How To Become A Moderator

Talk about the website, offer suggestions, express opinions, and get help with understanding and using the forums.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Want to become a moderator? Well then, read on for the procedure you must go through in order to achive this life-long goal of yours. But first, there are some things you should know before deciding if you really want to be a moderator or not.

1. To qualify, you must be at least 16 years old and must have been an active registered member for at least 6 months before applying to be a moderator.

2. Moderating takes time and effort. It's not fun and games.

3. Moderators have less freedom in posting, as they must be extra kind and respectful to people in order to set good examples, even when dealing with jerks and stupid people.

4. Moderators cannot delete threads or posts. Only I can do that. They can, however, move threads and posts into a special forum that normal members and guests do not have access to.

If you still want to do it and are qualified, then start a new thread in Moderator Applications titled "My Moderator Application: ", followed by your username. In it, you should try to convince people why you would make a good moderator. It must include a poll titled "Would I make a good moderator?" and three poll options: "Yes, you would", "No, you wouldn't", and "No Opinion". Do not include the quotation marks. The post should also use the Question Mark for the Message Icon.

I will check the forum occasionally and whenever I think we really need to add a new mod. I will read over the threads, starting with the ones that have the most posts. So yes, getting replies to your post in addition to getting votes is important. This is also a good test of how well you can follow directions, so make sure you read this again very carefully before you just go off and start posting!

:!: Be forewarned! Once you create an application, people will almost surly start criticizing you. If you cannot take criticism well, then you should not apply! And remember, you can ask a moderator to lock your application at any time if you no longer wish to apply.
Last edited by webmaster on Jun 05, 2007 10:47am, edited 15 times in total.
josh
Absolute Otaku

re: How To Become A Moderator

Post by josh »

1 reason you may consider having another mod or 2 might be the fact that 4 of your current moderators aren't very active.

And a suggestion to you is to create some really basic rules. - that will probably reduce the amount of moderators you need - and their work :P :D

My Billy doesn't seem to be doing well :cry: lol
But he got some really good comments from the guests! :D

You do know Billy don't you?

edit!: here is a good example - [EXAMPLE]

lol annoying, it's happened so many times I can guess what people will do and say. I mean.......apart from the fact that.......that's one of the biggest spoilers!
I tried... :cry: and failed...
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Ender
Uber Otaku

Post by Ender »

I didn't know i wasn't active. Is logging on every 2 hours not active enough. :(
Happy holidays
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

lol Read it again Ender.

"1 reason you may consider having another mod or 2 might be the fact that 4 of your current moderators aren't very active."

We have Noodles, Blue, Krystal Night, and Sakura Sagara.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

I havent seen Blue in a while.....she has her own site now.....
Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

Blue can't come online at this point in time.
But soon she will be back!
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

.............and shes back.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Yamiko~
Visitor

Post by ~Yamiko~ »

Hmmm..........was there som thing else here before? Yes. I deleted my former message and put this one here!! Mwahahaha!!!!
Last edited by ~Yamiko~ on Apr 21, 2005 10:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

[edited, so other people can't steal these reasons and arguments]

I see it's already deleted, thanks
Last edited by Sanger Zomvolt on Apr 22, 2005 8:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Trigun Forever
Uber Otaku

Post by Trigun Forever »

[edited, so other people can't steal these reasons and arguments]

<boy, I said a mouthful :lol: >
And as I live, there is no evil that will stand
And I will finish, what was started
The fight of Protoman!
Kyle Bloodheart
Visitor

Post by Kyle Bloodheart »

Aren't you all suppose to PM the webmaster, instead of leaving posts about yourselves? By posting, instead of PMing, you are allowing someone, who doesn't deserve to be a moderator or someone who can't think up a reason, to steal your reasons. Soon, everyone will be saying the same thing, and it will become difficult to tell each person apart.
Trigun Forever
Uber Otaku

Post by Trigun Forever »

wow. :shock:
you've got a point there, kyle.
The fight of Protoman!
Trigun Forever
Uber Otaku

Post by Trigun Forever »

BTW-I just pm-ed my app. to the webmaster.
thanks kyle! :D :D
The fight of Protoman!
Blue Destiny Of Dartz
Visitor

Post by Blue Destiny Of Dartz »

I need to say this Since I left and I have come back, Im starting again, and thanks to the help of bushiehunter, I think I might have a small chance
Ayame's Lady
Visitor

Post by Ayame's Lady »

BishieHunter sweety =P

I think it may help as well if you have past experience as being a good moderator on other forums. Maybe you could provide links to forums where you are currently moderating at, to see what your skills are like.
Just a suggestion.

Remember, if you want to be a moderator as well, I think all applicants would have to stay away from the evil spam :shock:
Blue Destiny Of Dartz
Visitor

Re: re: How To Become A Moderator

Post by Blue Destiny Of Dartz »

BishieHunter wrote:BishieHunter sweety =P

I think it may help as well if you have past experience as being a good moderator on other forums. Maybe you could provide links to forums where you are currently moderating at, to see what your skills are like.
Just a suggestion.

Remember, if you want to be a moderator as well, I think all applicants would have to stay away from the evil spam :shock:
You should Pm webmaster