New Look

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Look

Post by webmaster »

I hope you like the website's new look. Please let me know if you experience any problems.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Re: New Look

Post by Gaming Goddess »

I had to change it back, it's so heavy graphic wise it slowed down my already slow connection.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

If you try turning off the transparency and the background art, it should run a lot faster:
http://www.absoluteanime.com/admin/config.htm

This design actually uses less code and graphics than the previous design. I think the transparency would be the main cause of the slowdown. I know it brings IE7 to a crawl, so I set IE7 and under to use opaque background areas.
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

What about other browsers like Opera and Mozilla Firefox (I use Firefox)?
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

It worked fine for me testing on IE8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Chrome 5, and Safari 4.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Well Ken, GG's internet is terrible. hahaha

Anyways, I like it, but I'm sticking with the old one.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Something has happened to the classic theme since you added the new theme. The Post's boxes are white now instead of blue, and there is a black outline that wasnt there before on the places where it says "page X of X" and stuff.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

What is it about the previous styles that make you prefer them to the current style? Maintaining multiple themes is time consuming and eventually I would like to stop maintaining them.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I use classic because its what AA has always been. I like having the icons on the left, and knowing where everything is. The simple background, and the lack of excessive graphics. IMO you could just do away will all of them except classic and the newest, so when you have users that enjoy the classic feel, they can keep the classic feel, and when people love to see the newest thing, they can.

For me its the personality of AA itself. changing the way AA looks, for me, would be just as bad as me changing my name or icon. I'm just.. odd like that? Its a value thing.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

Don't like the way the links were changed. I prefer the original way, rather than having to open a new window just to view a profile. Also, the Apture bar is annoying whenever you scroll down. Is there any way to set-up your viewing to that you don't have to contend with it?
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I agree with you on the links, that was definitely an experiment that didn't work. I also agree that the Apture bar showing up whenever the page scrolls is quite annoying, and I've already contacted them to find out if it can be disabled. In the meantime, you can click the double arrows over to the far left of the bar in order to minimize it. Once minimized, it will no longer pop up.
Athos

Post by Athos »

Is it just me, or does the website seem all lagy? I noticed it's been going on/off line at times.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

I was going to make a post but I didn't want to seem newbish >___>

It says the connection slows at random times so the site won't load.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

There seems to be something going on with the server, as just today all four CPUs were maxing out. This has nothing to do with the new design of the website, however. Gary is looking into it, so hopefully we'll be getting a new post in the Site Status thread explaining what was going on and what wizard powers he used to fix it.