Advice/I just need someone to talk to thread.

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Advice/I just need someone to talk to thread.

Post by Tyche »

I made this in response to Iambipolar's recent post in the Daily Mood Thread, but anyone and everyone can and should feel free to spill their guts here. Give as much information about what you're going through as you need, so those of us here can offer some friendly advice, offer our sympathies. You can even write here if only to get it off your chest.

If you only want to get it off your chest and want no advice, please mention so at the top. If you want sympathy and no advice, again, mention that. If you post here with nothing at the top, people will interpret it as they will, and I personally would interpret it as the poster wanting advice.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Re: Advice/I just need someone to talk to thread.

Post by Imdabipolarbear »

Tyche, thank you so much...I really owe everyone here and I know it looks like I'm a attention whore...or so ive been told....just getting out there in the daily mood thread helped calm me down a lot...and I know you guys and trust you guys because you are my family....and I didnt need the people that i live with worrying about me even more....

Sorry for worrying everyone....I just feel like I can relax here because this is home...I really dont know what I would do without you guys....the stress is just building up and its super [censored] difficult to deal with certain things right now and as one bad thing happens, everything else just pops up and adds on to it. Even if I disappear for a while, I will always come back here because this is home......at this point, if anyone wants to ask, I'll post it here....im not sure anyone on here knows about my own personal suicide attempt back in 8th grade and i did have some of those thoughts returning...but talking it out on the daily mood thread help them go away.....again, I'm sorry to have worried everyone...i'm actually crying because I'm glad to know I do have some family out there looking out for me.
The Brown-Eyed Boy is who I be. And I'm still as twisted as ever.
That's Mr. Jewfro to you buddy!
Thank you Tyche for my very awesome avatar.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Any time friend. Always feel free to get it out on here. Heck, if you need to, you can even send some stuff my way in a PM if it's really private. I'll read each word, and even bounce some of my positive energy back at you.

I think that's all you really need. You need some positive back in your life. You need some "yes!" and less of whatever's dragging you back down.

So to you, I say a loud and resounding YES!. I have confidence that you'll find yourself another job. I have confidence that you'll do well in it, that your coworkers and bosses will love you. I have confidence that you'll get over this rut you're in, that you'll break through and be a stronger man than you were before.

Remember that life is what you make it. If you keep letting yourself get swept up in negativity, your life will be negative. If you can laugh in the face of adversity, be strong and valiant and bold, your life will have you looking up. Even in the darkest of times, the stars will be your light.

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Not going to lie, looking for sympathy without advice.

My best friend's dad, and one of my other fathers (I have three.), was taken off life support today and it hurts even more than I ever thought it could. And my heart bleeds for her, her mom, his girlfriend, and the entire family.

I know time will make it easier, and I think that'll start with the memorial service.
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

My sympathies to you and your friend.

Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

I'm so sorry Nyxie....You have all my sympathies and good thoughts coming your way
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

Thanks. It means a lot to me.
Everything is an adventure. Good adventure, bad adventure, it's all adventures. Don't ever turn down anything that might sound even remotely adventurous.
Imdabipolarbear
Master Otaku

Nyxie, we go back...I just wish I could actually be there to help try to cheer you up
Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

So, this is definitely an advice needed moment. I have a job as a private duty nurse. It sucks harder than a cheap hooker. I went to a job fair where I accidentally talked to another private duty company, who also wants to talk to me/hire me and start me on cases. I don't know if I want a new private duty job, because, well, I'm miserable at my current one. But I need something. Anything. Because aaaaugh. I can't. It's a huge stresser in my life and auuuughhhh.

Tl:dr. Should I take a similar job to my current awful job?
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Well, aren't each of your cases highly individual? If I recall, there were some cases that you actually liked. Maybe give it a go, if you hate it, try to look for anything new.

Naruko
Master Otaku

Post by Naruko »

They are, but it's not exactly that I hate the cases, I hate the company and I hate the system. I'm looking for other work, but it's very hard to break out of private duty.