opinion the PS3 is piece of garbage that's not worth a cent. I own both 360 and PS3 and I can't believe I wasted the money on the PS3.

The Quality of games on PS3 just doesn't measure up......and before you say the ps2 games back compatible, I say IF I wanted to play ps2 games I'd just turn on my ps2. There are a few nice games on ps3 but most of those are on 360 as well.....If you were going to get only 1 then get the 360 because the PS3 is a total disgrace to Sony......
They aren't back compatible in the States any more. :(
I'm sure they'll come out with better games only for the PS3 in the near future [the next Kingdom Hearts? Final Fantasy?] It already has a few treasures (LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear 4). Once they stop making PS2 games, they'll focus on the PS3 some more.

But, currently, I'd have to go with the 360, mostly for price and Fable. But when it comes to customer support, Microsoft fails in so many ways. :x

*Scorp, why would you do that!? O.o I've grown up on console games! Playing them on the computer or on a different system goes against nature! :cry:
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Cause consoles are getting too expensive, so a cheaper alternative to get what you want at a cheaper price.

If I could though I'd buy a 360 =D
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I said the PS3 had a few good games. And little big planet looks horrible, its too childish. The saving grace of PS3 would be any new FF and the new god of war. As for existing Titles that are ok......

Heavenly Sword (extremely short)
Beautiful Katamari (I loves the Katamari games)
DMC4 (360 as well)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (possibly on 360)
Assassins Creed (again on 360)
Metal Gear Solid 4

P.S Tyche - Are you serious that Amerikan PS3 aren't back compatible? LMFAO, You guys got screwed......lolz
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

The EU PS3 is very limited in its Backwards too.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Actually Ninja Gaiden Sigma is just a port of the Xbox game Ninja Gaiden Black.... I think all that really got changed was you could play as a blond bimbo....

MGS4? If I want to play a movie I'll pop in The Bouncer or Xenosaga 1....

Honestly I'm perfectly happy with my 360.... It was a launch machine and it did get the RROD like 2 years later, or so (Time flys anymore...) They had it fixed and back with-in my hand with-in the week....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I know! :cry: You Japanese are so lucky! :evil: <.< Muahaha. Maybe I'll do the JET program. :twisted: Beware, Aoi. Beware! :twisted: :twisted:
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

I like the Xbox 360 and PS3 equally. Although I do find that I like the 360's games a lot better than PS3 there are still a few games that I wouldn't mind playing on PS3.

For example on the PS3 I would definitely buy and play games like Little Big Planet, Jerricho, The Darkness, and Resistance.

But for the 360 I would be more willing to play games like Oblivion (even though I know it's out on PS3 too), Gears of War I and II, and Viva Pinata.

:/
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

the Jerricho game is on 360 as well Aiden

1 game I am looking forward to getting on PS3 is "The White Knight Chronicles" it looks pretty awesome
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

360. There really isn't any comparison to it.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

MGS4 is enough to give PS3 the win. ; /
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I love MSG but it's in no way a good enough reason to buy a ps3.

plus I heard that MSG4 was going to be on 360 soon.....just a rumor though
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

if you think little big planet is horrible play it ^_^ the only way you know a game is good is if you play it, and little big planet is FUN it may be childish but does it have to look mature to be fun? look at Super Mario Bros, or street fighter 2...i mean as a 2D game it beat outs alot of 3D in levels of funness

i like both equally ^_^, i prefer some games on the Xbox and some others on the PS3.

but i'm a PC gamer at heart and go to my friends house to play either :heh:
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!