Introduction and anime favorites!

After the 2013 database crash, most new topics were created in a single forum. This is that forum.
Wahahanihongo
Baka Otaku

Introduction and anime favorites!

Post by Wahahanihongo »

Hello Everyone. A short introduction.
My name is Nikolay, I'm currently living in Japan for over a year, even found a great job where I'm working in as a student consultant which is called Wahaha Japanese school(Yep that is actually it's name http://wahahanihongo.com). we get students here from everywhere around the world which means we can talk about tons of different kinds of anime. However I have been hearing the same old anime that people like. Nothing bad about it but after watching so many I thought I'll get new perspective from them Sad

Anyway, I would like you guys to help me find some new awesome anime
My list is(no particular order).

1. Guardian of the sacred spirit - one of the best animation I have seen in anime, the story is great also.
2. Berserk - Best story until today!
3. Attack on Titan - obvious reasons.
4. FLCL - Best "Random" anime ever. the animation is awesome as well.
5. Ghost in the shell(Mainly the 1st movie) - One of the best animation, story, that one made you think!
6. Seto no Hanayome - funniest comedy by far!
7. Death note - ye ye had to put it here, good story, but mainly because that is one of the only anime(code geass also) that the main guy is an ass!
8. FMA(Brotherhood also) - this is what made me watch anime so its a must in this list.
good story, funny, smart, just an overall well made anime.
9. most of Ghibli - awesome films, nothing more is needed to add.
10. Baby steps - As someone who plays tennis, I must say this show is perfect. Shows what determination can make you achieve.

Well, I probably got other ones but these are the ones that had the biggest impact on me.
Let me know what kind of Anime impacted you!
toriko
Baka Otaku

Re: Introduction and anime favorites!

Post by toriko »

Do we just chime in with what anime we watch? I watched all of Yu Yu Hakusho last summer because I remember watching it as a tween when it was on CN... It's really good. Better than DB(Z) imo. I watch Gintama and Ore Monogatari (My Love Story) as well. I think that's really it for me though. I watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Neon Genesis Evangelion as well but they aren't in my favorites by a long shot. OH! Have you watched the original Saint Seiya anime? I love it. It's soooo good. Kinda slow at times but I think it's iconic.
meet me in the pit
Wahahanihongo
Baka Otaku

Re: Introduction and anime favorites!

Post by Wahahanihongo »

Wow, I see you like watching the old kind.
I sometimes have trouble with the old anime. the best I managed was Major, but that's because the story was really well made and except the character design, it was good.

anyone else with any recommendations?