New Pokemon Gold and Silver

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Pennyroyal Tea

New Pokemon Gold and Silver

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I don't feel like getting the link because I'm a terribly lazy SOB. I'll get it later

It was announced months ago, but anyone excited for the re-issue of gold and silver for the DS?

Of course if anyone doesn't know, Gold and Silver basically revolutionized the game, adding many new features still prevalent in todays' games and some that haven't been included because they're entirely too badass.

Many consider gold/silver the best pokemon installment.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Re: New Pokemon Gold and Silver

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

I was a huge fan of Silver. I thought it to be the best. I haven't bothered with Pokémon games since. Although, I personally think this re-issue is a game (or 2) too far. "Heart" Gold and "Soul" silver, IMO, shouldn't happen. If people liked the game so much, they'll still have the cartridge, right? But, I also think the Pokémon franchise should be put to bed. But, that is truely a rant for another day.

Conclusion: Just a visual re-hash of the best Pokémon game, with some of the newer features from the Platinum set. The game is set for a butchering.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

I miss my gameboy color
I remembered my password.
Animelover_gal
Baka Otaku

Post by Animelover_gal »

I cant wait for it to come out. Hopefully i can get my DS fixed the top parts coming off and i have to tape it up so i can see whats on the top screen.

Im dying just thinking of it know. Will we be able to trade from Diamond/Pearl and Platinum?
Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

I just hope the battling isn't all slow and the animations don't take a year like D/P did. I hated D/P for that mess.

LOL OH WAIT IT DOES DO THAT LOL.

Have fun with this mess guys. I liked Gold/Silver the most out of the series, but they felt they needed to crap on it.

The remixed music is nice and all, but I'm not playing the game just to hear the music. No money for you, Bintendo.

Oh and lol, yeah I have played it. Its out in Japan.

But whatever guys, have fun with this mess. I know you will.
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Like Kura said, the animations sucked in D/P, but the "graphics" were better.

I'll think about it. xD
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I'll buy it because I'm not a whiney sissy.

And Nintendo will save my soul.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I dropped my brothers DS in water like, last year.
XDD The bottom screen doesn't work.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I like D/P and Platinum. The graphics I thought at first were weird but I got used to it so I'm interested to see how Soul Silver and Heart Gold will come out. Fire Red and Leaf Green seemed to do well so maybe these two will as well
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

FR/LG were okay. I didn't care for D/P though. The storyline just frustrated me. xD
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

How long did you play it for?
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I stopped when I was training for the pokemon league. Bahaha.
Took too long.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Didn't take me too long. Of course I was playing Platinum and had Giratina though that didn't help much. Besides it's better when it takes longer I reckon. I've finished all of the other Pokemon games numerous times and they were too easy. I'm still going with Platinum even though I have beaten the Elite 4 and the Champion.

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

The game itself was really easy. Training after victory road was hard.
~6 pokemon ~45ish each. Isn't easy. xD
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I guess though I do remember I got stuck at one of the gyms because all my Pokemon were weak against Ghost/Psychic/Dark.

With H Gold and S Silver I hope if they have Pokemon contests that they at least make them somewhat similar to the show. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and D/P and Platinum contests were boring.

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I was just wasting hours training, and would only get like.. three levels. xD
Nice team building skills, man. -_-

D/P Contests were funny. xD