Your Favorite Genre

Discussions about anything music-related.
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Re: Your Favorite Genre

Post by Dio Brando »

In addition to my normal stuff, I've been listening to a lot of Symphonic Black Metal lately
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
§ayjay93Trix
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by §ayjay93Trix »

..Would have to say Screamo/hardcore.And acoustic once in a while. It's best to be able to switch to soft stuff instead of blasting all the time :) Btw, I'm learning how to play the drums :P
Knowledge in a box? ..Only harmony harms.
Axle Starr
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Axle Starr »

I'm learning the guitar myself
"You will not forget this devil's power....AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY AS MY OPPONENT"
Mai

Post by Mai »

§ayjay93Trix wrote:..Would have to say Screamo/hardcore.And acoustic once in a while. It's best to be able to switch to soft stuff instead of blasting all the time :) Btw, I'm learning how to play the drums :P
Ive been tuning into a lot of acoustic lately.

I need to get out of my sour mood obv.

:cry:
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
silvdude
Master Otaku

Post by silvdude »

Dio Brando wrote:
silvdude wrote:i like some metal. nu metal.old classic rock . grundge.like punk( punk, alt punk, skate punk, punk hardcore, post punk hardcore, power violnece, fast core, grindcore). and underground/ hardcore rap, skate rap, rapcore, grime, electric rap, tenco rap, d - beat rap, dub step rap and hyyno psy trance rap.
Poser. At least spell the genres right.

And if you actually liked grindcore, you wouldn't have nu-metal on your list
um no i like many styles i can like nu metal and grindcore both i like; pig destoyer, the berzeker and rotten sound and some infest which is part thrashcore part grindcore let's cut this poser crap once and for all here's a video of me skating cuz the dude that taught me how to skate said the only people that are posers are people that dress skater , act skater and carry around a board but never ride it or learn to ride it here is me riding it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2XLqzANLN0
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

silvdude wrote: um no i like many styles i can like nu metal and grindcore both i like; pig destoyer, the berzeker and rotten sound and some infest which is part thrashcore part grindcore let's cut this poser crap once and for all here's a video of me skating cuz the dude that taught me how to skate said the only people that are posers are people that dress skater , act skater and carry around a board but never ride it or learn to ride it here is me riding it.

What does you riding a fricking skateboard have to do with anything music? Posers don't have to skate....The majority of them just plain throw around sub-genre names to make people think they actually know something about metal, rock or anything else....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
silvdude
Master Otaku

Post by silvdude »

The Raven wrote:
silvdude wrote: um no i like many styles i can like nu metal and grindcore both i like; pig destoyer, the berzeker and rotten sound and some infest which is part thrashcore part grindcore let's cut this poser crap once and for all here's a video of me skating cuz the dude that taught me how to skate said the only people that are posers are people that dress skater , act skater and carry around a board but never ride it or learn to ride it here is me riding it.

What does you riding a fricking skateboard have to do with anything music? Posers don't have to skate....The majority of them just plain throw around sub-genre names to make people think they actually know something about metal, rock or anything else....
k dude ya see, he has called me a skate poser many times, on the are all anime fans nerds thread; i said not all are nerds i am a skater bmxer and i love anime and manga that is just a steyotype that anime is for nerds. for no reason he said i am not a skater i am a poser try to sound cool by talking slang i probally don't even skate board. and when he said poser he was refering to me being a skate poser and listening to those genres to try to pose as a skater by liking punk, meta; and underground rap so i posted a youtube video of me skating so he would stop calling me poser. the only posers are the people that like the music and dress it and carry around crappy decks just to look cool but are to unmovitavted to learn how to ride one. i rode one and did some ollies i am still working on kickflips/variel kickflips, pop shove its, heel flips/ vareil heel flips, casper flips, primos, mid board turns, and grinds. since thta video was taken in march i mastered all sorts of boardslides and can now vertical 180 so i am no poser so everyone lay off please i should not have to be called names by people who don't even know me.
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

silvdude wrote:um no i like many styles i can like nu metal and grindcore both
They're complete opposites. Nu-metal is watered down garbage for 13 year-old boys who want to be metalheads but can't take death metal, black metal, thrash metal, or even groove metal. Grindcore on the other hand is one of the hardest types of metal there is.

You don't actually like grindcore. You just know that nobody will take you seriously if you liked nu-metal, so you had to justify yourself liking the shitty genre by mentioning grindcore to make yourself seem "tr00".

Plus, I was looking at your YouTube account and saw a video of you thrashing to Avenged Sevenfold. If you thrash to Avenged Sevenfold, then grindcore is WAY to hard for you
i like; pig destoyer, the berzeker and rotten sound and some infest which is part thrashcore part grindcore
O IM SO COOL, I CAN GET BAND NAMES FROM WIKIPEDIA
let's cut this poser crap once and for all here's a video of me skating cuz the dude that taught me how to skate said the only people that are posers are people that dress skater , act skater and carry around a board but never ride it or learn to ride it here is me riding it.
LOL

I wasn't even talking about you being a skate poser in this thread but damn, you suck
k dude ya see, he has called me a skate poser many times, on the are all anime fans nerds thread; i said not all are nerds i am a skater bmxer and i love anime and manga that is just a steyotype that anime is for nerds. for no reason he said i am not a skater i am a poser try to sound cool by talking slang i probally don't even skate board. and when he said poser he was refering to me being a skate poser and listening to those genres to try to pose as a skater by liking punk, meta; and underground rap so i posted a youtube video of me skating so he would stop calling me poser.
There's different kinds of posers. In this case your a poser fan with your music. However, I still stand by my old statements that you're a skate poser.
the only posers are the people that like the music and dress it and carry around crappy decks just to look cool but are to unmovitavted to learn how to ride one.
I've known posers that knew how to skate. You see, the thing that makes someone a poser is if they do it for attention rather than love of skateboarding (and looking through your YouTube videos, that seems to be the case). And the fact is, at least 75% of people in the skater subculture are posers. I actually had a few friends in high school who were skaters (we did a lot of weed together) and I know what I'm dealing with here.
i rode one and did some ollies i am still working on kickflips/variel kickflips, pop shove its, heel flips/ vareil heel flips, casper flips, primos, mid board turns, and grinds. since thta video was taken in march i mastered all sorts of boardslides and can now vertical 180 so i am no poser
Yawn
so everyone lay off please i should not have to be called names by people who don't even know me.
I may have never met you in person, but you can tell a lot about a person from their posts and their YouTube.

And your posts are painful to read. I've honestly met retards with better spelling, grammar and punctuation than you.
Last edited by Dio Brando on Jun 22, 2009 10:00am, edited 2 times in total.
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

OMG, OMG, that vid almost made me pee my pants. :lol: Seriously, I've never been on a skateboard in my LIFE and I could fail less than that!

Silv, you DRESS like a poser, too! rofl rofl rofl.

Ok, ok. So, I'll keep this on topic, kinda. *still rofl*

I don't have a favorite genre. I'll listen to anything that isn't rap or country.

...but... that video... *snickersnort*
Last edited by Tyche on Jun 22, 2009 11:23am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

Filitz wrote:OMG, OMG, that vid almost made me pee my pants. :lol: Seriously, I've never been on a skateboard in my LIFE and I could fail better than that!

Silv, you DRESS like a poser, too! rofl rofl rofl.

Ok, ok. So, I'll keep this on topic, kinda. *still rofl*

I don't have a favorite genre. I'll listen to anything that isn't rap or country.

...but... that video... *snickersnort*
I think you mean "I could do better than that" or "I could fail less than that". I'm not trying to be a dick or anything like that, but it had me confused for a minute and silvdude might get the wrong idea
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

:? It's kinda like, if he got a 45% on a test and I got a 50%. We both fail, I just failed better. :-# But, you're right, he might take it as a compliment.

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

Filitz wrote: :? It's kinda like, if he got a 45% on a test and I got a 50%. We both fail, I just failed better. :-# But, you're right, he might take it as a compliment.
There is no such thing as "failing better". It's an oxymoron and doesn't make sense. He just simply fails worse/harder and you fail less
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Arg! Fuggeddaboudit.

Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

My favorite type of music is alternative/indie rock. 8)
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Axle Starr
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Axle Starr »

I've been real into Grunge lately
"You will not forget this devil's power....AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY AS MY OPPONENT"
leapyear29
Baka Otaku

Post by leapyear29 »

these are my type of genre:
Rock
Soundscapes(instrumental music)
Heavy Metal
80'S & 90'S

i don't listen to rnb and hip hop..

that's all~