Tottoko Hamutaro

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Crystalbear
Dragon Master Otaku

Tottoko Hamutaro

Post by Crystalbear »

Does anyone hear love/like Tottoko Hamutaro?(Hamtaro in English)

I am hear to post a fact about it. The reason why Cartoon Network, Fox Kids and Shopro(company that translated this series) cancled it was because Hamtaro wasn't getting them alot of money. All they care about it getting more money then us fans.

If you love Hamtaro or even just simply like it, please sign this petiton made by Haru Megami from the site, Ham-Ham Kingdom.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/hamhamhamtaro

Saying things like "Oh, you're losers for liking this c***" is strictly not allowed, and is very pointless because this petiton is desgined for Hamtaro lovers ONLY, Hamtaro haters should leave this petiton alone.

And finally, if this is in the wrong section, can someone move it please? Thanks.
Free
Uber Otaku

re: Tottoko Hamutaro

Post by Free »

Actually, It was quite a cute anime and pretty silly. XP
I signed the petition. I'm not afraid to express my opinions on this anime. Every person to their own.
♪ I want to swim away but don't know how
Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

Post by kukutaru_ookami »

I signed I don't like hamtaro much personally anymore but when I first watched it I really loved it its a cherised childhood memory and I'm fighting for it..now I'm just wondering about one more thing
For NaruHina fans (AU): http://viridian.fanficauthors.net/Team_8/index.php
"Kakkou dakenara sayonara koi jyanaideshou?"
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Online petitions are useless, as many Bandai fans have learned after trying various petitions to persuade Bandai to continue their line of Domestic MSiAs and SDGF DVDs. If you really want Hamtaro back on television, then organizing a massive mail-in campaign will be much more effective than a petition. And by mail I mean standard snail mail, Emails are useless. And even if this campaign gets underway, the chances of Hamtaro returning on television is still minimal.

If you really want to watch Hamtaro again, I suggest buying it. As a kids television program, Hamtaro DVDs are dirt cheap, and can probably be found for as low as 5 dollars a pop.

EDIT: A quick Froogle search showed that my original esimation was incorrect. Hamtaro DVDs can be found as low as 2 dollars a pop.
Last edited by Sanger Zomvolt on Jan 30, 2006 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Crystalbear
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: re: Tottoko Hamutaro

Post by Crystalbear »

Zengar Zonbolt wrote:Online petitions are useless, as many Bandai fans have learned after trying various petitions to persuade Bandai to continue their line of Domestic MSiAs and SDGF DVDs. If you really want Hamtaro back on television, then organizing a massive mail-in campaign will be much more effective than a petition. And by mail I mean standard snail mail, Emails are useless. And even if this campaign gets underway, the chances of Hamtaro returning on television is still minimal.

If you really want to watch Hamtaro again, I suggest buying it. As a kids television program, Hamtaro DVDs are dirt cheap, and can probably be found for as low as 5 dollars a pop.
The best we can do is try.... and we have a choice. Our choice is trying, and we will not stop until Shopro and Cartoon Network see their error of their ways.

To those who signed the petiton with NICE signs, thank you.
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Tottoko Hamutaro

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

hamstarz wrote:
Zengar Zonbolt wrote:Online petitions are useless, as many Bandai fans have learned after trying various petitions to persuade Bandai to continue their line of Domestic MSiAs and SDGF DVDs. If you really want Hamtaro back on television, then organizing a massive mail-in campaign will be much more effective than a petition. And by mail I mean standard snail mail, Emails are useless. And even if this campaign gets underway, the chances of Hamtaro returning on television is still minimal.

The best we can do is try.... and we have a choice. Our choice is trying, and we will not stop until Shopro and Cartoon Network see their error of their ways.

To those who signed the petiton with NICE signs, thank you.
It's like Zengar already said, just buy the series if you like it so much.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Crystalbear
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Crystalbear »

But then it'll be like 1,300 people that have to buy the DVD's. Think about that, this petiton was desgined for ALL Hamtaro fans.
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

Yeah so? Thousands of people buy anime DVDs everyday. Also as Zengar pointed out, Hamtaro DVDs are cheap and very easy to afford. Don't count on CN to bring back old shows. I learned this recently and now I just buy anime DVDs.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

You are lucky that the series you enjoy actually has a DVD alternative. More than a decade ago, I was forced to rely primarily on TV for my anime, tokusatsu, and super sentai needs, many of which I've never been able to find again.

Generally, I have found that the age of the program takes precedence over the popularity, as several of the programs that were never re-broadcasted again were incredibly popular. In fact two such programs, Bioman and Voltes V, were so very popular that their influence reaches deep in the roots of Philippine culture. One time, I went to a spanish restaurant, and the mariachis there were serenading the Voltes V theme song to another table. Think about that, a quartet of musicians playing the theme song of a super robot anime. THAT is how popular it was. I really regret not taping these shows with my VCR. Trust me, I have loved many of these programs dearly, and it pains me that they are not available anywhere. I personally have been searching for Bioman for years, and have found nothing.

So take it from me, it is a blessing to have your series available at such a low cost, and in my opinion, you should buy the DVDs before they go out of print.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Crystalbear
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Crystalbear »

Yeah well, I don't care. We have only have about 4-5 Hamtaro DVDs, and none more being made... but we will never give up on our dreams. We want to try, and no one can stop us from trying. Even if every one of our plans and plot fails, we will still try.