Twilight

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Bambi
Absolute Otaku

Re: Twilight

Post by Bambi »

I finally saw it. My rating is 5/10. It could've been worse, but it also could've been a lot better.

Some bits were funny, but some bits were just like, "...."

I'm somewhat disappointed =(. After all the hype, I was expecting to be blown away. Only to have my hair slightly ruffled. :x
Apo , Akki, Limbo, Wallaby, Rainmaker, Ender, Kiddo, Cherry, Panda*, Aoi, Sam & BikiButt =P~ <3
~ Sailor Moon Fan Girl Forever ♥ ~
I see nothing worse than to sail this universe without you ♥
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Well its popularity is mostly with tween audiences. =P
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?
SYL
Absolute Otaku

Post by SYL »

Gaming Goddess wrote:There's no escaping the Twilight mania, and it distresses me!

it is a little annoying how everyone is so obsessed...
SEETHERLOVE ^_~
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

The theaters where I live cleared up a little compared to how it was at the beginning of Twilight Mania... Thank goodness.
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?
Taylor_Chan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Taylor_Chan »

I loved that movie! It was one of my favorites!!!!-
Why is love not meant for me at all? Do I deserve this?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

*high fives* 8)
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by MARS4 »

Uh, yeah, I expected this to be a long thread, lol. I only read about half or most of the first page :P

Yeah, the movie sort of sucked. I love the book better(I read it about 2 months before it came out to theaters, lol). I mean, it was fun to see everything happen on screen, but they made it so short and changed so many things. D: Although, I guess, it's a little bit closer to the book than I expected. I took my younger with me to see it the day after it was first released. She loved it, but she had just started reading the book(she was only on chapter 7 or 8). Now she's done with Eclipse, and I am on about chapter 33 of Breaking Dawn. One thing's for sure... I have NO CLUE how they're going to make a movie of Breaking dawn, and even eclipse. AHH. @_@ *head spins*
I love Alice, Jasper and Carlisle <33 and I've taken a quiz on "which twilight character are you?"(there are probably a million of them, lol) but I was Bella, and the description was about 99% right, that I am like that, lol. :P
anyway, New moon is coming out to theaters on november 20th like Twilight did, and the Twilight DVD wont come out on dvd til late may. =\ i can't beleive it. but now, also, the Sweethearts brand(the one that makes the heart shaped candy with words on them) are going to be making some around the time of the release of the dvd in honor of twilight, the hearts will say "bite me" and "live forever" and stuff :P (theyre also making 4th of july ones, too, i heard).
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Interesting!! XD

I heard Vanessa Hudgens is gonna be in the second movie.

I can't wait for it to come out! >.<
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
penwrite05
Baka Otaku

Post by penwrite05 »

people who are not into CHICK FLICKS will for sure say that the movie is boring. BUT to people who loves MUSHY films like me, this is indeed a good movie. See it to appreacite it.

-------------------------
perfume seduction
fleurish
Absolute Otaku

Post by fleurish »

I've only seen the movie.
The book, when I tried to read it, made me gag just a little bit.
But it was good.Worth the few bucks to see it, maybe buy it too.
I'd probably be screwed if I didn't like it too, living about four hours from Forks.
I've had complete strangers tell me out of nowhere that I look like Alice

A good movie to go see on a really rainy day.
Romantic, not too corny.Funny in places.Could have used a bit more action.
And the whole sparkly vampire thing was a little silly.

Oh and Jacob?
Yeah, hes hot.
Hi, I'm Serena
and I used to love this place
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

My friend is exactly like Jacob and one of his friends.... XDD
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

Reading the book gave me the sensation of reading a vampire fanfic'. Then it dawned on me I paid $35 to read this fanfic', and it made me sick to the stomach that I didn't spend it on something else. After that I just borrowed the books of my friends in order to get the basis to hate the series. Originally I liked it, until I realised that this was a real book, and that little fangirls believed that it was a piece of good literature.

fun fact . it's not.

Stephanie Meyer is not a good writer. As Stephen King said "she can't write worth a darn". I stand by the King with what he said. As I was told by my English teacher, she obviously didn't have an editor, or not an editor who could do their job - as the entire series is filled with grammatical errors that made said teacher put down the book permanantly.

-but this thread is about the movie, not the book. But you have to know why I hate the book to understand why I hate the movie.

The book is the basis for the movie, and the fact that Stephanie Meyer, who pulled a story about a mary-sue out her [CENSORED] and is now making millions makes me want to retch my guts out in horror. It's not fair that thousands of undiscovered and far more talented writers remain unfounded while one woman with a book full of (grammatically incorrect) sues is pulling the cash in.

The fact that this movie will add to that woman's pocket disgusts me. I have nothing against Robert or Kristen - they're fine actors - but the entire cast of Twilight didn't have much to work with in the first place. I hate the book and I hate the movie. I cannot wait for this fad to end.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Yami Haga-Ryuzaki wrote:Reading the book gave me the sensation of reading a vampire fanfic'. Then it dawned on me I paid $35 to read this fanfic', and it made me sick to the stomach that I didn't spend it on something else. After that I just borrowed the books of my friends in order to get the basis to hate the series. Originally I liked it, until I realised that this was a real book, and that little fangirls believed that it was a piece of good literature.

fun fact . it's not.

Stephanie Meyer is not a good writer. As Stephen King said "she can't write worth a darn". I stand by the King with what he said. As I was told by my English teacher, she obviously didn't have an editor, or not an editor who could do their job - as the entire series is filled with grammatical errors that made said teacher put down the book permanantly.

-but this thread is about the movie, not the book. But you have to know why I hate the book to understand why I hate the movie.

The book is the basis for the movie, and the fact that Stephanie Meyer, who pulled a story about a mary-sue out her [CENSORED] and is now making millions makes me want to retch my guts out in horror. It's not fair that thousands of undiscovered and far more talented writers remain unfounded while one woman with a book full of (grammatically incorrect) sues is pulling the cash in.

The fact that this movie will add to that woman's pocket disgusts me. I have nothing against Robert or Kristen - they're fine actors - but the entire cast of Twilight didn't have much to work with in the first place. I hate the book and I hate the movie. I cannot wait for this fad to end.
I love you. <33
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I saw the movie and I could not stop laughing. It was probably the funniest movie I've seen all year. So funny, oh my [censored] god, so funny.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Mel
Master Otaku

Post by Mel »

Pioneer Cabbit wrote:I heard Vanessa Hudgens is gonna be in the second movie.
I must say, I do hope that she isn't in the movie. Twilight is not made to be a Disney movie and she is a Disney actress.
"Feel the fear and do it anyways"
Mel
Master Otaku

Post by Mel »

Well, I must say that the movie makes it on my favorites list, which is a bit hard. I do have to add though, that the movie (along with the book) was very, very disappointing. The quality, acting, and scenes, etc for the movie was very poor. It took at least 3/4 of the movie before we seemed to get to any of the actual action, etc.

The book on the other hand was horribly written, I must say. The writing was at the grade level of a junior high student, I hate to say it. The characters were also very undeveloped, which upon reading the book was even more of a disappointment.

Over all though, the main story plot was very interesting. It just wasn't written well and the movie wasn't directed well. Too many inportant scenes were left out.
"Feel the fear and do it anyways"