Site Status

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Re: Site Status

Post by Theo »

Site running slow tonight. For some reason our bandwidth is pegging. I'm looking to see what site is causing the problem. Not sure why. Anyway, I just figured I'd update people since I'm already working on the issue.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I haven't made any changes recently... been to busy with other stuff.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

It wasn't this site. It appeared that it was slow for some people and not for others. Maybe one of the higher level ISP routes had gone down or something. The bandwidth monitor didn't show any spikes for anyone and it was below our cap and in line with typical usage. From one of our backup servers we were able to access the site at normal speed (as well as the other sites we host).
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

Upstream ISP lost routing for about two hours earlier. I think it was two hours. I need to count the pings that failed in the log file but I'm lazy.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Theo wrote:Upstream ISP lost routing for about two hours earlier. I think it was two hours. I need to count the pings that failed in the log file but I'm lazy.
Not too lazy that you can have a walk around in some bloody hills. When did you change your avatar? Its nice. 8)
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Theo wrote:Upstream ISP lost routing for about two hours earlier. I think it was two hours. I need to count the pings that failed in the log file but I'm lazy.
Not too lazy that you can have a walk around in some bloody hills. When did you change your avatar? Its nice. 8)
And very green. I like green.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
And very green. I like green.
Then you will fall in love with this pic.
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Broken link. =[
Pssssstt.....we should stop spamming this thread. o.o
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

I think that was taken in early April 2008 when we got our new dog. It was taken at the Sunol hills (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/sunol). We did about 4 hours that day. I figure it was about 4 miles (which doesn't sound very far) but I swear it was up hill 75% of the way.

I changed my picture today since I had to log in.
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

Theo wrote:I think that was taken in early April 2008 when we got our new dog. It was taken at the Sunol hills (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/sunol). We did about 4 hours that day. I figure it was about 4 miles (which doesn't sound very far) but I swear it was up hill 75% of the way.

I changed my picture today since I had to log in.

You love being a hybrid techy hiker
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

There was an outage yesterday for about 30 minutes. It appears that the upper level ISP, that his the ISP that provides our ISP's colo connectivity, had a problem with their equipment.

I had meant to update this yesterday but I was at work (which is located in a facility where I can't access sites like this).
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

We made some changes to the site tonight by seperating the images from the web server. Our bandwidth was becoming saturated so we mirrored the images to another location. If you notice a problem with the images, please let us know.

Overall this should speed up the site in the long run. It will make the pages slightly larger (as we have to include the image tag in each page) but it will allow us to transfer the pages much faster.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

test
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

I received the notification for this. Whatever the test was, it seemed to work.
Theo
Host Admin
Host Admin

Post by Theo »

For some reason there was an outage. Ken had to restart Apache because pages weren't being served. Anyway, it appears that everything is working
Athos

Post by Athos »

Awesome. And didn't even need to make that phone call. :)
Member of the ModSquad 8)