America the pathetic.

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.
Pennyroyal Tea

America the pathetic.

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

One thing I try not to do is get up here on my pulpit and preach. But honestly I couldn't hold back anymore. I had to say something. If you're reading this know that this is heavily critical. I don't expect any of you to really read this or have anything to say about this. I wouldn't be surprised if this topic is ignored and you go about your day as if nothing has happened. However for those of you that read this know that this is thoroughly offensive, and if you don't like it then complain argue fight. Reading this it's pretty guaranteed that you're going to be offended in some way. Hopefully someone can look past this into the issues raised and offer some sort of intelligent discussion. I'm not trying to stir up controversy or be edgy. I'm trying to stir up emotion. Maybe I can inspire some sort of change. Or encourage one or two of you to question this.

Almost one year ago America for the first time in it's history elected a black man as President of the United States. Arguably the toughest job in the world. Many people have held the job over the last 200+ years. Many more have failed, and called the experience the worst ever.

Thomas Jefferson himself, one of our founding fathers refused to have the title on his tomb because he hated it so much.

This brings me to a one Barrack Hussein Obama. In the last year and a half we have seen many attacks on his person that are totally unjustified. Now I'm not the type of person to blame race for every single problem. Hell I don't know it could be because he's black, or whatever. I'm not going to go that route. Though I will be saying he's unconventional.

Maybe this is why he's been attack so frequently, because what he represents is so drastically different than what we're so used to.

I'm not going to get into all the [censored], I don't have all the time. But I'll mention things like the birther movement, all the lies about healthcare, all the crap about abortions. The fact that his relationships with people were so heavily exaggerated as to paint him a terrorist. He was even called anti-american because he didn't wear an American flag pin on his lapel. Now I'm going to ask a question, and I'm doing to ask the people who read this to post their thoughts on this no matter what it is. If you disagree with me feel free to, but if you're going to bring it bring it.

What I find funny, and this is the most recent issue, is Obama's address to the schools. I find it hilarious that everyone made such a big deal out of the fact that he wanted to speak to the school children.

OMG he's like totally going to preach his ideals and politics and brainwash our children. LIKE OMG PANIC PANIC PANIC.

Seriously chill the [censored] out. Anyone who heard or read about the address will learn that it was completely non-partisan. In fact it was inspirational because he challenged kids to take the country on their backs, buckle down and learn developing their skills into something we all can benefit from as a country. Saying that by giving up in school, they're giving up on their country.

Seriously. All a big deal for nothing. I'm surprised that these fox news watchers and loyal right wing conservatist don't make a big deal about which hand he uses to go potty with. Like seriously don't the mothers and fathers have something better to do than try to cause controversey where there isn't any?

Like seriously, I'm going to be straight with America. You're a bunch of idiots. Find that offensive? Too bad. I'm well aware of the fact that it's just a minority of people doing this, a very loud and vocal minority, but the fact that the majority hasn't risen up to do anything frankly makes me sick. I mean since when is America such a place where such where people are criticized before they even get the chance to do their jobs.

I'm tired of America. I'm so [censored] tired of our country and the direction we're headed as a people. I am not proud to be an American. I am proud to live in this country where my rights to a certain extent are protected. I fully enjoy the freedoms that aren't available in many countries, however this does not justify all the [censored] that we have to see every time we turn on the television. We as a country have fallen to the back of the pack when it comes to the rest of the world because we forgot what it means to change.

George Washington himself warned against the dangers of party politics, and it seems like that's exactly where our country is headed. We're more divided than ever. We have a fresh presidency yet all we're doing is fighting over the things that don't mean anything to anyone who has to struggle to make ends meet. We're fighting over such idiotic things such as the President's wish to speak to the youth of the country, and whether his candidicy is legitimate meanwhile people are starving to death. People are homeless, looking for places to live yet can't find anywhere. People who go through the day knowing that they have to find a place to sleep at night. People are so divided over who's a democrat and who's a republican and the fact that the fork is touching the spoon that we don't know that our America is dying.

The America that was present so long ago. The America that the Revolutionary soldiers fought and died for because of a dream of equality, of brothers and sister working together. Of the chance not only to be free to dream, but to be free to be. We're so divided, we're so stuck on our own ideals that we're encroaching on the important freedoms. The freedom to live and pursue happiness freely. What does it matter that Frank and Jeff want to get married. We ruin America with all this anti-gay, anti-black, anti-white. ant-whatever

Why has America become a country where we're against something rather than for it? Isn't the fact that we're different and thusly having different goals and ideals of what America should be the very foundation of what America was built on?

Whether or not you believe in God, America was not built on God. It was built on freedoms. You believe in God. You believe in the fact that gays shouldn't exist and get married. More power to you. Don't be gay and don't get married to another man/woman. However don't ruin America by preventing Jeff and Frank, and Jill and Joan from getting married, becaus by getting married they are supporting what America stands for and that is the freedom to pursue happiness. Especially when that happiness does not hurt anyone. Especially when that happiness brings us to the dream we all share and that's equality.

Nobody is asking you to support what they believe in, or to do what they want to do, you don't have to. That is American. But you don't have the right to prevent them from doing it. That is not American.

America bends to the dollar bill. That's what America is. We got drunk on our ideals, and our people are the bile that gets vomitted out. Because we're so divided instead of united.

Whatever happened to united we stand? Whatever happened to taking a stand? Taking to the streets. But not instead we became a fat self indulgent country looking for someone else to blame. We're looking to make a buck before we're looking to help someone down on their luck. Why should we accumulate piles and piles of cash we'll never spend, and drive million dollar cars we don't need while someone gets busted trying to steal food so that they can eat.

While someone gets arrested by the cops for trespassing because they want a warm dry place to sleep. Why has America closed its doors to the people wanting to come in so that they could enjoy the freedoms we enjoy? The opportunity.

This isn't America, this is a nightmare, where we're all divided.

This isn't America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.

This is somewhere else. Somewhereistan

Where you can live as long as you're accepted into the right groups, where you win if you fit in.

This isn't America this is a place where we think of ourselves first. Some other country where we're all divided over all the things that don't matter.

This is not America. I can't honestly tell you what it is. But whatever this country is. We'll never help out our brother or sister if it means burning a little bit of the cash or power or priviledge we accumilated but don't earn anywhere.

I'm hoping that one day I wake up and find myself in the country that I was supposed to be born in.

Till then I'll sleep through this nightmare.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Re: America the pathetic.

Post by Gaming Goddess »

America, [censored] YEAH! Comin' around to save the [censored]day yeah!
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Well.. You seem very passionate on this issue.
I do think you went slightly overboard like you said.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Come to Scotland. America sounds bollocks.
Athos

Post by Athos »

If you don't like it, either get out or help change it.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Joker wrote:We're fighting over such idiotic things such as the President's wish to speak to the youth of the country, and whether his candidacy is legitimate meanwhile people are starving to death. People are homeless, looking for places to live yet can't find anywhere.
You're very right. As much as I may disagree with very many of the things that Obama is trying to do, I agree that we should stop bitching, and instead work on fixing what matters. If the funds that are being spent on griping and complaining where used towards fixing problems, a lot of them would be fixed by now.

Joker wrote:Nobody is asking you to support what they believe in, or to do what they want to do, you don't have to. That is American. But you don't have the right to prevent them from doing it. That is not American.
Very much agreed. Separation of Church and State. I realize that the mentioning of "God" is in the constitution several times, however many religions have a "God" figure..
So, what I'm trying to say is that religion should have nothing to do with weather or not a couple of any sort can be legally bound into marriage.

Ps.
I love how passionate you seem about this. Props. (not that you need them, nor do you care <,<; )
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Athos wrote:If you don't like it, either get out or help change it.
What a typical response.

I kinda sorta expected better from you. -3
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Well he does have a point, Andre.

But Athos he was just expressing his feelings. >_>
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Adolf
Master Otaku

Post by Adolf »

Bravo
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Everyone hates the country they live in. No exceptions.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Oh really now?
ixtli
Baka Otaku

Post by ixtli »

This thread needs some serious carbohydrates :wink:
Attachments
Bon apetit
Bon apetit
fdsfd.jph.jpg (92.09 KiB) Viewed 3268 times
Adolf
Master Otaku

Post by Adolf »

Nobody likes naked pasta.
Attachments
Now it is complete.
Now it is complete.
03_sauce_pan.jpg (104.32 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Have you ever tried Quiznos's Chicken Carbonara? It's actually pretty good.
Attachments
ChickenCarbonara2.jpg
ChickenCarbonara2.jpg (21.38 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
ixtli
Baka Otaku

Post by ixtli »

Tell us all, good sir, where this wonderful food item can be bought, and the exact temperature which it is kept.
Adolf
Master Otaku

Post by Adolf »

I heard it's kept at absolute zero, and is toasted until golden, on the pyramids of the Aztecs and is offered only to the gods.