The Jagged Edge (everyone welcome)

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
Death the Kid
Master Otaku

Re: The Jagged Edge (everyone welcome)

Post by Death the Kid »

oh, sorry. ](*,) Im sure ur quite aware at how dense some people can be. :heh: i get rather ticked off at them. again im sorry. :cry: :beg: :surrender:
crowheart
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by crowheart »

Here is the story:

There are four prominent powers in the land.

To the North: The Snowy Mountainous Area inhabited by the Snow Elves

To the South: The subtropical jungles inhabited by the Sprites

To the East: The Kingdom of Granlidous inhabited by the humans

To the West: The Kingdom of Trivima inhabited by humans

The Kingdom of Granlidous was built in an area full of sunshine and light. They have learned to harness the power of light as power. All of their machinery and magic is fueled by light. They have come to be known as "Brightlanders" among the non-humans.

The Kingdom of Trivima was built in a dark and cloudy area rich with dense dark forests. They have learned how to harness the shadows as power. All of their machinery and magic is run by shadows. They have come to be known as "Shadowlanders" among the non-humans.

The magic of the two lands work in exactly the same way just with different power sources. Unfortunately for the Shadowlanders, their magic isn't "pretty" and is feared by many people. The kingdom of light especially looks down on their twisted magic dismissing it as "demonic."

Because of this, the two kingdoms have been at odds with each other. There have been skirmishes here and there, but never all out war. However, the hatred has been searing for nearly two centuries.

Granlidous is looking for any excuse to go to war. Under their new ruler, the kingdom has been manufacturing weapons at an alarming rate. The troops of Granlidous have stationed themselves outside the border of Trivima. A shadowlander named Bayard has snuck across the border to find a way to stop the approaching war.
Last edited by crowheart on Mar 04, 2009 11:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
First person to say DESU dies, second person to say DESU dies twice.......... I think you can see where I'm going with this :)
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Death the Kid wrote:oh, sorry. ](*,) Im sure ur quite aware at how dense some people can be. :heh: i get rather ticked off at them. again im sorry. :cry: :beg: :surrender:
lol tis cool
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
crowheart
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by crowheart »

((I separated my two posts to avoid confusion))

"Hand over all of your money." The bandit leader demanded as he and his gang surrounded Bayard putting his back to the river. He drew his katana in response. They charged at him, but their clumsey attacks proved useless as he cut them down. He sheathed his katana assuming the battle was over. The bandit smirked and raised his hand releasing a stream of lightning.

"Damn it." Bayard exclaimed as he was stunned by the blast. He had not predicted that the bandit had such magic power. It wasn't anything he couldn't handle, but this caught him off guard.

"Say goodbye." The bandit raised his hand and released another stream of lightning struck Bayard squarely in the chest. The blast knocked him into the river. He cursed his carelessness as he passed out.

((It would be a good idea for someone to find him on the river bank))
First person to say DESU dies, second person to say DESU dies twice.......... I think you can see where I'm going with this :)
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Rain saw the wet lump on the river bank and scowled. She was crouched on a grassy uprise not far from the beach, and was staring at the body. "I wonder if its dead..." She stood up and hopped down from the uprise into the sand. She grabbed a stick that was jutting out of the sand and marched over towards Bayard. "Are you alive? Or are you edible?" She began to poke him in various places with the stick.

((Btw, what kind of magicks are there?))

crowheart
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by crowheart »

((The magicks aren't to crazy or over the top. There is fire, lightning and stuff like that. However it isn't thrown around like candy. Mostly it's volleying weaker spells, but the stronger spells can't be used repeatedly. Using too much can kill you. The body can only take so much.))
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

((okay. Just checking. Can you give me a little more insight about sprites and there abilities?))

Death the Kid
Master Otaku

Post by Death the Kid »

((same with the snow elves please...Im under the assumption my magic as a Snow Elf is based off of ice and snow?? And just to get this straight, the light users are the bad guys, right??))

Yume silently walks over to Rain and Bayard, having seen the whole skirmish. He can tell that Bayard is still alive. He takes a medical pack out of his sack he carries on his back and starts to treat Bayard's wounds. He takes out a bottle with a foul smelling liquid and pours it on the burnt flesh to heal it and get rid of the smell. The foul smell cancel's the burning flesh smell.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

"Whoa! You should warn people before walking up and doing stuff like that." Rain jumped to her feet, and crossed her arms. She scowled and huffed. "Damn elves are always like that. No consideration for anyone."

Death the Kid
Master Otaku

Post by Death the Kid »

Yume just shrugged. He got finished fixing Bayard up. He put away his supplies and pulled out some somewhat stale bread and ale. He broke off a decent sized piece and offered it to Rain.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Rain looked at the bread, blinked, and then reached out slowly to take it. "Really?"

Death the Kid
Master Otaku

Post by Death the Kid »

Yume nodded. "War will be soon upon us. We must share with our fellow living creatures and work together to stop this war. Doing that starts by doing little things such fas this. We must build allies. I'm Yume, a Snow Elf if you've never seen one before."
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

She raised an eyebrow and tossed the bread into her mouth. "My parents always said that elves were quiet and inconsiderate. Whilest I see myself as loud and rude." She chuckled. "My name is Rain, and I'm a sprite."

crowheart
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by crowheart »

"Did someone say something about eating me?" Bayard moaned as sat up with great effort. He looked over to his saviors to see a snow elf and a sprite. "Thanks for your help, damn hedge mage." He struggled to his feet and stood beside them.

"Can I trouble someone for a rag?" he asked

((Ok, here is the race layout))

Snow elves:

are from the snowy northern lands. Becuase of the climate, they have very resilient constitutions. They make great warriors and weapon makers. It is suggested that the cold climate gives them their blue skin.

Since Yume is a black mage, he can use black magic. It doesn't neccessarily have to be ice or snow. That is just the environment he is from. He chose magic instead of melee combat.

Sprites:

Are winged people from the subtropical jungles to the south. They are more svelt and dantier than elves. Becuase of their light weight and wings, they can fly pretty well, provided that they aren't carrying too much weight.

Many sprites are very adept in the uses of magic, especially plant magic. Again, that is just a cultural thing. This race generally uses magic, but Rain is an archer which is fine. In fact, the sprites quickness can be very useful in marksmanship.

((As for the "bad guys," The kingdom of light is instigating, but this only started recently. Bayard wants to find out why and try to stop the war.))
Death the Kid
Master Otaku

Post by Death the Kid »

((kay, thx. that helps a lot))

Yume just shrugged his shoulders as he handed Bayard a rag. He started looking around when Bayard mentioned a mage. When he saw that no one else was nearby, he relaxed. "Who attacked you and why?" He noted he has spoken more words today already than on any given month.
crowheart
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by crowheart »

"A bandit tried to rob me. I killed his entire gang." He removed the sheath from his belt and drew the katana. He turned the sheath over, letting the water pour out of it, then set it down and began drying his katana with the rag. "I got careless thinking that the leader was just a simple bandit. Then, the damn hedge mage attacks me with lightning. Hedge mage is a derrogatory term for a weak self-taught spellcaster."

He looked over his blade and nodded. He picked up the sheath and replaced it on his belt. He sheathed his weapon again and cast a look at Rain. "So, what's this about me being edible?"