60%
Don't Care
7%

Total votes: 15

Electrixal
Mobile Suit Otaku

My Moderator Application: The Phoenix/Elec Trix

Post by Electrixal »

i think i would be a good mod because i would give people higher than me respect and i would help people that need help.i would make sure no one spams anyone cos that is really annoying and i would get people to stop askin loads of questions in the RP sections when its like 16 pages into the Role play

If you would like to vote for me if you don't oh well for me
Last edited by Electrixal on Sep 22, 2006 4:08am, edited 2 times in total.
What good is cake if you can't eat it!?
Lucky Romance
Visitor

Re: My Moderator Application: The Phoenix/Elec Trix

Post by Lucky Romance »

yay i voted
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

I'll have to go with 'no'.

Please provide more contents with your application instead of two or three sentences... :|

You can help people even if you aren't a Mod, so what more can you do for the community? What should you do should [insert scenario] happen? What are your qualities and aspects? Things like that.

Read the "Read Me First" thread that's floated, or at least the How To Become A Moderator thread if you haven't yet.

Edit:
The phoenix wrote:If you would like to vote for me if you don't oh well for me
It doesn't sound like you have any confidence in what you're doing and what you're aiming for. Don't you believe in yourself? It looks like you don't care whether or not if you get the position.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Electrixal
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Electrixal »

and who died and made you boss huh?
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

The phoenix wrote:and who died and made you boss huh?
You understand nothing. It's a definite and permanent no from me now.
Anner <3
\,,/
Lucia Skyfire
Ex-Moderator

Post by Lucia Skyfire »

This is an anime site, and thus anime rules apply, right? Good.

*Kai places a blindfold on the Phoenix's head, places the Phoenix in mid air with a 30000ft drop below, explains the laws of physics, and takes the blindfold off and says "Look down." *

:roll:

Oh, BTW, If you don't ever take this seriously, I won't either. This is one hell of a NO from the Master. Sorry, but... WTH am I saying sorry for? Its just NO. Theres no in-depth reasons, no backup, and no grammar. As a mod, you would set a terrible example with a paragraph like that.
I need to watch things die, from a distance.
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too, don't lie.
Electrixal
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Electrixal »

Master Kai wrote:
This is an anime site, and thus anime rules apply, right? Good.

*Kai places a blindfold on the Phoenix's head, places the Phoenix in mid air with a 30000ft drop below, explains the laws of physics, and takes the blindfold off and says "Look down." *

:roll:

Oh, BTW, If you don't ever take this seriously, I won't either. This is one hell of a NO from the Master. Sorry, but... WTH am I saying sorry for? Its just NO. Theres no in-depth reasons, no backup, and no grammar. As a mod, you would set a terrible example with a paragraph like that.

lol okay
[Batman]

Post by [Batman] »

No from me.

LOL Kai. Such a good point.

Your paragraph is haunting, Phoenix. Not only is that paragraph horrid and ugly in so many ways, but you don't even have any other paragraphs to back it up. Not including the little line below it.

-Looks at paragraph one more time and cowars.- So...hideous...
:]
Sam (Nelly) is my friggen shweet wife.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
batman? mod? what?
Lucia Skyfire
Ex-Moderator

Post by Lucia Skyfire »

A respectful vote from Narry.

Phoenix, I have nothing against you personally, but moderators are meant to have transcendant grammar, like myself. :P

That is just one of many flawed points in your application, and the one that is the most blatantly obvious. Other things include: Your lack of depth; Your lack of evidence; Your lack of experience; Your lack of confidence...

Et cetera. The list goes on, but these are the most vital points. I advise that you revise your application, request for this one to be locked and removed, and then try again in a few months, when you are better known and more widely (Hopefully) respected.

This is just my view, and it may be blunt, but it's true.
Electrixal
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Electrixal »

Master Kai wrote:A respectful vote from Narry.

Phoenix, I have nothing against you personally, but moderators are meant to have transcendant grammar, like myself. :P

That is just one of many flawed points in your application, and the one that is the most blatantly obvious. Other things include: Your lack of depth; Your lack of evidence; Your lack of experience; Your lack of confidence...

Et cetera. The list goes on, but these are the most vital points. I advise that you revise your application, request for this one to be locked and removed, and then try again in a few months, when you are better known and more widely (Hopefully) respected.

just to tell you the truth what i use is slang if you now what that is and i can use Proper grammer cos i am in the highest set in my school so don't tell me i can't use proper grammer
Vash
Uber Otaku

Post by Vash »

Elec Trix wrote:

just to tell you the truth what i use is slang if you now what that is and i can use Proper grammer cos i am in the highest set in my school so don't tell me i can't use proper grammer
Mind to use the good grammer then?
Anner <3
\,,/
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

My reason has already been stated, but I will say it again anyways.
The poll does NOT follow the format you are supposed to use. Grammer is sketchy in the app. Being a Mod is a serious thing, and not to be taken lightly what-so-ever. I vote no based on those reasons.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Lucia Skyfire
Ex-Moderator

Post by Lucia Skyfire »

Elec Trix wrote:

In my eyes, "Slang" is just another word for "Non-selective Laziness". I don't tolerate high levels of... "Slang" in mod applications.

And don't talk to me like I am stupid. I can assure you, It won't score you points.
CoNtR0l
Visitor

Post by CoNtR0l »

see its called slang f*gs you guys judge way to hard give the man a break he has 1000 post for god sake.I can see why there hasnt been any new staff because of all of these as#holes saying no to others just because they go denied. #-o
Mr_Coffee
Visitor

Post by Mr_Coffee »

Actually, I think Master Kai, Lieutenant Colonel Ryukon and Vash all make great points. Confidence and good grammar are essentials for mods. An application is not something you should take lightly. It takes only a few extra seconds to spell check your writing. And DARK, when you consider most other forums don't even allow you to apply, it seems fair.

If anyone could just become a mod, then the forum wouldn't be the same. Not trying to be mean. I think you're a nice person, but it takes more then kindness to make a good moderator.
Elec Trix wrote:and who died and made you boss huh?
Ryukon is taking time out of his day to respectfully consider your application. Not to mention giving you pointers and tips on what you could improve upon. The best thing to do, (if you still would like to mod) is wait a bit more and try to improve your grammar.

Once again, I'm not trying to be mean. That's just the way I see things.
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

DARKBiRdS wrote:see its called slang f*gs you guys judge way to hard give the man a break he has 1000 post for god sake.I can see why there hasnt been any new staff because of all of these as#holes saying no to others just because they go denied. #-o
What does a high post count have to do with anything? :|

Say you have more candy than anyone in a room. Does that make you the boss, omnipotent over all that lives, and the most mature?

Quality over quantity, not the other way around. You may take more classes than the average person, but what really counts is how you fair in that class and whether or not you're driven to exceed and excel.

I highly doubt you should use slangs if you're applying for a job. Being a Mod is serious business and is, in a sense, a job. The pickiness is a good thing. I don't think you'd like it if someone went Mod-Power-Crazy with no logic at all behind of what they're doing. Frankly, it's like letting a monkey be president of the universe.

What we "as#holes" are saying is not all negative. It may sound critical and harsh, but like Coffee-san said, we're giving you pointers on how to improve and better your chances on becoming a Mod. There are bright points to every darkness, so take it easy.

To Coffee-san: actually, that is true, about applying. This is the only forum I see so far that let's the regular users to put out an application instead of the master of the site doing all the choosing.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子