Romance

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.
Athos

Romance

Post by Athos »

Why does it suck? We ALL have an "ideal" type, but then we come face-to-face in reality and thus we adjust our standards.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Dretlin

Re: Romance

Post by Dretlin »

I have avoided romance and desire for a considerable time recently.

I have never thought of an "ideal" type of person. Sorry to hear you, perhaps, had an uncomfortable experience.
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

Athos wrote:Why does it suck? We ALL have an "ideal" type, but then we come face-to-face in reality and thus we adjust our standards.
Because women suck. Men too, but women suck harder. *hug*
<3 life
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Which is why men pay them so much. =p
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Athos wrote:Why does it suck? We ALL have an "ideal" type, but then we come face-to-face in reality and thus we adjust our standards.
This happens to me personally ALOT. Which is immensly frustrating might I add. I'm starting to think romance is the stuff of books, and yes I'm referring to trashy romance novels...and I'm a sucker for those. lol.

The worst is when you're actually with your "ideal" type and you relaize overtime that might not be what you want. Reality sucks.

Personally, I wouldn't want someone to adjust to my standards if they were not already there. And I wouldn't want to change for someone else as well.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

It's because we're impatient....and the question "Eh, why not?" then you find out later the answer to it. >.>
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

You see, here is the thing. Romance novels are really good, they save us, they give us hope, this almost perfect ideal of romance, it works, it's like a balm soothing wounds. Reading and seeing these things gives a bit of hope where there isn't normally.

But at the same time, there is this darkness to it, it gives us this unrealistic view of what we feel is ugly, it poisons our expectations, it's almost a curse, the bane in the existence of real love, which is hard and gritty.

It's not the romance novels or women or men that is to blame, it's the over saturation of so many different things so our expectations are colored. In some ways we need that, but too much of anything is bad. Truthfully people are different, no matter how you shake it, they're going to have troubles. You're going to have relationships and people that treat you incredibly shitty, when you least expect that. But that is not a fault of love or romance, no more than you can blame a rock for hitting you in the head. A rock is a rock, independent of all things someone has to throw a rock for it to hurt.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Seras

Post by Seras »

Romance doesn't always suck, just from time to time and I guess for you, right now it does.
We all have an ideal but how often does one actually find their ideal person? Very rare, especially if you don't have a specific type and the ideal person changes like the wind.
Now that I've settled down a bit, got knowledge of the land and have a routine set up I can finally get back to doing what I wanna do most... Can someone tell me what that is?
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I'm in a great romantic relationship, and I fell about it quite by accident. Wanting it seems to prevent it.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Father Fintan Stack
Rookie Otaku

Post by Father Fintan Stack »

Tailtiu wrote:Because women suck. Men too, but women suck harder. *hug*
Tee hee.
You dirty fecker.
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

Gaming Goddess wrote:I'm in a great romantic relationship, and I fell about it quite by accident. Wanting it seems to prevent it.
This is the case for me I think. The best relationship I was ever in, was with a friend and I wasn't even trying to pursue her but It did and we never got sick of each other and the only reason it ended is because we both decided that we wanted time to leave home and go to different schools and etc. Still, she texts me often, and is one of the few people I dated that I am still really cool with.

Tyche wrote:Which is why men pay them so much. =p
:heh:
I remembered my password.
Mai

Post by Mai »

I gave up a long time ago. It seems unlikely I will ever be drawn to it or anything akin to it as well. At least I still enjoy me.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

nosaj thing wrote:I gave up a long time ago. It seems unlikely I will ever be drawn to it or anything akin to it as well. At least I still enjoy me.
thats the spirit!
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Athos

Post by Athos »

Some of us though are much more social creatures. :-#
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Social?

whuzzat? :twitch:
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Athos

Post by Athos »

Meaning, we like to form close intimate bonds with other people. Guys (mostly) do things as a group, and never by oneself.