I feel so accomplished!

Bottom of the ninth, third down, Gretzky shoots from the three point line... and it's a goaaaaal!
Mai

I feel so accomplished!

Post by Mai »

I jsut went on a 40.2 mi (roughly 68.17 kilometers) bike ride! Everything hurts so terribly bad haha, but it was ultimately so worth it.

Im thinking about starting to run marathons! Try donating a bit of time to a cuase, and get healthy at the same time.

Anyone else do anything of this sort?
Its so freaking refreshing!! :-k :mrgreen:
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Mik3

Re: I feel so accomplished!

Post by Mik3 »

nosaj thing wrote:I jsut went on a 40.2 mi (roughly 68.17 kilometers) bike ride! Everything hurts so terribly bad haha, but it was ultimately so worth it.

Im thinking about starting to run marathons! Try donating a bit of time to a cuase, and get healthy at the same time.

Go for it! :D
Running is beneficial to your mind as well as your body. Since you already biked
pretty well, then you probably already know just to stay hydrated and pace yourself

I try to run a mile or two every three days in the morning and it does help you burn off your breakfast fast and get ready for the rest of the day
I remembered my password.
Mai

Post by Mai »

I usually attend the gym every single morning before work at 4:30 am. Ill run 3-5 miles on the oliptical. SO I was far more prepared for the strenuous ride than the others who joined me. And much to do with it is cardio exercises (the way you regulate your breathing, pacing ones self and such), oooh and i learned form military school to always keep well hydrated. So I finally am getting back into my rigorious workout ethic, and i feel like the old me again!

Although my butt hurts sooooooooooo bad from how uncomfortable that freakin seat was. -.-;;

I enjoy bicycling more than I do running. Mainly because working out the quads is somewhat exceedingly more beneficial than just working out your calves.

Plus bikes work out so many other muscles at the same time!

Much fun! Im going for a 7 mile hike today (and rock climbing) so its essentially a grand total of 14.9 miles there and back. If I dont die, haha, imma be so proud of myself. ;p
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I'm digging a basement by hand, does that count?

I used to ride my bike daily, for up to 5 miles at a time. But, now, that its broken, i cant.

I miss rock climbing too GRR MAI U MAKE ME JELLIN!
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I'm too unfit to work out that much. :/
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

nosaj thing wrote:I jsut went on a 40.2 mi (roughly 68.17 kilometers) bike ride! Everything hurts so terribly bad haha, but it was ultimately so worth it.

WE SHOULD RUN A MARATHON TOGETHER!!!!
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

NOU wrote:I'm too unfit to work out that much. :/
you are wit that attitude, get ur butt outside :twisted:
I remembered my password.
Mai

Post by Mai »

Shining Star wrote:

I know I DEFINITELY could run a marathon!Ive actually done a few over the past summer. The only thing I rreeeaaally need to do is quit smoking (which you witnessed how bad i am at it when you visited, lol).

But YES, AWESOME IDEA!
Why don't you just move in ;p
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

nosaj thing wrote:
Shining Star wrote:

I know I DEFINITELY could run a marathon!Ive actually done a few over the past summer. The only thing I rreeeaaally need to do is quit smoking (which you witnessed how bad i am at it when you visited, lol).

But YES, AWESOME IDEA!
Why don't you just move in ;p
I can after college. I'm being totally serious. Plus like i've said many times before, if I do go to that publishing institute in new york, I will need a place to stay. :D And I'll be happy to pay rent, cook meals, and clean to the best of my ability..and we can train together for marathons!!! :D You should come out here sometime and do the chicago marathon!! its awesome..I'm not allowed to do marathons since im in season and my coach doesn't want us to do them. It's because it takes away our training from our cross country season, so it makes sense...but as soon as i graduate!!! WE'RE GOING TO RUN A MARATHON TOGETHER!!! :mrgreen:
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

wtf? So your gonna leave me after you graduate?? :cry:
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Miaow wrote:wtf? So your gonna leave me after you graduate?? :cry:
well..i mean just for a little while if it works out. I would never leave you forever!

Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

yay!
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
ANGEL OF HELL
Absolute Otaku

Post by ANGEL OF HELL »

Accomplishment is like pie: ....yeah.
"Somebody's been Funk'n with my Funk! Funk'n 'round Funk'n with it untill they Funk it up! (Don't Funk with my Funk!)" - Bootsy Collins and the RubberFans

Nyx is the wife, ya digg?
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Mik3 wrote:
NOU wrote:I'm too unfit to work out that much. :/
you are wit that attitude, get ur butt outside :twisted:
Shut up :(
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.