So, Ken.

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

So, Ken.

Post by Hardcore »

It's nearing that time again, how about the once-yearly gift of a name change?
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So, Ken.

Post by webmaster »

The forums aren't nearly as busy as they used to be, so I'll just turn on the name change feature again and if it winds up causing problems I can always disable it.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Oh, alright. Thanks
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

webmaster wrote:The forums aren't nearly as busy as they used to be.
Does this not concern you?
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

If you're talking to me, it does, but there's not much we can do about it.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Well, I would definitely like them to be busier, but as Cookie says, I'm not sure there's a whole lot I can do about it.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

D: But there is! We just have to figure out what that is..
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I've already made suggestions. I'm out of them now.
Only one I can think of is advertise on other websites/get friends to join. Butttt I doubt anyone has that much dedication.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

The low life span of threads does not help. They should be kept in there place for a much greater time than they are now. Our current system implies we are creating new threads all the time, to hold our attention. When infact its threads that are being lost that compel us to come back, that are being deleted.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

They are being removed? I thought I turned off auto-pruning. I just went to double check some of the forums and it looks like the auto-pruning is disabled. Which forums specifically are losing threads?
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

New Member Introductions, is one place I would suspect.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

You're right, that one still had it. I just disabled it.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

There was also a recent surge of posts being deleted, some people losts thousands of posts. What happened there?
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Ooops? :oops: OHWAIT you didnt mean those. lol

Yeah, i remember that happened a while back as well, I think that was because of the auto-prune as well, the massive amount of large threads that got deleted.. but that's just my speculation.
cookie wrote:I've already made suggestions. I'm out of them now.
Only one I can think of is advertise on other websites/get friends to join. Butttt I doubt anyone has that much dedication.
Well, I'd be more than happy to help out with this i just havent been told what to do exactly... I've been trying my best to get old friends to come back, with little success.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

SASSZAIN wrote:Ooops? :oops: OHWAIT you didnt mean those. lol
Rofl. I think I know who you're talking about
SASSZAIN wrote:Yeah, i remember that happened a while back as well, I think that was because of the auto-prune as well, the massive amount of large threads that got deleted.. but that's just my speculation.
Well.. ken said..
webmaster wrote:They are being removed? I thought I turned off auto-pruning. I just went to double check some of the forums and it looks like the auto-pruning is disabled. Which forums specifically are losing threads?

SASSZAIN wrote:
Cookie wrote:I've already made suggestions. I'm out of them now.
Well, I'd be more than happy to help out with this i just havent been told what to do exactly... I've been trying my best to get old friends to come back, with little success.
Well, try harder. :o Who specifically have you tried?
Edit:You didn't capitalize the c in Cookie :(
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I'm a basket of fail, you know this :) (in regards to not capitalizing your C )

as for webbys post, I was talking about WAY back. A WAY back time, he turned on pruning for all the forums, and thats when crap hit the fan, and spewed all over my new suede shoes.