24%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 49

Slash
Uber Otaku

My Moderator Application: Slash

Post by Slash »

First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to view my application. I understand there's already a number of applicants and that the process might be a bit...repetitious, so I am grateful for the people that actually read this. It's to be used whenever there's a need for more mods. I won't throw a tantrum if there's no need for quite some time.

I'm an 18 year old male and have previous experience in moderating anime forums. Unfortunately, those forums have long since died out, but that would enable me to devote my time to AA.

The thing I see most people nitpicking about is how new I am to board. While this does mean I may not be as familiar with the forums as the veteran mods, it certainly does not mean I am underqualified. I would go as far to say I am as seasoned in moderating as most of the mods here. I may not have a huge post count, but that is because I only post in topics where my opinion is valid and I know enough of the topic to comment. I've never made the one or two word posts that seem to plauge every board. All my posts are legitimate, productive and on topic.

I think I would make a good mod for various reasons:

-I believe in solving disputes equally and fairly. I am not biased towards any member and will make the necessary actions to solve any dilemma.

-I don't tolerate spam. There's nothing I hate more than seeing someone posting just to boost their post count or someone that's constantly advertising for their own benefit.

-I'm not applying for the position for the fame or power. I believe that I might be a valuable asset and can continue to make AA an enjoyable and beneficial atmosphere.

-I don't tolerate flaming. If there are people here that are so childish that they have to resort to flaming to settle something, they should be warned or banned.

-I'm always browing the forums. Even if I don't post, I always like to read the recent posts. It gives me insight on the members I don't know and can see the members that I share common interests with.

-I have pretty decent grammar. I don't substitute where I can write out the word. I don't find it hard to take the extra 3 seconds to make my posts more legible.

-I like to think of myself as a fairly nice individual. I'm the kind of person who can get along with anyone, regardless of age or gender.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

I have decided to submit my application once more for moderator, and while it would have probably shown more effort to write a new one up, why fix something that wasn't broken? Besides, throughout these comments lie some of my answers to questions I didn't include in the intitial application. So, adding insult to injury, I just decided to tag my updated resume onto my old one, to make this officially the longest, most boring application known to man.

Unfortunately last runaround, I displayed un-modlike traits whenever I was forced to take a rather long hiatus due to college. Unfortunately, I didn't have internet in my dorms till about a year after I started (poor college kid, give me some sympathy). That fact alone really can't excuse me for not coming back to let everyone know, I'm sure I could have found somewhere that had internet, but my major was a bit tougher than I expected it to be. They sure didn't tell me they expected me to apply myself xD

Although now, I can add to my list that I am two years smarter (Well, two years older ^^) and am now able to contribute my time to the boards. Why? Because I am now on my internship, and every weekday I have 5 1/2 hours to do absolutely nothing but troll and be a complete internet nerd. I sit in front of an iMac G5 with nothing but facebook and forums. I wish my internship was a bit more...active, but the graveyard shift in a print center really doesn't demand a whole lotta time.

Although time alone hardly makes a good moderator, it does mean I'm able to get to issues that need attention more quickly than I would have before.

I know a lot of people pledge one thing and show another outside of these applications. If you skim my recent posts, you'll see I'm polite to everyone, never spam and usually make long, drawn-out posts to bore everyone, like this one.

So, with some new and fresh faces abroad, I ask you all for your opinions. All I ask is to state your reason so I know what is valued and what may need to be improved.

Now that I've bored you all with the longest and most boring application ever, I would appreciate any and all constructive criticism. I hope that you all give me a fair chance and leave me your opinions. I seriously commend anyone that has read this whole thing. You should be regarded as heroes to put up with my babbling.
Last edited by Slash on Feb 18, 2008 9:46am, edited 2 times in total.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Slash

Post by Ryukon »

:lol: extra 3 seconds...heh.

I think you'd do a fair job at being a moderator, sure. You appear as the mod material in my eyes.

Still, yes, you are new to the board. Though just because someone is, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not intelligent enough or have the skills to being a moderator. There's probably a good number on here who don't frequent the forums much or have a large post count (why should post count matter so to some people...? :| ) to boot, but they most likely could be very good moderators.

The new thing isn't only for qualifications though, but to just get yourself adjusted to the whole site is all, and to meet up with people, share ideas, befriend a few maybe, but mainly to let the public see what you're made of, get familiar to you...that sort of thing.

Other than spending a little more quality time with us here, you're good to go with my vote. You've followed the guidelines to making a proper application, and I trust that you've had adequate experiences with being a mod.

Another thing: have some confidence in yourself, man. Don't say anything about the boredness. Just because people may appear to be bored, doesn't mean they actually are :lol:
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Hige
Ex-Moderator

Post by Hige »

Hmm, i likey this application :O
Good reasons, you havent been with us that long but you're application makes up for that indefinately.
Good luck bro! :pirate:
Je Vois Tout
If you let the fly live the spider is going to die.
You can't save both without one suffering.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I do plan to get to know everyone, I really enjoy this forum. If I didn't plan on staying here, I wouldn't have bothered with putting in an application. There's a ton of awesome people here (No, as much as it may seem it's not intended for flattery. Key word: Intended ^_~ Just kiddin') and there's always new posts, Which is important for someone with no life like myself. Gotta keep busy somehow.

In my opinion, post count means nothing. You could have someone that's been here for 2 years and has 500 productive posts and someone that's been here 1 month and have 5,000 spam posts. It's sorta misleading. I just hope that's not the only reason why some people will turn me down, but I can see how that might be a turn-off for some people. Thanks again guys.
Koren Reynon
Master Otaku

Post by Koren Reynon »

I haven't met you much, but I don't use that to determine whether or not you'd make a good moderator. Even though I didn't make the mark in my application, I know what it takes to make a good moderator. Your reasons are clear and true and you know how to take things for the better. Even if you don't achieve moderator, I still think you'd make a great moderator.
Biki is me, but I'm Biki. How does that work, you ask? When I'm on, I'm biki; when she's on, she's Koren. When we're both on, well.... we don't want to reveal that info, find out for yourself in the chat.
Hobo_13
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Hobo_13 »

Dude. You would be an awasome mod. You have great reasons and you are a cool and great guy. If they dont choose you as a mod they should have a good reason. That was an awasome "speach" and I hope you make it dude!

Good luck man! :D :mrgreen: =D> :D/
Kiss The Future!
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Heh, thanks guys. I would like to hear from the person who voted no (Even though I doubt it'll happen) as I'm curious why. Don't worry, it's not for revenge or anything, I don't hold grudges. I'd just like some feedback so I know what people are looking for.
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

You're not the only one who's wondering about the 'no' vote. I'm also curious.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

I'm not trying to portray that I'm shocked or upset about it, it's part of the process, I'd just like to know the reasons so if I don't make the cut I know what to work on.
Hobo_13
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Hobo_13 »

Yeah...I also wanted to know...Who said no? You had very good reasons...I bet it was GT :lol:
But it was weird that they didnt state anything at all...maybe it's just someone who wants to mess with you...
Kiss The Future!
Black-Harmonia
Absolute Otaku

Post by Black-Harmonia »

sure, why not? you have stated good qualities you have to becoming a mod and you seem like a nice person, you have a yes and my support! =^-^=
"My name is Apollo Justice and I'm fine!"
Hibari for president 2008!
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Thanks Kitsune, I appreciate it!

It could have been someone just messin' with me, not sure. Either way it's all good.
[Batman]

Post by [Batman] »

I think you'd make a great Moderator ^_^ You seem to have written a flawless Application and I can see you put some time into it. By the looks of it,your grammar and spelling are acceptable,and you show responsiblity.

A "Yes" from me.
Last edited by [Batman] on Jun 16, 2006 9:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
:]
Sam (Nelly) is my friggen shweet wife.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
batman? mod? what?
Hobo_13
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Hobo_13 »

Wow dude you really workin` it! As I said before..Gewd Luck!
Kiss The Future!
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Well, I have to be fair now...I've voted "No" to plenty applicants for being really new to the forums and I doubt I will change my mind now. But dont get me wrong though, your application is good, but just that maybe you should know AA in and out before you become moderator since you get alot of questions about AA as well, not just locking threads.

Well anyways, if you dont become moderator know (which I actually believe you wont) i'll be supporting you in the future if you make an application.

Goodluck.

Oh if it wasn't obvius, I voted "No"...even though the votes dont count much, lol.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Heh, I understand that. I can imagine you get a lot of new people interested in the job so there's nothing new here. I'm actually pretty sure I won't make it either because there's a ton of other higher qualified and nice people in queue. Me making an app does at least let people know that I'm here to stay and am interested in the poition for the future. If I don't make it I'll def. try whenever I get seniority around here and a higher post count.