Transmutation Circles

rohanassassin201
Visitor

Transmutation Circles

Post by rohanassassin201 »

I've only seen what has been on Adult Swim, but is it ever explained why Ed is the only one i've seen so far that doesnt need a circle to transmute? Please, tell me why??
Leaf v.3
Uber Otaku

re: Transmutation Circles

Post by Leaf v.3 »

its b/c he has seen the gate.. he saw it when they transmutated their mother... others, who you will meet later in the series, can also use alchemy without transmutation circles.. b/c they too have tried human transmutation and failed..

lmfao.. the way i put it was kinda confusing.. if you think it was confusing then just tell me so.. and ill explain it better.. hehe :roll:
rohanassassin201
Visitor

aright, so what ur saying is he can do it b/c he tried to transmute his mom bac to life, but of course he failed. He saw a, gate? so why didnt his little bro get the same ability?
Leaf v.3
Uber Otaku

Post by Leaf v.3 »

b/c Al didnt see the gate.. his body was taken by the gate though.. the reason Ed saw it was b/c he traded his arm to the gate in exchange for his brothers soul.. then he used his leg to attach Al's soul to its new body.. it might have been the other way around with the body parts though.. lmfao!
rohanassassin201
Visitor

aright that makes sense. Im just glad to here that some other ppl dont have to use a circle and its just not somethin that the main character gets!
Leaf v.3
Uber Otaku

Post by Leaf v.3 »

lmfao! yeah.. there's quite a few.. lmfao! or atleast the amount equal to the amount of homunculus that has been created..
rohanassassin201
Visitor

rofl, equal exchange....
puffster
Visitor

Post by puffster »

nope sorry but its actually his state alchemist pocket watch....im pretty sure about that..they had a show saying it a a few weeks ago..sorry to intrude.. OR its the transmutation circle on his glove...if he even has one...much like roys
rohanassassin201
Visitor

But, in the first like 2 episodes, i think it was the second one. The priest took away his watch, and he still used alchemy. And i think that his glove iis just a white glove, unlike roy's
puffster
Visitor

Post by puffster »

which time was it the one when he transforms his automail into a blade? im thinkin he had the transmutation gloves on OR the arm can do that by itself OR he had a transmutation circle somewhere....i donno...good question...
Leaf v.3
Uber Otaku

Post by Leaf v.3 »

its definitly not his pocket watch! i am SOO SURE of that! explain how Ed and Al's father and their teacher and dante all dont have to use transmutation circles! and are not state alchemists! ive seen the whole series in japanese and i know its cuz they have seen the gate.. he doesnt use a transmutation circle.. lmfao! :mrgreen:
rohanassassin201
Visitor

interesting, ed and al's father doesnt need a circle either... thats very interesting
Leaf v.3
Uber Otaku

Post by Leaf v.3 »

yuppers.. it gets really interesting later in the series :mrgreen:
puffster
Visitor

Post by puffster »

well..ive heard that the pocket watch lets them do it...BUT he can also use different styles of alchemy much like roys gloves a different kind of transmutation circle ETC. so anyways if there father can do it without the transmutation circles then...its either the working of the philosophers stone OR he has gloves like roys...BUT im not sure how he does it without a transmutation circle...ill research this and come up with my findings ok?
rohanassassin201
Visitor

Roy's gloves does different kinds of alchemy?? i thought he could only make bombs with it
puffster
Visitor

Post by puffster »

as i was saying....there are different kinds of transmutation circles...like the 3 alchemist brothers in the manga the yellow one had the power of earth then the blue one had the power of ice THEN the last one the red one had the power of fire..they all had different transmutation circles on there gloves..i know i looked HARD