Evangelion movie

Naota 261
Master Otaku

Evangelion movie

Post by Naota 261 »

I saw on one of the extra features of the show dvd that their coming out with a Evangelion movie with real actors and everything. Supposedly Peter Jackson's special effects team is working on it and he might be the director. I have no clue if it's true or just a rumor but i was hoping someone could shine some light on this
Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Re: Evangelion movie

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Real actors? Sounds interesting.
Kaze
Visitor

Post by Kaze »

I heard of it, but I doubt they will make it. But that's just me...I shall look into it!
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Post by thedarkconquerer »

well, they have already started :P, here is the official site for it: h t t p : / / e v a . t r i v i a l b e i n g . n e t / (had to put spaces in it so i could post it)

unfortunantly, they have changed alot of things, even the main characters they have altered, rei, is now ray and she has black hair, asuka is now Rose, shinji is the same, umm what else? ohh yeah, and they have made they eva's look humanoid now, that gives away the whole spoiler of the eva's being living creatures, annoying. OHH, they changed misato *possibly* to Susan Whitall, so i think that it will just ruin the anime.... just my opinion tho :D

You decide for yourself though, go to the site and check it out.
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
Grey Kun
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Grey Kun »

Peter Jackson isn't he the guy who did King Kong? if thats the case it will probaly be a bad movie cause Peter Jackson always buggers up somewhere
I'll be Damned i made it back
Old UserNames: Farseer Senus, Momiji and Balmung of the Azure sky, The Grey Knight

All sinners fear the emperors wrath!
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

im not sure :S but.... the people whu did the concept art for LOTD (Lord Of The Rings) are doing the cencept art for the eva movie too
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
maven
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by maven »

thedarkconquerer wrote:well, they have already started :P, here is the official site for it: h t t p : / / e v a . t r i v i a l b e i n g . n e t / (had to put spaces in it so i could post it)

unfortunantly, they have changed alot of things, even the main characters they have altered, rei, is now ray and she has black hair, asuka is now Rose, shinji is the same, umm what else? ohh yeah, and they have made they eva's look humanoid now, that gives away the whole spoiler of the eva's being living creatures, annoying. OHH, they changed misato *possibly* to Susan Whitall, so i think that it will just ruin the anime.... just my opinion tho :D

You decide for yourself though, go to the site and check it out.
if they are going to change a lot, the movie won' t live up to the eva fans expectation. that'll hust suck..
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

i know, but what they are trying to do is make it for the majority or the audiance, i.e the people who havnt seen the anime. That way they will make more money
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

I hope Hideaki Anno will be consulted for the scenario [-o< ...The plot were already twisted enough by Sadamoto (for the manga), in my opinion :(
La vita fugge et non s'arresta un'ora [...]
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Hideaki Anno unfortunantly, will not be consulted and will not be the directer of the film, sucks, i know
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

Oh, wonderful. Now I lost the 98% of the interest in this film...
After all, a black-haired Rei says almost all of this film :lol:
Bloody Rain
Visitor

Post by Bloody Rain »

thedarkconquerer wrote:Hideaki Anno unfortunantly, will not be consulted and will not be the directer of the film, sucks, i know
That means that someone else will BUTCHER the whole Evangelion thing with the movie. Grrr....
magnumPI
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by magnumPI »

thedarkconquerer wrote:Hideaki Anno unfortunantly, will not be consulted and will not be the directer of the film, sucks, i know
i'm actually glad to hear that....Hideaki Anno has a huge grudge with the Eva fans. he had a mental break down when they were making the final few episodes so the producers didnt know how to end it after the 17th angel was destroyed so that's why they made the last 2 episodes like that.

Anno recieved hundreds of death threats from NGE fans and was constantly being harrassed....so his revenge was making a movie that wouldnt really resolve but confuse the fans even more....if you truly understood the end of Evangelion then you have a gifted and creative mind, b/c it's all a guess to me
Take your balls out of your purse and man-up to whale cancer.....F'in delicious

AA Bro: Zinaida
AA Sis: Nightly, Rosey-sama, Triscogirl
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

Anno wrote the two last episodes of Evangelion that way just because GAiNAX had no more money to produce the original two (the ones which will be melt togheter to form The End Of). You can see, in the anticipation of episode XIV, that something (just a few) of "Air" was ready.
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

yeppers Deacon is right :P, they ran out of funding for the last 2 eps, so they made them the way they are, and then l8er on made a film, EoE, which i admit, was quite confusing towards the end ](*,) :twitch:
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by SolidSnake526 »

Yikes... Here's to hoping it isn't done with non-fitting actors/actresses and/or blatantly obvious CGI that ruins the epic feel to the movie...
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P