Tattoos

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.

Which sex do you prefer tattoos on? (Regardless of the image, quote or location).

Poll ended at Jul 01, 2010 4:17am

I prefer them on guys, but not girls.
No votes
I prefer them on girls, but not guys.
No votes
I prefer them on both.
71%
I don't prefer them on any.
29%

Total votes: 7

Athos

Tattoos

Post by Athos »

What are your feelings on tattoos?

Do you think they look okay on guys/girls? Perhaps only for guys/girls?

If they did have one, where would your preference be?

And if you got a tatt, why did you get one? Do you regret getting one?

Or, if you would want to get one, where would you get it, and what would the image look like?

Express your opinions!
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Dretlin

Re: Tattoos

Post by Dretlin »

Tattoos mean almost nothing to me. I have seen some of my friends get some horribly pretentious tattoos, that have discouraged me from even considering it.

For some reason they felt they had jump a few steps in the "rock n roll" social order in having a tattoo done on them.

It's not on my mind at the moment.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I don't mind tattoos. I have friends with some really nice ones, that I know mean a lot to them.

I personally want a tat of the Starman (Rush related, dur), but I don't know where I'd get it. And I hate my skin, so I have a hard time imagining it.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

I hate sleeves! God, those are awful! They cover up your whole arm and as the years go by and you get old they just look nasty!

Rant aside, if tastefully done right..tattoos are awesome!

I really want to get two on the inside of my wrists of scriptures from the Bible that I really try to live my life by or that I want to keep in mind.

I also want something elaborate done on my back with my own religious art I've done combined with an image of the cross along with some of my poetry. I'm really thinking on it. I'm in the process of sketching out some thumbnail sketches, because well I do not want to mess this up. It'll be on my body forever.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

Considering me and my boyfriend both have tattoos...I can't really complain. =P

As long as it means something to you and doesn't look retarded, I guess it's your body. If it sucks/ looks bad, then you can get laughed at.
<3 life
stormsangel
Absolute Otaku

Post by stormsangel »

I agree with Star, sleeves are horrible >_<

Tattoos look great as long as they're not huge and ridiculously intricate, simple is best in my opinion.

Personally would never get a tattoo, well not a permanent one anyway, henna ftw :mrgreen:
*~I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not~*
*~Dare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky~*

"You can't help it when you fall in love. That's just love, you know?" ~Hideki, Chobits
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

stormsangel wrote:I agree with Star, sleeves are horrible >_<

Tattoos look great as long as they're not huge and ridiculously intricate, simple is best in my opinion.

Personally would never get a tattoo, well not a permanent one anyway, henna ftw :mrgreen:
How long does henna last?
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:Tattoos mean almost nothing to me. I have seen some of my friends get some horribly pretentious tattoos, that have discouraged me from even considering it.

For some reason they felt they had jump a few steps in the "rock n roll" social order in having a tattoo done on them.

It's not on my mind at the moment.
^this
only, more fail, and not as cool.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
stormsangel
Absolute Otaku

Post by stormsangel »

Shining Star wrote:
stormsangel wrote:I agree with Star, sleeves are horrible >_<

How long does henna last?
If I remember correctly the one time I got henna a couple years ago, it lasted about a month or so. Trying to remember cause got it just before the formal and still had it when I went on holidays to the beach, I think it was about that long :-k
*~I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not~*
*~Dare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky~*

"You can't help it when you fall in love. That's just love, you know?" ~Hideki, Chobits
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

I like tattoos on either sex. I want one, but I don't know where I'd put it. I want it somewhere it can be hidden, so I don't have to worry about it being seen in a professional environment. But I want a butterfly, or something like that. Common, perhaps, but I love butterflies. =3 Or a heart. I'm severely girly, sometimes. >.>
ikiBBiki :o
*~Color Me Impressed~*
In honor of Cold Revolver: I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

Biki, if you want it hidden, the shoulder, foot and ankle are all easy to hide and the tattoo won't be ruined if you gain/lose weight or muscles like upper arms or hips or legs. There's always tramp stamps, but I can't see you getting one.
<3 life
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Getting tats on feet and ankles is painful as hell, I hear.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Tailtiu wrote:Biki, if you want it hidden, the shoulder, foot and ankle are all easy to hide and the tattoo won't be ruined if you gain/lose weight or muscles like upper arms or hips or legs. There's always tramp stamps, but I can't see you getting one.
Implying that it wouldn't suit her perfectly.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

I love tattoos!!!! I don't have any yet but there are a bunch that I want to get like a portrait of my cat that passed away and a memorial tattoo for my brother (he passed away when I was like 12) and sleeves are awesome! it just depends on who its on like Kat Von D. She is HOTT!
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Athos

Post by Athos »

It seems to be a barbaric thing to do. And Kat Von D is ugly.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Kat Von D is hott! lol but its my opinion so yeah.. I love watching LA Ink.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x