Halo Thar

Introduce yourself to the rest of the board.
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Halo Thar

Post by spacegy4 »

hiya

I guess as a little introduction, I'm a computer geek. I build custom computers as a hobby.

Here is a picture of my current configuration:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa82 ... 010243.jpg

Hardware highlights include the ati HD5970 graphics card and the Asetek (rebranded by Corsair) hydro 50 liquid cooling system (with 2 cooler master 120mm fans in a push/pull configuration.)

Games I like to play: Mostly FPS but I also am into a variety of others.

I currently play: Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2,COD4, COD Modern Warfare 2, and guitar hero 3 PC. Bad Company 2

I'm about to get a try at DIRT2 because it came with the graphics card.

I'm also an Anime/Manga fanatic. Animes/Mangas I like in no particular order: K-ON! , Full Metal Panic! , Full Metal Panic? Fummoffu, Full Metal Panic! the second raid , Gundam Wing , Vampire Knight , Sora No Woto, Black Cat , Negima!
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Re: Halo Thar

Post by Tailtiu »

*waves tentatively*
<3 life
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

Tailtiu wrote:*waves tentatively*
aw thanks. I totally feel welcome! XD
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Yo~
I have a feelin we'll get along nicely 8) What GFX card you curently running? I didnt see one in that pic.. Makes me sorta wonder how you're playing BC2 XD
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

SASSZAIN wrote:Yo~
I have a feelin we'll get along nicely 8) What GFX card you curently running? I didnt see one in that pic.. Makes me sorta wonder how you're playing BC2 XD
You should be able to see the HD5970 graphics card underneath the LED board. (see the word radeon)

heres an older pic where you can see the card (at 12.5 in long it barely fits in the case)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa82 ... CF4038.jpg

heres where I game and what I use as a screen
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa82 ... 7873-1.jpg

a screenshot of DIRT2@1920x1080 HD maximum settings
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa82 ... -16-57.jpg
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

LOL@WIRELESS
I'll admit, technology is better now that it was in my day of wireless gaming, but still XD having batteries die mid-match, not good.

I can see the card now, most definitely. It was just hidden in the darkness. Though, i will go 'ew' from it being ATI. I'm an nVidea supporter myself, running an 8600 that I'm hopefully going to be turning into a 250 soon :D

Now for important cred's
Steam account?
Xfire account?
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

steam: spacegy4
xfire: spacegy4

I liked nvidia too but the 5970 was the fastest card out there and supported direct X11 so I went for it.