60%
I have no opinion
No votes

Total votes: 5

Shikikami
Ramen Slurping Otaku

My Moderator Application: Shikikami

Post by Shikikami »

To start, I've been on chat sites since I was about 10, 8 years ago. I'm also a moderator of the RP section at http://www.catgirlz.com (My User name is Neko_Chan98). I've been with the site for quite awhile, but recently, RP reasons have forced me to find better RP sites... my search led me here. I'm probably somewhat elusive, seeing as I never show myself on the online list, but I always make sure to check all my sites daily.

I'm quite free on my choice of being addressed. Nothing really bothers me; Shiki, Shikikami, Neko, Neko_Chan (last 2 are from, my other chat site). I'm quite free to people using my real name, which is Aaron, for anyone who wishes to use it.

I understand how hard it is being a moderator and/or administrator, through experience of course from other websites. Therefore, I understand how stressful it can be dealing with some people who only seem to want to argue. I've gained quite the large amount of patience because of this, though I'll explain more further on.

Here are some reasons that I believe make me a viable candidate to become a moderator:

1. I usually tend to be an aggressive type when needed. If a rule is in effect, and no one/one person is not following if, I'm usually quick warn the person when I get notified about it.

2. I'm patient to a fault. After dealing with people who incessantly complain about their personal problems, I've learned to manage my stress, allowing me to better focus on problems when the time comes.

3. If double posting is a problem, I tend to do what I can to get rid of it as needed, or I correct it by any means possible.

4. I remain impartial on decisions, regardless of who's my friend or enemy, though I try to avoid having too much of either, just to prevent playing favorites.

5. I may have only joined recently, but I can tell anyone that I'm not an amateur at this. at http://www.catgirlz.com , I'm the moderator of 3 Rp boards, and a general moderator of the other boards. I'm an administrator at http://z11.invisionfree.com/Naruto_Aven ... hp?act=idx (though the site has been down a few days and there isn't many people) and a few other sites (one is dead due to bandwidth problems).

6. I have an extensive knowledge of Rp types, such as literal, fantasy, etc. I also have a very easy time adapting to new rp types that are brought up.

7. Again, I may have recently joined, but I can assure anyone here, I will be checking the site daily. I may never post much, but I don't shirk my responsibility. Everyday, regardless of new posts or not, I make it a habit to check for problems, answer any messages I have and may occasionally send request pm's or messages to find out if someone is having a problem with another user or with a certain rp/board.

If you took the time to read this and to consider voting for me to become a moderator, thank you for your time.
Last edited by Shikikami on Dec 18, 2006 3:15pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Trees are out to get me... 3 of them tackled me earlier

http://www.leekspin.com/ <-- Made it to 4:15:45 before I lost my sanity
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Re: Role Playing Moderator Request

Post by Cold Revolver »

Thats a Negative ghost leader.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

... (<- put mouse there)
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Violin_Melodies♥15
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Violin_Melodies♥15 »

This is well written but its so short..I mean, you covered most of the needed points but it's so simple...Im undecided on this. I suggest looking at other applications, so as Honey_Bee's and so on, and coming up with a better application. Oh and your title of this page is wrong..it's supposed to be <insert> : Would I Make A Good Moderator? and then you need a poll that has yes no or maybe answers...
Im in love with him..
Shikikami
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Re: Would I be a good Moderator?

Post by Shikikami »

Well, to anyone who dares to read this again, I've edited it. I added a few points, I added the numbering things for the points. I changed the title, as well as added a poll now. I gave a small intro (if it was needed) and Violin_Melodies♥15... thanks for refering me to look around at Honey_Bee's application, I did so and hope this is better.

Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Re: My Moderator Application: Shikikami

Post by Ryukon »

Thanks for revising this, and it is very much greatly improved and well-done. One of the best applications I've seen yet.

I trust that you're not an amateur at this thing, and you have supporting reasons. The only thing about you being new is that you have to know how this site works. Just looking at it and lurking is one thing, but actually posting around and knowing how your reaction is to people, and they to you, gives you a more fuller feel to it and that you're contributing something around here.

It also enables us to get to know you more rather than trying to figure out with what little messages you have. Right now, to be honest, you sound like a passive soldier to me that got drilled with duties without much of a voice of your own. I mean no offense. That's just a personal input, and it's not really important.

It seems like your only aim to be a moderator is for the RP section only since you talk about it a bit more than anything else. Although it does look like a whole mesh of text and whatnots that may need some going over (I dare not venture in there)...but then you also have the basic ideas of going out of your main area and going around the site, too. As much as RPs don't mean much to me, there's a ton of activity that goes on in there that one could gain a lot of experience from than anywhere else.

Aside from being new here, I say 'yes'.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Ryukon wrote:Thanks for revising this, and it is very much greatly improved and well-done. One of the best applications I've seen yet.

I trust that you're not an amateur at this thing, and you have supporting reasons. The only thing about you being new is that you have to know how this site works. Just looking at it and lurking is one thing, but actually posting around and knowing how your reaction is to people, and they to you, gives you a more fuller feel to it and that you're contributing something around here.

It also enables us to get to know you more rather than trying to figure out with what little messages you have. Right now, to be honest, you sound like a passive soldier to me that got drilled with duties without much of a voice of your own. I mean no offense. That's just a personal input, and it's not really important.

It seems like your only aim to be a moderator is for the RP section only since you talk about it a bit more than anything else. Although it does look like a whole mesh of text and whatnots that may need some going over (I dare not venture in there)...but then you also have the basic ideas of going out of your main area and going around the site, too. As much as RPs don't mean much to me, there's a ton of activity that goes on in there that one could gain a lot of experience from than anywhere else.

Aside from being new here, I say 'yes'.
lol :-$
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

Yes. I know. I'm long-winded :P
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Shikikami
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Shikikami »

Well if that the case, it shouldn't take me too long to get used to the site. I tend to hit the RP area alot since it's the only place I feel comfortable in. But I'll find my way around and post elsewhere, thanks for the comment.

Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

It's just me, actually. Other people have different opinions and images of what a Mod should be. Sometimes new users here that are applying don't bother none, and sometimes it does. It depends. For me, I don't really mind, just as long as I'm convinced, in which you did.

Take your time. We have time. There's lots of time...especially when boredom comes around :|
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子