YOUR TOP TEN GAMES

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
WaffleGod
Full Metal Otaku

Re: YOUR TOP TEN GAMES

Post by WaffleGod »

Battousai The Manslayer wrote::-s

For me, I hate the pokemon anime but the games are superb. The show is disgraceful and makes people believe the games are the same when they are quite the opposite of the anime.
Indeed. The games actually have quite a bit of depth, and there's an immense amount of strategy involved, especially if you're battling a human opponent.
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

Gravy-Train wrote:

For me, I hate the pokemon anime but the games are superb. The show is disgraceful and makes people believe the games are the same when they are quite the opposite of the anime.
You mean like Yu-Gi-Oh? Way back in 8th grade I had a deck that schooled everyone.
I don't play the TCG, I only play the videogames. That's it.
WaffleGod wrote:Indeed. The games actually have quite a bit of depth, and there's an immense amount of strategy involved, especially if you're battling a human opponent.
Exactly. What pisses me off is that so many people fail to realize this and assume the games are for kids when in reality, they are not. The games are too complex for a 6-7 year old grasp everything fully.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
maven
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by maven »

1. ICO
2. Legend of Zelda (mainly Oot and TP)
3. God of War
4. Fatal Frame II
5. Prince of persia (series)
6. Shadow of the colossus
7. Super Smash Bros. melee
8. metroid (series)
9. SMB 3
10. Shadowgate (NES)
Ninjacat
Baka Otaku

Post by Ninjacat »

Easy enough. Although, order is subject to change.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Mega Man
3. Mega Man 2
4. Mega Man Legends
5. Mega Man X 2
6. Varth: Operation Thunderstorm
7. Streets of Rage 2
8. Streets of Rage 3
9. Shin Megami Tensei 2
10. God Hand

...Not as easy as I thought. :-k There were a couple I wanted to add but didn't. S'not the top <i>twenty</i> games list, sadly.
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Ichigo »

Ninjacat wrote:Easy enough. Although, order is subject to change.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Mega Man
3. Mega Man 2
4. Mega Man Legends
5. Mega Man X 2
7. Streets of Rage 2
8. Streets of Rage 3
9. Shin Megami Tensei 2
10. God Hand

...Not as easy as I thought. :-k There were a couple I wanted to add but didn't. S'not the top <i>twenty</i> games list, sadly.
Mega Man Legends was probably one of the best mega man games ever, next to the 2nd one
DaSaiyanPrinceā™„
Absolute Otaku

Post by DaSaiyanPrinceā™„ »

1.Super Mario Bros. 3
2.Super mario Bros.
3.Castlevania DoS
4.Dragonball Z BT2
5.Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater
6.Super Smash Bros. Melee
7.Mortal Kombat Armageddon
8.Red Steel
9.Megaman X4
10.Street Fighter (any of them, they all rock)
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Ichigo wrote:
Ninjacat wrote:Easy enough. Although, order is subject to change.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Mega Man
3. Mega Man 2
4. Mega Man Legends
5. Mega Man X 2
7. Streets of Rage 2
8. Streets of Rage 3
9. Shin Megami Tensei 2
10. God Hand

Mega Man Legends was probably one of the best mega man games ever, next to the 2nd one
Indeed. I still play them...should've added it to my list...oh well.
Ultimate Human Genocide
Master Otaku

Post by Ultimate Human Genocide »

WaffleGod wrote:

Indeed. The games actually have quite a bit of depth, and there's an immense amount of strategy involved, especially if you're battling a human opponent.
here's the amount of strategy needed for a pokemon game:
1) Hitting the control pad and A button at the corect times (hard for some easy for everyone else)
2) what attack should i use: hmm a rock type pokemon, I obviosly don't want a lightning attack
3) Going to a Pokemon Center
"Your move, Holy Man"
http://www.wii60.com/uploads/971.gif <---- Must see for all World Cup watchers
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Ichigo »

BAMF wrote:
WaffleGod wrote:

1) Hitting the control pad and A button at the corect times (hard for some easy for everyone else)
2) what attack should i use: hmm a rock type pokemon, I obviosly don't want a lightning attack
that pretty much sums it up
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

BAMF wrote:
WaffleGod wrote:

Pokemon is actually a lot more indepth than people give it credit for, especially the newer games. There are many strategies are used in competitive play, and raising up your Pokemon to their best stats is actually more complex than people think it is. These links will prove what I'm talking about.(if you can actually be bothered to read through it, it's quite a read lol.)

Also, lightning attacks do affect rock types, but are ineffective against ground types

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvan ... titive.txt
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvan ... iner_a.txt

Anyway, my top ten games are:
1 Time Crisis series
2 Capcom vs Snk 2
3 King of Fighters 1998, 2002 and XI
4 Street Fighter series
5 Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara
6 Taito Legends 2
7 Virtua Fighter 4 Evo
8 Samurai Showdown
9 Espgaluda
10 Do DonPachi Dai Ou Jou

If I could have more games, Streets of Rage, Lethal Enforcers 2, Final Fight 3 and Godhand would have made it on the list.
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:
BAMF wrote:
WaffleGod wrote:

Pokemon is actually a lot more indepth than people give it credit for, especially the newer games. There are many strategies are used in competitive play, and raising up your Pokemon to their best stats is actually more complex than people think it is. These links will prove what I'm talking about.(if you can actually be bothered to read through it, it's quite a read lol.)

Also, lightning attacks do affect rock types, but are ineffective against ground types

1 Time Crisis series
2 Capcom vs Snk 2
4 Street Fighter series
6 Taito Legends 2
7 Virtua Fighter 4 Evo
8 Samurai Showdown
9 Espgaluda

If I could have more games, Streets of Rage, Lethal Enforcers 2, Final Fight 3 and Godhand would have made it on the list.
I had fun with samurai showdown when I was a haha, good times.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Ultimate Human Genocide
Master Otaku

Post by Ultimate Human Genocide »

Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:
BAMF wrote:
WaffleGod wrote:

1 Time Crisis series
2 Capcom vs Snk 2
4 Street Fighter series
6 Taito Legends 2
7 Virtua Fighter 4 Evo
8 Samurai Showdown
9 Espgaluda

your links have been blocked by Gamefaqs. get some new ones and i might think about listening to your opinion.
"Your move, Holy Man"
http://www.wii60.com/uploads/971.gif <---- Must see for all World Cup watchers
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

BAMF wrote:here's the amount of strategy needed for a pokemon game:
You clearly know little about these games. In the future, before you criticize something, make sure you know what you're talking about.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku

BAMF wrote: your links have been blocked by Gamefaqs. get some new ones and i might think about listening to your opinion.
What do you mean? The links were from Gamefaqs. Doesn't matter anyway, I guess I'm going to have to do a semi-long post to explain it to you then.

For starters, in the later versions in Pokemon, more specifically, Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon were given personality traits. Traits had an effect on stats, so for example, depending on what trait you had, your Pokemon could wind up having more attack, but less defense. This is one of the first steps to getting the best out of your Pokemon's stats. There are more advanced methods to maximising your Pokemon's stats, but I won't bother mentioning them.

Another thing that was included were abilities. Depending on the Pokemon, they were given characteristics that granted them abilities. For example, one Pokemon could increase their attack power if their health was low.

From Silver & Gold up to the current games, Pokemon can be given items. Items ranged from a variety of effects, from healing to boosting up moves. If used wisely, items could be used to create more advanced strategies and can be used in combinations with characteristics as well as certain Pokemon moves for more effectiveness.

Also, building your Pokemon's moveset depending on what you want them to do is the key to winning most battles competitive wise. Generally, if your Pokemon is supposed to be attacking in some sort of way, due to type advantage/disadvantges, you don't want to give a Pokemon all the same element of moves, for example, a Water Pokemon having all Water-type moves. What if it comes up against something that water is ineffective against? Switching Pokemon doesn't do that much good all the time.

Taking all those points into account, people can form a multitude of battle strategies. I would say more, but to be honest, it's extremely long winded and I don't want to get into it. I used to think Pokemon was pretty basic until my brother showed me the advanced stuff people came up with on the game.

Look, at the end of the day, it's your view. I'm not trying to ram this down your throat or anything, I'm just putting across my view of the game.

Cold Revolver wrote:I had fun with samurai showdown when I was a haha, good times.
Same here man, who did you use?
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Yuri Volte Hyuga wrote:
BAMF wrote: your links have been blocked by Gamefaqs. get some new ones and i might think about listening to your opinion.
What do you mean? The links were from Gamefaqs. Doesn't matter anyway, I guess I'm going to have to do a semi-long post to explain it to you then.

For starters, in the later versions in Pokemon, more specifically, Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon were given personality traits. Traits had an effect on stats, so for example, depending on what trait you had, your Pokemon could wind up having more attack, but less defense. This is one of the first steps to getting the best out of your Pokemon's stats. There are more advanced methods to maximising your Pokemon's stats, but I won't bother mentioning them.

Another thing that was included were abilities. Depending on the Pokemon, they were given characteristics that granted them abilities. For example, one Pokemon could increase their attack power if their health was low.

From Silver & Gold up to the current games, Pokemon can be given items. Items ranged from a variety of effects, from healing to boosting up moves. If used wisely, items could be used to create more advanced strategies and can be used in combinations with characteristics as well as certain Pokemon moves for more effectiveness.

Also, building your Pokemon's moveset depending on what you want them to do is the key to winning most battles competitive wise. Generally, if your Pokemon is supposed to be attacking in some sort of way, due to type advantage/disadvantges, you don't want to give a Pokemon all the same element of moves, for example, a Water Pokemon having all Water-type moves. What if it comes up against something that water is ineffective against? Switching Pokemon doesn't do that much good all the time.

Taking all those points into account, people can form a multitude of battle strategies. I would say more, but to be honest, it's extremely long winded and I don't want to get into it. I used to think Pokemon was pretty basic until my brother showed me the advanced stuff people came up with on the game.

Look, at the end of the day, it's your view. I'm not trying to ram this down your throat or anything, I'm just putting across my view of the game.

Cold Revolver wrote:I had fun with samurai showdown when I was a haha, good times.
Same here man, who did you use?
I think haohmaru, and the guy that used 2 swords.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku

^
Nice, I used Ukyo(guy with blue hair) and Genjuro.(guy with pink hair.)