The Underground Society

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

The Underground Society

Post by Armork »

By day, they do not exist. They are hidden, kept out of sight. By night, they roam the city, shadowed underneath long cloaks. They are a race known as, "The Night Walkers."
The Night Walkers are a race of "mutants" who have abilities from anything from using magic, to being able to control the elements, to being able to shapeshift. They have all lived hidden underground for decades in an underground city built by the first Nightwalkers for their allergy to the sun which turns them to stone, and their strange appearances, "blue skin, scales, etc." When the humans attacked the city 6 years ago, the Night Walkers were forced to flee and their city was destroyed. From this attack there was born a hatred in the hearts of some, those who no longer wished to live beneath the feet of the Humans. A group of Night Walkers called, "The Risers" was formed. It is filled with Night Walker who wish to avenge their people and create a world only for the Night Walkers. Another group, named "The Dark Angels" was formed to stop The Risers and bring peace between the Night Walkers and the Humans.
When a child is born between a human and a Night Walker that is able to walk in the sunlight and that has the power to turn sunlight into complete darkness, the war between the two groups begins.

The humans were of course not entirely bound as single military force. Some fought against the night walkers while others ended up fighting for them.
Human military factions:

Hell's Brigade:
Type: Mercenaries
Description: The Hell's Brigade was an initial military unit formed to combat the Night Walkers. It was funded by the Royal government. After realizing that they could do so much more and get much more pay on their own the group broke off to form their own mercenary force. The unit will pretty much fight for whomever can pay the most. This means that they deploy operations attacking both the Night Walkers and the humans depending on their pay for the job. A Hell's Brigade soldier is distinguished by it's uniform which uses a red urban camo pattern: http://www.slygear.com/cgi-bin/image/te ... play-3.jpg (#5)
Structure: They are an organized force consisting of soldiers of discrete roles (lack of multi specializations) ranging from assault soldiers to snipers and support gunners.
Primary equipment: RGA (Royal Government Army):
Type: Government employed and funded national military force.
Description: The RGA was formed to try to promote unity in the national military force after Hell's Brigade broke away. The purpose of the RGA is to defend the humans against the Night Walkers and partake in "preemptive attacks." One of these such attacks was operation Prompt Strike, only six years before, which was still the largest single handed military action against the Night Walkers. The RGA has better quality equipment compared to the Hell's Brigade because of the direct funding by the Royal Government.
Structure: An officer command structure. The army consists of a primary brigade made from 2 battalions. The Alpha battalion performs standard military operations while the Sigma battalion does special operations missions. Most military actions such as attacks require very little in the means of approval by the bureaucracy.
Primary Equipment: ((THANKS TO SPACEGY4 FOR THE AWESOME MILITARY LAYOUT))

The RP will take place in the human's city of Vixtoria, and within the partially rebuilt Night Walker city of Levion, which is located underground beneath Vixtoria. What will happen is for you to decide next. Which side you will join? The Risers or The Dark Angels?

Needed Characters:
  • Child: Spacegy4

Leader of Risers: Armork66
    Lieutenant of Risers: Armork66
    Members of Risers:

Leader of Dark Angels:
    Lieutenant of Dark Angels: Stormsangel
    Members of Dark Angels: Armork66,

Humans (Optional):
-----Character Skeleton----

Name:
Group and Rank:
Abilities:
Weapons:
Appearance:
Picture:
Bio:
--------------
My characters:

Name: Leon Dirge
Group and Rank: The Risers; Leader
Abilities: Black Angel Wings. Void Teleportation.
Weapons: Scythe – Black Ring. Spiked Arm Guard – Silver Ring.
Appearance: Silver Hair with Crimson Red Eyes; Wears a black coat with a hood that covers his face in shadow. Has a tribal tattoo below his left eye. He wears two rings. A black one that transforms into a large black scythe and a silver ring that turns into a spiked armguard that runs along the length of his left arm. He has large black angel wings with feathers as hard as steel protruding from his back which he can seal inside his body.
Picture: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/0 ... croaky.jpg
Bio: Leon was raised in an underground city which was built by the Night Walkers. He lived there until he was 17 when the humans attack the underground city. Many Night Walkers were killed, and only a handful managed to escape, Leon being one of them. Leon, wanting to get revenge on the humans, formed The Risers along with those that shared his hatred. Leon wishes to create a world where the Night Walkers can live in peace and not be forced to hide underground and the only way he sees that happening is by the destruction of the humans.
----
Name: Reii Asama
Group and Rank: Dark Angels; Member
Abilities: Shapeshift: Wolf. Telekinesis
Weapons: Katana. Dagger and Chain
Appearance: Long blue hair with silver eyes. She has wolf ears and fangs and wears a long black cloak with the hood always pulled over her head to hide her ears. She carries a katana at her side and has 2 daggers attached to chains which she has hidden up both of her sleeves.
Picture:
Normal Form –http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/ ... Inside.jpg
Wolf Form – http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/ ... minori.jpg
BIO: Reii lived in the underground city built by the Night Walkers. When it was attacked by the humans, she was only 14 years old. During the attack her parents were both killed and she had been cornered in an alley way by a group of soldiers. She was rescued by a fellow Night Walker and the two fled the city along with other surviving Night Walkers. She later joined the Dark Angels in hopes of one day bringing peace to the Humans and Night Walkers so that no one will ever have to feel the pain she had to go through. She is very observant and is extremely loyal to those who she trusts.
--------
We will start when enough people join. New characters can pop in at anytime so even if the RP is already started, new people can join.
Last edited by Armork on Jun 02, 2010 4:09pm, edited 10 times in total.
~~That which exists in the Night is forever Eternal~~
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Re: The Underground Society

Post by spacegy4 »

Name: Ren
Group and rank: Neither
Abilities: Parkour/free running, Turning light into pure darkness. He has numerous other abilities that he is unaware of and is unable to control. These abilities are derived from both night walkers, dark angels and others. Later he may realize them and learn to control them as RP develops.
Weapon(s): Black Anodized Desert Eagle .50 caliber pistol: http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2008/11 ... gle_1.jpeg
appearance: http://data18.sevenload.com/slcom/cg/br ... me-Boy.jpg
Bio: Ren was born into the center of a conflict. At a young age he was forced to leave his home due to attacks by both humans and night walkers. He no longer has a home and has to constantly be on the move to avoid potential attack. He has temporary refuges in both the night walker city and above ground. Having never known his parents in his aware lifetime he is searching to try to find them. He does not identify with any organization or group.
Last edited by spacegy4 on May 14, 2010 12:03pm, edited 2 times in total.
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

Name: Ren
Group and rank: Neither
Abilities: Turning light into pure darkness. He has numerous other abilities that he is unaware of and is unable to control. These abilities are derived from both night walkers, dark angels and others. Later he may realize them and learn to control them as RP develops.
Weapon(s): Black Anodized Desert Eagle .50 caliber pistol: http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2008/11 ... gle_1.jpeg
appearance: http://data18.sevenload.com/slcom/cg/br ... me-Boy.jpg
Bio: Ren was born into the center of a conflict. At a young age he was forced to leave his home due to attacks by both humans and night walkers. He no longer has a home and has to constantly be on the move to avoid potential attack. He has temporary refuges in both the night walker city and above ground. Having never known his parents in his aware lifetime he is searching to try to find them. He does not identify with any organization or group.
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

Thats usually the only problem I have when I do this RP is the child, but you did it perfectly. :)
If you want, you can do the Human Military on this RP sense I know your awesome at it.
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

Sure I can do military. I will get to work on that.

And thanks.

you will not be dissapointed
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

((I will be adding more to this and completing incomplete sections when I get the chance. Maybe you could edit this into the first post.))

The humans were of course not entirely bound as single military force. Some fought against the night walkers while others ended up fighting for them.

Human military factions:

Hell's Brigade:
Type: Mercenaries
Description: The Hell's Brigade was an initial military unit formed to combat the Night Walkers. It was funded by the Royal government. After realizing that they could do so much more and get much more pay on their own the group broke off to form their own mercenary force. The unit will pretty much fight for whomever can pay the most. This means that they deploy operations attacking both the Night Walkers and the humans depending on their pay for the job. A Hell's Brigade soldier is distinguished by it's uniform which uses a red urban camo pattern: http://www.slygear.com/cgi-bin/image/te ... play-3.jpg (#5)
Structure: They are an organized force consisting of soldiers of discrete roles (lack of multi specializations) ranging from assault soldiers to snipers and support gunners.
Primary equipment:
Assault Weapon: Avtomat Kalashnikova AK-47 assault rifle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
Sniper Weapon: Dragunov SVD-137 sniper rifle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragunov_sniper_rifle
Support weapon: Ruchnoy Pulemyot Degtyareva (RPD) light machine gun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPD
Vehicles:They do not possess many vehicles for heavy combat roles although he possess a small number of Humvee s and a single APC.

RGA (Royal Government Army):
Type: Government employed and funded national military force.
Description: The RGA was formed to try to promote unity in the national military force after Hell's Brigade broke away. The purpose of the RGA is to defend the humans against the Night Walkers and partake in "preemptive attacks." One of these such attacks was operation Prompt Strike, only six years before, which was still the largest single handed military action against the Night Walkers. The RGA has better quality equipment compared to the Hell's Brigade because of the direct funding by the Royal Government.
Structure: An officer command structure. The army consists of a primary brigade made from 2 battalions. The Alpha battalion performs standard military operations while the Sigma battalion does special operations missions. Most military actions such as attacks require very little in the means of approval by the bureaucracy.
Primary Equipment:
Assault Weapon: M-16A4 Assault Rifle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle
Sniper Weapon: M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M110_Semi- ... per_System
Support Weapon: M240L light machine gun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240
Special forces/commando weapon: FN SCAR-L (Mk 16/17 Mod 0) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_SCAR
Vehicles:
Special:
VTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) aircraft http://images.bit-tech.net/content_imag ... rysis1.jpg
This aircraft is only in rare use and its primary purpose is to tactically insert a force into a target area. The reason it is not used very much is because it is very vulnerable to anti aircraft fire.
Last edited by spacegy4 on May 13, 2010 2:39pm, edited 3 times in total.
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

That looks amazing, once again you do not dissapoint. I will put it in the main section once it is completed or mostly completed :)
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

its done for the time being. Just let me know if anything needs clarifying or changing
(now go post in natural order lol)
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

Alright, I will put it up right now
(Lol I was waiting for someone else to post but ok)
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

I'm excited. I want to start lol. But I guess we need more people.
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

Yeah, I have done this RP many times and it is all together one of my favorites. This is the first time however I will be doing it with the human military involved so it looks to become pretty interesting. :D
BTW, feel free to make more characters. There isn't limit on how many you can have as long as you can manage them all
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

nvm. my Internets glitched
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

Fixed links**
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

Maybe if we start and make our posts totally awesome more people will join.
Armork
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Armork »

Alright, I am gonna make another character for the Risers real quick before we do so I can have something to work with.
spacegy4
Full Metal Otaku

Post by spacegy4 »

It was night. Ren was holed up in one of his places above ground. He was sitting inside of a gutted house against a wall. He heard a group of soldiers come near. Were they coming for him? It had happened almost too many times that he had been attacked by human soldiers and Night Walkers. Relieved to find that they appeared to be passing by he let out a yawn. Suddenly there was a pounding sound on the front door. They were breaking in. "You are under arrest by the Royal Government! surrender immediately or we will open fire!" The wood panel of the door easily splintered as it pushed inward with the impact of a ram. Ren then made his escape out the back door, running deeper into the city with no place in mind. Miraculously they did not appear to be pursuing him.

He stopped in an alleyway and took a moment to catch his breath. He was not the only being in the alley, he spotted a lone Night Walker. ((OOC: Reii)) Grasping his pistol in it's holster he prepared to defend himself if that was necessary. Unexpectedly 2 soldiers appeared which were wearing the red urban camouflage of the Hell's Brigade. No one said anything for a few moments. Ren suddenly drew his pistol and took aim. Then suddenly another pistol appeared in his other hand as if from nowhere. How the heck did that happen? I don't have 2 guns? Taking aim at the other soldier soldier it became a stand off he waited to see what would happen next.