Tips on how to focus on your homework

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.

Do you like to do homework?

NOOO; I hate h.w.; What kind of question is this? >=(
20%
YES!! Homework is so so fun!! Doing h.w. is like.... my hobby =D
No votes
Umm... I don't care if I have h.w. or not. I do it when I do.. =/
30%
Uhh... what's this 'homework'? Is it edible?? o.O
50%

Total votes: 10

Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Re: Tips on how to focus on your homework

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I do my homework while browsing AA, this place is so boring.

OHWUT
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

It isnt too bad. xD

If it's vocabulary, I find it helpful to find a 'study buddy'; or just a review worksheet, etc.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Homework?
Crap, i'm gonna have that again soon....

This isnt cool :(
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

NO!! Homework is NOT edible, you hobknockers! :x :x

Anyway, I've been a bad, bad girl for the past several weeks. I've been ditching my classes, except Human Communications 'cause I love that class. :mrgreen:

However, I'm gonna start going to all my classes again starting tomorrow. This is a promise I made to myself. ;o; Hope I stick to it.. I don't want to disappoint myself and others ever again.

:D . Word.
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Taylor_Chan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Taylor_Chan »

That's good. But I don't get it. I never do my homework, which is 40% of my grade, and I'm an honor roll student... That's weird! :shock:
Why is love not meant for me at all? Do I deserve this?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Taylor_Chan wrote:That's good. But I don't get it. I never do my homework, which is 40% of my grade, and I'm an honor roll student... That's weird! :shock:
|-|4><
Thats the only `splaination
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

I'm a junior, and most of my classes don't have homework... I do it in class... or I don't do it and I magically and not failing...

Except English and Civics, but I have a retarded teacher in English who hated me when I had my surgery and decided to fail me. Civics... I have no excuse for that one.

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOO SUMMER SCHOOL!
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Sinsei
Master Otaku

Post by Sinsei »

Pioneer Cabbit wrote:I get distracted easily.. I think I have A.D.D. or something... :? :?: :!: ](*,)

I can't seem to focus on the important things, home-work, academic wise. I'm so lazy.. VERY VERY VERY VERY lazy. I procrastinate all the time. I rarely not procrastinate :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Any tips that could help me concentrate? [-o< [-o<

Annnnnd I'm wasting my time postin' this thread... I should be doing my essay that's due tomorrow ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) SEE WHAT I MEAN?!! :evil:
Hm...not much i can say,for i'm a procrastinator myself :-"
If you have A.D.D,take some Ritalin...might help o_o
Usually if i'm procrastinating i wouldn't worry about it...I would just do whatever i was procrastinating on at the last minute..I'm sure to not procrastinate then 8-[
The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal.Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of plan in life,and the tragic brevity of time. -W.J Davison
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

all i have to do it turn on my ipod and then I can study all afternoon long ;DD
some people might say that listening to music while you study is bad to focus, it helps me a lot to focus on my homework...
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Yuki wrote:all i have to do it turn on my ipod and then I can study all afternoon long ;DD
some people might say that listening to music while you study is bad to focus, it helps me a lot to focus on my homework...
Its true. Listening to music or having a movie playing in the background as you work is actually a very good way to drown out other background noises, or just fill the silence. When everything's quiet, people actually have a sub-concious need to strain and find something to listen to as they're thinking or working. Filling that void with something you actually like, helps to drown out the stress that's caused from straining.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Sinsei
Master Otaku

Post by Sinsei »

Yuki wrote:all i have to do it turn on my ipod and then I can study all afternoon long ;DD
Come to think of it...that really does work XD
The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal.Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of plan in life,and the tragic brevity of time. -W.J Davison
Mai

Post by Mai »

not that i am condoning anything
but i used to get stoned and do homework all the time.
made me concentrate [oddly enough]. :thumbsup:
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

^ I wish i could do that.

maybe if i was stoned, i wouldn't have spent the past hour on AA instead of studying for my first big test in history LOL
Athos

Post by Athos »

History is simple. Even college US History was too easy -______-
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Mai

Post by Mai »

Athos wrote:History is simple. Even college US History was too easy -______-
For those of us that are attuned to learning, maybe, but for others i can see why it's difficult.

SHUT UP YOU BIG FAT LAWYER.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.