How to RP properly!

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
Dark Mage Of Destiny
Visitor

re: How to RP properly!

Post by Dark Mage Of Destiny »

Um Mai....I didnt say any names....
Mai

Re: re: How to RP properly!

Post by Mai »

Marius wrote:Um Mai....I didnt say any names....
never said you did. I was simply stating that i do do more than lock threads.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Dark Mage Of Destiny
Visitor

Lets just forget this and not ruin this faq thread with spam. If you want to say anything else just PM instead.
J.Kudo
Visitor

Post by J.Kudo »

another point... RPing is for more intersting if you create a character YOU care about, it's not as interesting saying "Cahracter: Me, Appearance: Avitar" tahn it is to create a differetn person that you are attached to, and cstick to it. (I RP both online and in other RPG systems Such as the Prisim system, and the D20 systems.
(Prisim is such a heavily RP based system it's taking up a 4" binder for jsut the basic rules on skills etc, so that they are broad enough for eavery achitype, then there's 20 pages of possible quirks, 20 more on abilites, and a system of how to balance it all out, and create your own, to meet player's needs, I could post a character sheet from it but the jist is it ahs a whole page jsut for appearance/backsotry/personality/other info, and suggests more.)

And I msut say that it is infinately mroe rewarding, if not time consuming, to develop a cahracter with room to grow and change, you don't watch a movie and becoem pleased if the story ends up not gettign anywhere, if it is it's like the dubbed pokemon, where as a detailed interesting character concept creates somethign like Fullmetal alchemist or Trigun (Those tharacters took a bit longer than 4 seconds to design).

You don't have to be a great writer, bu still, hoving some knowlegde of your character's past and modivations are better than nothing.

Name: J.Kudo
Apperance: Avitar
History: ---

Versus.

Name: Bathure Kamatresh
Appearance: Green eyes, light skin, and crimson red hair. Wears a violet kimono, and is always carrying a sword, has a scar on his cheek shaped like a cross and hias a fearsome peronality. He refeuses to quit even when the situation is impossible, and he draws his strength from his indomidable will.
((Kenshin Spoilers))
Spoiler
Show
History:
As a child Bathure was abducted into slavery and after a tiem his family was killed, he however escaped, and was addopted by a powerful swordsman. This swordsman taught him how to fight and how to live a fruitful life, however Bathure left before his traing was complete to fight in a revolution against an opressive government. He after the war took a vow to never kill again, and protect others as rpentance for his cimes during the war.
(These are basicaly the same profile but there's a big difference on impact wouldn't you say?)

So think a bit before you post a profile, it makes a world of difference if you have a good idea of how your character acts and why they act taht way, plus it allows room for change, which eveolves stroy and emotional connection (This is good).
Dark Mage Of Destiny
Visitor

=D> Great work, great work....fix the spelling and i will add it to the faq!
Draygon
Master Otaku

Post by Draygon »

#-o
being hated and cared is a answer to life its self... with out dark... with out
light... with out each other...we would have not been born...

http://www.midishack.net/ffmidi/ff1chaos.mid
J.Kudo
Visitor

Post by J.Kudo »

Another point... RPing is for more interesting if you create a character YOU care about, it's not as interesting saying "Character: Me, Appearance: Avatar" than it is to create a different person that you are attached to, and stick to it. (I RP both online and in other RPG systems Such as the Prism system, and the D20 systems.
(Prism is such a heavily RP based system it's taking up a 4" binder for just the basic rules on skills etc, so that they are broad enough for every archetype, then there's 20 pages of possible quirks, 20 more on abilities, and a system of how to balance it all out, and create your own, to meet player's needs, I could post a character sheet from it but the just is it ahs a whole page just for appearance/ back-story/ personality/ other info, and suggests more.(It’s also my favorite Pen & Paper RP system)

And I must say that it is infinitely more rewarding, if not time consuming, to develop a character with room to grow and change, you don't watch a movie and become pleased if the story ends up not getting anywhere, if it is it's like the dubbed pokemon, where as a detailed interesting character concept creates something like Fullmetal alchemist or Trigun (Those characters took a bit longer than 4 seconds to design).

You don't have to be a great writer, but still, having some knowledge of your character's past and motivations are better than nothing.

Name: J.Kudo
Appearance: Avatar
History: ---

Versus.

Name: Bathure Kamatresh
Appearance: Green eyes, light skin, and crimson red hair. Wears a violet kimono, and is always carrying a sword, has a scar on his cheek shaped like a cross and hias a fearsome personality. He refuses to quit even when the situation is impossible, and he draws his strength from his indomitable will.
((Kenshin Spoilers))
Spoiler
Show
History: As a child Bathure was abducted into slavery and after a time his family was killed, he however escaped, and was adopted by a powerful swordsman. This swordsman taught him how to fight and how to live a fruitful life, however Bathure left before his training was complete to fight in a revolution against an oppressive government. He after the war took a vow to never kill again, and protect others as repentance for his crimes during the war.
(These are basically the same profile but there's a big difference on impact wouldn't you say?)

So think a bit before you post a profile, it makes a world of difference if you have a good idea of how your character acts and why they act that way, plus it allows room for change, which evolves story and emotional connection (This is good).
Sakura Sagara
Visitor

Post by Sakura Sagara »

I'll have to add something...

((This also means OOC, too. Just verifying that. :3))
Dark Mage Of Destiny
Visitor

thanks for that :mrgreen:
RedGenesis
Visitor

Post by RedGenesis »

your welcome even though I had no part in it
RedGenesis
Visitor

Post by RedGenesis »

Hey what were we talking about?
purple_flamingo
Master Otaku

Post by purple_flamingo »

question for anybody who care to answer

what does RPG stand for cus im in the dark on that one?
if you are a faerie male come take me away to your world of fantasy and enchanment

bikutoria-chan
Knight in Dark Armour
Visitor

Post by Knight in Dark Armour »

Well I can answer your question since this is orignialy my topic :P

RPG is Role Playing Game...but some people mix RPG with what we do on forums...Here on forums we just RP. Which would mean Role Play. We role play a story set by someone with our own made characters. If you need some examples just look into some RPs.
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

I have a small suggestion. Wouldn't it be better if you had a dedicated thread for profiles? That way the interested people could at them without adding unessasary items to the RP... The person making the pro could just put what Rp they're in at the top or bottom...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
purple_flamingo
Master Otaku

Post by purple_flamingo »

Ohhhhh Role Playing Game
Thats cool
if you are a faerie male come take me away to your world of fantasy and enchanment

bikutoria-chan
KazeMizu_Kit_Pup
Visitor

Post by KazeMizu_Kit_Pup »

What happened to everyone's Literatacy?!

In the Roleplaying that I have seen while I've been on this site, is in serious need of some sentence structure and other things. The worst thing out of all of those missing things is that almost everyone uses *'s!

Could someone please tell me why the Literatacy of the Roleplaying here is so bad.... (No ofense to those who Rp like that...)

From a worried Nogetsune.....