Game of the day.

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Game of the day.

Post by Cold Revolver »

Ziffie-Link wrote:Golden Sun 8)
Pros:Great Graphics,great Gamplay and Music :mrgreen:
Con:Monsters everywhere 8-[ Oh and I'm lost

The Golden Sun games are awsome, I beat both games and realy enjoyed them.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

re: Game of the day.

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

Dynasty Warriors 5

pros:
50+ characters that were in Romance of the three kingdoms
3 main factions
based of history and a book "romance of the three kigdoms"
great gameplay
good graphics considering there using hundreds of units at the same time

cons:
- multiplayer can get lagy
- once you got the characters you want it get boring
- very repetative

i give it a 8/10

for being good for the first month of play
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

My game of the day is.. Harvest Moon: Friends of mineral town (More). I borrowed it off my friend and he says its a good game so im going to try it out, hopefully its better than the older one's.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3

Pros:
-An enjoyable turn based strategy game
-Has an excellent script and storyline
-has units from over a dozen anime series, including Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta Gundam, Gundam Char's Counterattack, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (bleh), Gundam Seed (bleh), GaoGaiGer Final, Evangelion ( :sick: ), Space Runaway Ideon, Voltes V, Combattler V, Mazinger Z, Gaiking, Dancougar, Macross, Virtual On, and...(need I say more?)
-beautifully animated clips of every mech doing their respective attacks.

Cons:
-Why'd they take out the RahXephon? It was one of the best mechs in Super Robot Wars MX, why remove it?
-A bit difficult
-No English! It took me about a month to memorize all the magic spells, commands and attacks when I first started playing the series. Thankfully, this game still runs on the same engine, so all the commands are carried over
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

<Mobile_Turn_X> wrote:Super Robot Wars Alpha 3

Pros:
-An enjoyable turn based strategy game
-Has an excellent script and storyline
-has units from over a dozen anime series, including Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta Gundam, Gundam Char's Counterattack, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (bleh), Gundam Seed (bleh), GaoGaiGer Final, Evangelion ( :sick: ), Space Runaway Ideon, Voltes V, Combattler V, Mazinger Z, Gaiking, Dancougar, Macross, Virtual On, and...(need I say more?)
-beautifully animated clips of every mech doing their respective attacks.

Cons:
-Why'd they take out the RahXephon? It was one of the best mechs in Super Robot Wars MX, why remove it?
-A bit difficult
-No English! It took me about a month to memorize all the magic spells, commands and attacks when I first started playing the series. Thankfully, this game still runs on the same engine, so all the commands are carried over

For what system is this game for? Or is it a Rom of some sort?
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

SRW Alpha 3 is for PS2, but they also have SRW games for NES, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBA, GC. I'm sure you can find roms for this series (GBA, NES, SNES) somewhere online

Here are the games from the series
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.ht ... en&x=0&y=0

There's also a SRW Original Generation 3 episode OVA that is about the SRW original characters and their mecha
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

<Mobile_Turn_X> wrote:SRW Alpha 3 is for PS2, but they also have SRW games for NES, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBA, GC. I'm sure you can find roms for this series (GBA, NES, SNES) somewhere online

Here are the games from the series
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.ht ... en&x=0&y=0

There's also a SRW Original Generation 3 episode OVA that is about the SRW original characters and their mecha

Sounds good man.

My game of the day would have to be Final Fantasy Dawn Of Souls.. This game is highly addictive and fun to play with your gba sp. I also picked up a copy of Harvest Moon: More friends of mineral town, it is a good game to say the least.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

My game of the day is Guilty Gear X2...

Pros:
~Totally rocking soundtrack(Castvania SOTN still is
king though!)

~Bad-ass characters(one name.... Testament!)

~Eyeball melting special moves.

~Lot of game modes...

~TESTAMENT!!!!
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

Shinobi for PS2

Pros:
-Excellent controls and cool level design make for a gripping game.
-THe ninja style hack em and slash em ganeplay is badass and addicitive. YOU CAN FRICKIN RUN ON WALLS AND ASSASSINATE DEMONS! FLIPPIN SWEET!
-Boss fights are cool and challenging

Cons:
-THe game gets INCREDIBLY hard and is a little short.
-The akujiki system grew troublesome
-Try to beat the game on last difficulty. Its like World War III with BUsh badly commani=ding troops. SUPER HARD!

An awesome game, but it gets really difficult. Not as hard as DMC3 tho!
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Sounds good man, I never actualy played it but I have played Ninja Gaiden for X-BOX and that game rocks.. I sugest you pick it up and try it.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Oddworld: strangers wrath.

PROS: odd, trippy, cool ammo, great gameplay
CONS: too fricken hard.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Ziffie-Rinku
Visitor

Post by Ziffie-Rinku »

Rahxephon wrote:My game of the day is.. Harvest Moon: Friends of mineral town (More). I borrowed it off my friend and he says its a good game so im going to try it out, hopefully its better than the older one's.
:twitch: Aww thats what I was gonna say today Rahxephon its the one with the girl as the main character?
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Ziffie-Link wrote:
Rahxephon wrote:My game of the day is.. Harvest Moon: Friends of mineral town (More). I borrowed it off my friend and he says its a good game so im going to try it out, hopefully its better than the older one's.
:twitch: Aww thats what I was gonna say today Rahxephon its the one with the girl as the main character?

Yeah so far it is a fun game, I never liked the way how the time goes by sooo fast Pisses me off,, :D
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

Post by kukutaru_ookami »

Jak 2
The game is a pretty...fair one not the best I;ve played however. While I did enjoy the guns and it really satisfed my urge to shoot stuff. Also there were some nice expolisns from the cars or whatever they were...but first lets talk plot. The plot is just...well lets face it odd at best of times. Appearntly Jack has been shot through some like time machine or something along with Kira and Samus and of course everyone's favriote sidekick: Daxter! Noiw appearntly Jak is kidnapped by some all powerful person Dax then frees him. For the last 2 years Jak has been tourted and exprimented on(wow Daxter sure took his sweet time) When Jak is resuced he starts doing jobs for random people kinda reminds me of fabel(without the good and evil person reward)To bad I hated Fabel!!!! I stopped playing the game for a...oh right YEAR!!! I got so fed up with a mission, and there are a lot of these missions were you just want to shut the system off and not play for a few months or even a year. The graphics were ok and the story line was medicore. You dont really get a sense of whats going on until like the last 15 minuets of the game. The final boss was just to tedious and talking about tediousity I found myself killing the same thing like 12 times because you will more than likely die 8 or 9 times from falling to you're death. I also didnt like the parts were they ripped off crash bandicoot were the camera angle gets inconvient and you cant change it. half the time you had no idea what you were doing. and there are invisable walls. You HAD to do all the missions to complete the game which kinda ruins the effect of a mission driven game.

pros:
guns
some decent explosions
and some fair graphics

cons:
The game wasnt always respinsive
is a misson driven game without any chose of mission
tedious
confussing missons

I give it a 6/10 if its this game or save the money do yourself a favor and save the money I really dont reccomend this game
For NaruHina fans (AU): http://viridian.fanficauthors.net/Team_8/index.php
"Kakkou dakenara sayonara koi jyanaideshou?"
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

I already have and beaten Ninja Gaiden. On highest difficulty. Yeah, I'm into those really difficult action games that has you mashing the buttons and cursing your controller. Those kind of games rock man!
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Ichigo
Visitor

Post by Ichigo »

Battlefront:Sweet Star wars game no need for words it too good to describe so just buy it!! :mrgreen:

Pros:Explsions,Tank and starship battles,Cool ground soldier controls,sweet soldiers too select and awesome extras.
Cons:Graphics are a bit crappy and u cant kill bonu s characters with cannons,guns,grenades only running them over or sending them off a cliff.

game of the day!! :mrgreen: