Wolf's Rain so depressing

Guyver
Visitor

Wolf's Rain so depressing

Post by Guyver »

Wolf's Rain has been showing on Rapture TV in the UK this I the first time I have watched the series. The concepts of the show are interesting but the show is sooo slow and depressing, everyone in the show is miserable and nothing good ever happens to them.

I have to wonder was this show meant to be an aid for suicide??

For I can picture someone watching the series from start to finish non-stop and then quite happily going and slicing their wrists.!!!!!!!

Re: Wolf's Rain so depressing

Post by Ryukon »

*blinks*

...from the first impression I get from watching Wolf's Rain, it's not depressing, but rather just very thoughtful and deep. But in a way, I guess it is dark and depressing for some situations. The forests of the land have disappeared, people are living a slight poor lifestyle and are melancholy folk.

Mm...nevermind. It is a gloom of an anime, but I've never thought that it suggested suicide. Wolf's Rain is intended for mature audiences.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
XXWolfgangXX
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by XXWolfgangXX »

Hey you are totally over exaggerating with the depression theme, if people become suicidal just from watching this anime than they can’t have been very stable to begin with. Sure there are some sad parts within the series but over all it is refreshing to find that they still make anime series that rely on their art form to tell stories and make comments on society, rather than the cheap laughs that seem to be flooding the market these days. Because at the moment there is a greater emphasis on how big a female characters gravity defying breast can be and the new types of mecca changing the lives of unsuspecting teenage prodigies, and its becoming so boring. A good series that explores mythology and social unrest is a fine change. Not to mention that is so good to be able to watch a series with beautiful animation, but even their majority of male characters remain masculine. And what makes it yet even better is that even with a majority of male characters travelling together there is no yaoi theme, NOT EVERY GIRL LIKES YAOI!!!!!!
‘if she’s determined to have a nervous breakdown, the least we can do is see that she doesn’t have it in peace’ Zooey
Casshondra
Visitor

Post by Casshondra »

I thought it was good even though mostly everyone died
Tifa Lockheart
Visitor

Post by Tifa Lockheart »

The only survivers were Kiba, Tsume, and Toboe.
Hiei_lil_sister14
Baka Otaku

Post by Hiei_lil_sister14 »

it was a sad anime but it was really good
Mr_Coffee
Visitor

Post by Mr_Coffee »

I wouldn't call it depressing. Sure it had its sad parts, but that just showed some depth. Personally, I found it to be a great show. Just for the originality factor. The story is great, and the characters are interesting.

Lord Darcia deserves his own show.
Zabuza's
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabuza's »

it was not depressing. Just dark and very deep. They're looking for paradise which they only believe it exist in the first place. It says the world is coming to end. if our world was coming to an end and was being covered in ice wouldnt it be dark?
Co-President of The Tres and Abel FanClub
"If you desire to know the truth, you must also have the courage to accept it."
"Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark, or the man afraid of the light?"
TheColorsOfDarkness
Visitor

Post by TheColorsOfDarkness »

Yes. It makes me cry all the time.
Well... the last episode does.
Trifone
Visitor

Post by Trifone »

I saw it on rapture too.
God, they replayed one episode like a thousand times. I was so pissed off.
but yeah, it was depressing.
When toboe died and when cher died, it was practically heart breaking. :cry:
TintaSerpentGoddess
Uber Otaku

Post by TintaSerpentGoddess »

Well, I must say I hate the end when...
Spoiler
Show
Kiba died
President of Haku Luvrs Club
President of ~*Otonin of the Night*~
*Joined Orochimaru*
President of Clay Birds
XXserenaXX_07
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by XXserenaXX_07 »

to be honest I only started watching it about 2 months ago :heh: And when my friend sent it to me she said its quite depressing, But I dont think its as bad as you say it is, then again some bits are really sad.....
when you break up with a boy, a good friend would say "owww u deserve better"
A best friend would be prank calling him saying, "You will die in 7 days!!"

XD
Kiba_and_Cheza
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kiba_and_Cheza »

Tifa Lockheart wrote:The only survivers were Kiba, Tsume, and Toboe.
Errmm... No, their definatly dead. Toboe died protecting Quent, Tsume got malled by Darcia, and Kiba croaked.
I liked the ending but I don't think the should have had the very last scene with the wolves running around in human form. I should have ended with Darcia's wolf eye tainting the Lunar flower, as if to show that even if the world is restarted, there will always be evil in it, even in Paradise.
Kiba_and_Cheza
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kiba_and_Cheza »

Tifa Lockheart wrote:The only survivers were Kiba, Tsume, and Toboe.
Errmm... No, their definatly dead. Toboe died protecting Quent, Tsume got malled by Darcia, and Kiba croaked.
I liked the ending but I don't think the should have had the very last scene with the wolves running around in human form. I should have ended with Darcia's wolf eye tainting the Lunar flower, as if to show that even if the world is restarted, there will always be evil in it, even in Paradise.
Alice
Visitor

Post by Alice »

I suppose it was quite depressing, seeing as
Spoiler
Show
nearly everyone dies, LMAO
, but I found it to be a brilliantly constructed and well delivered series. I'm a one for liking the darker, more thoughtful animes that are intended for more mature audiences so I really loved it.

It's really quite ridiculous because I never cry at anything but I think I cried a total of 4 times throughout the series - I have a big soft spot for animals!
Yomieko_Sesshra
Uber Otaku

Post by Yomieko_Sesshra »

The last three or so episodes made me really sad. ><I>> I don't like to cry. -sigh-
With one kiss upon your neck our souls will be entwined together in darkness forever...
"My heart belongs to the one I love and the one I love shall never know...:cry:" ~Dragonheart~