The First RP!

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

The First RP!

Post by Imdabipolarbear »

Lets start off with a generic high school RP.....and lets go with a power/no power mix, meaning you can have some kind of special power, such as fire, ice, flying, shapshifting, whatever kind of power you can imagine. All I ask is you dont say you have the Force or some all mighty pre made power like that. Telekinetic powers, fine. The Force? No.

The other option is to be a person with no powers, however you have physical abilities bordering on the supernatural.

There are two schools. The school to train the kids who have powers.

The other school strongly dislikes the people with powers and well, are kinda like bigots about them.

So yeah....I hope thats not confusing and if it is, let me know and I will try to explain it.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Power(if part of the Power School)
Appearance
Bio:

If I left something out of the character sheet that you think needs to be added, just add it to your own. Also, while I will not post my character(s?) now, I will post them(?) later.....I have other things that I need to take care of now.
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Re: The First RP!

Post by Tyche »

I have a question first, about the "physical abilities bordering on supernatural". Do you mean the non super powered people are things like vampires, fairies, elves, angels, etc?
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Yeah. Any race can have powers, just as any race can not have powers. However, if we go by the usual vampire lore, vamps have the whole hypnotism thing, which is pretty powerful depending on who uses it and how its used. Fairies usually have some kind of strong magical gift according to the usual lore....

However, feel free to rewrite that as you see fit as long as you no god-mod.

I should have specified that the physical abilities are just upgraded strength, speed, reflexes and the like. According to this worlds history, humans, elves, and dwarves got into a huge war. Half discovered they had strange abilities and the other half got jealous. So they did the only logical thing and used mystical forces they didnt understand to upgrade their physical abilities so they could fight and kill the people with powers.

In todays time, there is a treaty, but its pretty much a verbal treaty, so it could be broken at any time. Things are not stable between the 2 groups, one half breeding themselves to be ready to fight anytime, learning weaknesses the other side has.
The side with powers though, they are just trying to control their powers so they dont accidentally hurt someone and kill them.

There are people on both sides looking to fight and kill off the other half, just as there are people on both sides who just want peace. Do with it as you wish.

Any other questions Tyche? I hope that helped.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I think I've got it for now. If my character needs any changes, let me know.

Name: "Fritz" (Named Amy Fitzgerald by her adoptive family)
Race: Half-elf? (her parents abandoned her before she can remember, but her longish ears and angular face leads one to believe she's at least part elf.)
School: Power school
Power: Shape-shifting, currently uncontrolled. Changes into a partly humanoid feral cat when she's in distress.
Appearance: 5'8", 120lbs. Chestnut brown hair that falls to her shoulder blades when she doesn't have it up. Green-grey eyes.
Bio: The infant Fritz, abandoned by her parents, wandered confused and disoriented in her cat form. A couple, seeing the distressed kitten, rescued her. Much to their surprise, they woke the next morning to find that the kitten they had rescued had transformed into an infant girl. They took her in and raised her as their own.

Though her parents are people without special abilities, they still grew to love Fritz, enough so to change their stance on the whole conflict. Before they adopted Fritz, they honed their physical abilities against the treat of those with powers, but seeing the little girl, they learned that not all those with powers want to use them to gain the upper hand.

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Nice. I approve. And everything seems right. I'm glad I was able to clear things up.

Name: Jack
School: Power
Power: Plant Control/Manipulation
Appearance: http://s297.photobucket.com/user/the_br ... ort=3&o=19 He stands about 6ft tall and looks to be about 170ish pounds.
Bio: Orphaned as a child, he was adopted by a florist who taught him everything he knows about plants. Growing up, he used to hear voices, and thought he was crazy. Later he discovered that he was "hearing" the plants. it turned out he could talk and control plants as he grew older and got more control over his power. Thanks to being adopted by a florist, he learned how to manipulate plants at will, making the plants bloom at will straight from a seed. He has been in the school from about age 13, so he has been able to get further control over his powers.
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Name: Rozac
School: Physical
Appearance: http://s297.photobucket.com/user/the_br ... ort=3&o=21
Bio: Pretty much raised to be the prime candidate to be the next generation leader of the Blue-Bloods, a group made to keep the "freaks" from screwing up the genetic pool. Rozac has been questioning his upbringing. He is very confused and has fits of going from hating the Powers to defending them.
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

(Since no one else is joining at the moment, we will go ahead and get started and anyone else who wants to join can)

Why do we hate them? This one thought passed through his mind as he stood there

The crowd of people sitting in the bleaches sat quietly waiting for him to make his speech. He didnt know what to say. He was supposed to rally them to their cause. How was he going to make them follow him. He had been told it was his destiny. It was what he was meant to do. He sighed. "Today, my brothers and sisters, we are here to discuss -"

There was an explosion above his head. Rubble falling ever where, some of it seemingly aimed for Rozac himself. Using the physical abilities he had been trained to have since birth, he was able to easily move out of the way. The crowd started to panic and there seemed to be news reporters every where. Rozac looked around confused, not really knowing what was going on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was eating breakfast, watching the news when the news bulletin hit. According to the news, someone a burst-type power was used to ruin a peaceful gathering of non-powered folk worried about their kids.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Fritz woke late, as usual. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she stood to leave her room. The smell of coffee was in the air, and she could hear the soft drone of the TV as she made her way to the kitchen and living area. Mom and dad were talking in not-so-hushed voices as she made her way down the hall.

"Again?" Her mother, her voice a shrill whisper. Though the woman tried, she simply couldn't keep her voice down. Effects of her life-long physical training. She could scream and sing so loudly that she could shatter glass and even destroy concrete walls. She could use her booming voice to cause people to stumble, fall, or even be blown backward some way. "Won't those people ever stop tormenting us?"

Fritz reached the end of the hall and looked at her parents. Her mother quickly flipped off the TV, from which Fritz had seen a momentary glance of a news shot of an explosion. "What's going on?" Fritz asked.

"Nothing, dear," her mother replied with a somewhat forced smile. Her father hastily started reading the newspaper, clearly not willing to give her an explanation either. "I made breakfast. Take your time, I'll drive you to school today."

At this Fritz raised an eyebrow. It wasn't often that mother offered her a ride to school. But she really didn't want to rush out to the bus that would arrive in ten minutes, so she didn't say a word.
Plus, mom had made banana creme muffins, and Fritz wanted to savor every bite.

Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

(feel free to make up nick-names for people with a general group of powers, like i did with calling people with explosive powers "Burst-types")

Rozac was pissed. Lately, every gathering had been interrupted by one of them. Now he remembered why he hated them. They always were starting something and trying to prevent the regular folks from defending themselves. They always started the fights. Well, he was gonna end this fight. He stood up and started looking around for whoever did this. cked He searched the crowd, scanning each face. Each one was panicked. No one was calm. No one he could see seemed to be the cause of the explosion. He looked around and saw his father, the Leader, coming to him. Rozac saw something in the rubble out the corner of his eye and started digging through it. He found an odd wire and pocketed it. He would examine it later. His father grabbed him and started yelling at him. "Why the hell were you just standing there staring at the falling rubble!? You could have been killed. If you are killed, what is going to happen to the future of the group? Nevermind that now....now that its been ruined, you might as well go to school.....I still cant believe they put the schools right next to each other. "

Rozac sighed and followed his father. He just nodded silently and got in the car right out side the building. Because of his father, he didnt even need to talk to the police or anyone about what happened. He got in the car and noticed his fathers work laptop in the backseat. That seemed odd, but he was thinking about other things. He didnt even pay attention to his fathers lecture as he was being driven to the school.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack only shook his head at the news. He turned off the TV and attended to some of his favorite plants, before heading out the door to go to school. He walked to school since he didnt live that far away. As he was walking, he checked the pouches on his belt, checking to make sure each of his seeds were in there. He got good at avoiding the people who might jump him on the way to school. He got to the front of his school without incident again.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Mother seemed anxious as they approached the school. Her hands were tight on the wheel, and her eyes where scanning the crowd of students. She leaned over to her daughter, and planted a distracted kiss on her cheek. "Be careful today, dear. If anything happens, call me and I'll be back to pick you up."

Again, very odd, but Fritz chalked it up to over-protective mom. "Alright, mom, I think I'll be fine."

She got out of the car, and headed toward the school. The air seemed to buzz with tension, much more so than normal. Fritz, who had become quite confident in her years studying here, was starting to feel quite anxious. The hair on the back of her neck began to stand on end... her pupils narrowing to slits...

She took a deep breath and cleared her mind. Whatever the tension was, it wouldn't help her to return to that feral state anymore.

At that moment, she caught a glance of a boy out of the corner of her eye. It was Jack. Though she and Jack weren't really friends, both seemed accepting of the other, conversing politely and working well together when put in a group. Not to mention, his usually calm demeanor made it easier for Fritz to keep herself under control when in his presence.

She walked over to him, her approach a little timid. "Hey, Jack," she said. "Do you have any idea what's going on, why everyone is so tense this morning?"

Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Jack sighed and waved at Fritz's mother as she pulled away. Though not really too friendly himself, Fritz was probably the only person in the school who knew him the best, if only through the work they did in school. "Well, you would no doubt hear about it later anyways. The other school was having a rally when something exploded. The news said it appeared to be a burst-type who did it. And the main speaker of the rally was the student council president and the son of the 'Leader,' that Rozac fella. Such a weird name, but whatever. But the news and everyone on the other side is accusing one of us, and calling for blood, like usual. Of course, no one here knows anything about it, but since the big mans son was in danger, people think they might attack for real this time. I think we need to watch out for an attack from the school behind us, not the adults. But then again, who would listen to a kid like me?" Jack gave Fritz time to process everything he said. "Come on, we dont wanna be late."
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Fritz looked over to the other school. She knew about the animosity between the two groups, but she could never really comprehend it. Why did there have to be fighting? Couldn't both sides understand that they were essentially the same?

"Yeah... I've still got to get to my locker. See you later."

She headed into the school, lost to her thoughts.

-----------------------

How delightful~ Everything was unfolding exactly as planned. Laurilei's lip curled in a cruel smile, revealing the tips of her fangs.

Soon, the mortal groups would be at war. She and her brethren would feast on the weakened victors.

Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

John drove to the meeting point. Everything so far was going according to Laura's plan. She hated when he called her that, but she wasnt going to kill him over it no matter how much she threatened. He knew she was a little fond of him, so he could get away with it. He pulled up and got out of his car. He knew to wait for her here so they could discuss the plan further.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rozac was in school, trying to avoid glances in class. He pulled out the object in his pocket and examined in during class. He could see it was a wire, and not one that was supposed to be there. It seemed familiar, but he couldnt place it. He could hear people talking about attacking the other school to get back at them, but he didnt really care either way. He was going to focus on figuring out where this wire came from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack walked in the school behind Fritz. He followed her to her locker since his locker was close by. As he walked by her, he noticed that she seemed unusually he suddenly said something very unusual for him. "If anything goes down, dont hesitate to call on me." He couldnt figure out why he said that, so he followed it up with "But you dont have to....." He muttered something else, then shut up and continued to his locker. He was gonna have to act like that didnt happen.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Laurilei approached the waiting vehicle, and headed around to the passenger side where she let herself in, and took a seat. She closed the door before speaking.

"Does he suspect anything?" She asked, not looking at him, and instead continuing to survey the school ground. She didn't have to tell John who she meant by he. "You are truly evil, risking your own son for a little power." Her voice hinted that this was not unpleasant.

--------------------------------------------

"O-oh, uh, okay." This was all extremely unusual, but she tried not to make it too awkward. "Well, thanks. Same to you. Seems today might be a pretty interesting day." A bell rang its warning. Fritz leaped comically at the sound. "Eep! I can't be late to class again!" She made a mad dash down the hall.

Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

((sorry, give me a few days...just got fired and im stressing too much to RP at the moment.....a few days to rest should do me some good...im also gonna be looking for a new job hardcore the next few days as well...again....sorry))
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

((no problem, good luck with the search!))