Spring 09, the new season

Info about upcoming release dates, contests, or any other anime-related news.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Spring 09, the new season

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

well though a little late, and other peopel have already done this, i'll provide a link and i'll update my thoughts on the anime i'm watching (atleast the first eps)... feel free to add your thoughts as well if you'd recommend it or not.

Spring 09 anime
> http://that.animeblogger.net/2009/03/08 ... e-preview/ (completely done by someone else)
> http://aniverse.info/uploads/image/news ... 9anime.jpg

My Initial watching list:
- Hayate the Combat butler
> just for the lolz ,and i liked the second season
- Fullmetal alchemist
> i just wonder what they're going to do with this...
- Saki
> the voice talent is pretty well known, i wonder how this will go...really...why is it there's alwayse atleast one show the has Rie as a voice actress
- Sengoku Basara
> just wondering how this will go...i might drop this,cuz most rpg/action game anime don't really click with me
- Pandora Hearts
> hopefully it will be good, done by the same people who did Busou Renkin, and i happened to like the anime adaptaion XD

...k... if this season is gonna be a "meh" season i'm probablly gonna stick with Gintama, hope Bleach gets alot better, and rewatch the entire set of Gurren Lagann on DVD quality...and most likely end up watching some non-rewarding cheap laugh romance-comedy *sigh*
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Re: Spring 09, the new season

sry for double post but this will become my inital thoughts page lol XD

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
>Director: Kōichi Mashimo (first season of Tsubasa chronicles, blade of the immortal, .hack//roots)
>Studio: Bee Train (medabots, Arc the Lad, .hack, noir)
>Seiyuu (Voice actors): Miyu Irino, Ayahi Takagaki, Aya Hisakawa, Akeno Watanabe, Isshin Chiba,...(list goes on)
>Background: Based off the video game "phantom of inferno" this is now being retitles and created as a full anime series (discluding the OVA series).
>Initial thoughts: Opening scene was pretty intense... Itès most likely to become one of my serious shows this season, to balance out all the comedies i'm watching lol. anyway a great show, i really don't watch that many shows about modern day assassins lol, since i never watched an episode of that Hitman show lol... anyway watch the first ep if you like, and decide for yourself...preferably it only gets better

K-ON!
>Director: Naoko Yamada
>Studio: Kyoto Animation (Air, Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Clannad)
>Seiyuu (voice actors): Aki Toyosaki, Yōko Hikasa, Satomi Satō, Minako Kotobuki, Asami Sanada, Chie Tōdō, Madoka Yonezawa
>background: Started as a four panel manga strip, and was serialized into a full manga may 2007. it is about a group of Girls who want to join the light music club, which is about to closed down.
>Intial thoughts: The fist inital sub was terrible, leaving alot of fill ins...umm... the second sub i started where I let off and it seems that the new subbers actually put time and cleaned up the language (the first sub had alot of swearing and such, none the less it was also terribly done :\) . I find this show to be alright animation, definately not as good as previously done shows but it may be due to it's own style and character concept or lack of budget, or aybe just some poor video quality used by the subbers...anyway the show started off nicely, i got a few laughs and i'm defintitely interested...i just don't like the uniforms lol

Hayate no Gotoku: season 2
>Director: Keiichiro Kawaguchi (Moetan, Hayate no Gotoku, Zettai Karen Children)
>Studio: J.C staff (Zero no Tsukaima, Shakugan no Shana, Ai Yori Aoshi, Azumanga Daioh, Ikki Tousen)
>Seiyuu (voice actors): Ryōko Shiraishi, Rie Kugimiya, Rie Tanaka, Kenta Miyake, Mitsuo Iwata,...(list goes on)
>background: The second season of Hayate, go out and buy or watch the first season. this kinda has a storyline and should be followed from start to finish. The Background though is about a boy who's parent's sold their son to gangsters to pay off their debts. soon after Hayate meets Nagisa (a grandchild ofa multi-billionair) and pays off Hayate's debt because of a misunderstanding. It's a continuation of the story
>Intial thoughts: The OVA was off topic and lfiled with fanservice lol. the actual first episode wasn't bad, it brought a reasonable introduction to most of the main characters, giving a basic character layout (Eg, role, name, DoB, blood type, etc) . a good first ep in reasonable Hayate Fasion, and already perhaps a begginng of some drama? well lets see how the erst ofthe series goes ^_^

Asura hearts
>Director: Keizō Kusakawa (Seikeire, Inukami, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)
>Studio: Seven Arcs (White Albumb, Inukami, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)
>Seiyuu (voice actors): Miyu Irino, Ai Nonaka, Aki Toyosaki, Akihiko Ishizumi, etc...
>background: Originated as a Light Novel. it focuses around a boy named Tomoharu Natsume, and a ghost girl named Kanade Takatsuki, aparrently there are some giant suits of armor, some supernatural powers, and such. expect something along the lines of the supernatural.
>Intial thoughts: Not bad of a show, though i don't think it will become an instant hit or it didn't really click with me fully. i'll continue to watch it if it keeps up the excitement and the promise i might hold. the first episode was pretty cool a little dramatic in the begining and back to the usual territory of a students life, during a point in the middle of the episode. my last thoughts on episode though was more of a "...he moved in a few days ago and their already blowing up his house..."

Sengoku Basara[
>Director:
>Studio:
>Seiyuu (voice actors):
>background:
>Intial thoughts:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
>Director: Yasuhiro Irie (RahXephon, Kurau Phantom Memory, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Soul Eater)
>Studio: Bones (FMA, Ouran High School Host Club , Wolf's Rain, Darker than Black, RahXephon)
>Seiyuu (voice actors): Romi Park, Rie Kugimiya, Miki Shinichiro, Megumi Takamoto, etc.
>background: If you didn't watch the first FMA, this is basicallya remake but i believe they are trying to stick closer to the manga, in ending. Ed and Al are back, and so are the short jokes ^_^
>Intial thoughts: A great opening episode, where alot of the characters are introduced. I loved the OP, though i started watching FMA in english and to me the voices of the main characters don't really click lol XD

Saki
>Director: Manabu Ono
>Studio: Gonzo (Vandread, Full Metal Panic!, Chrono Crusade, Peacemaker Kurogane, Samurai 7, Welcome to the N.H.K.)
>Seiyuu (voice actors): Kana Ueda, Ami Koshimizu, Rie Kugimiya
>background: Saki Miyanagi, a high school freshman, hates mahjong because her family would always force her to play it and punish her regardless of if she won or lost. Because of this, she learned how to keep her score at zero, neither winning nor losing. However, her friend from middle school convinces her to join the school's Mahjong Club. After the Club discovers her ability, they recruit her and convince her to win instead of breaking even. She easily does so with her skill, so the team enters a mahjong tournament so that its members may reach the national competitions. taken from wikipedia
>Intial thoughts: I don't really understand Mahjohng despite the fact that my parents used to play every weekend with thier friends lol, i still have the table and the set but it hasn't opened for a couple years. anyway the anime was alright despiet my inabiltiy to udnerstand the game, the subbers atleast tried to put some explanation into the game. i found the anime alright and ièll probably drop despite my initial hopes.

Pandora Hearts
>Director:
>Studio:
>Seiyuu (voice actors):
>background:
>Intial thoughts:

Basquash!
>Director: Shin Itagaki, Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Eureka Seven, The Vision of Escaflowne)
>Studio: Satelight (Romeo x Juliet, Angel Sanctuary, Macross Zero, Hellsing, Shugo Chara)
>Seiyuu (voice actors):
>background: Mecha's playing basketball.
>Intial thoughts: a very odd concept but i found it refreshing in the mecha designs, and good quality in production ^_^. if the story/excitement keeps up i may have a keeper for a mecha anime lol ^_^

Valkyria Chronicles
>Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto
>Studio: A-1 Pictures (Persona -trinity soul-, Kannagi, Kuroshitsuji)
>Seiyuu (voice actors):
>background: Originally a game, with it's original title. The show focuses around a group of individuals who are prominentni the defense of a town called bruhl. the technology of this show is about early WWII as tanks, snipers and anti-tank weaponry is evident (although lacking in automatic weaponry), but looking at the standard weaponry shown in the first Ep it is much like a gehwer, and to my knowledge there are no places.
>Intial thoughts: A good first episode. the main male lead, Welkin Günther, reminds me of a brilliant but lazy general, much like Van Hulick from Tytania. I'm liking the character design and animation and i'm hoping the Plot line is well thought out as i hope it woun't go down hill like most videogame-anime.
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

I hope Aaron Dismuke redeems his role as Alphonse Elric in the new Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm positive he will, though. :mrgreen:
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

hmmm it eeems my links aren't working...

anyway i also picked up
> tayutama ~kiss my diety~
> Hatsuki Limited

watched
>slap up party
>guin saga

i'll do a write up some time next week or on the week end ^_^
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I'm really enjoying Asura Cryin', it's quite good
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.