the show

LPIBelong
Ramen Slurping Otaku

the show

Post by LPIBelong »

ok i know that the show only goes to manga 8 but do you think that there will be more shows? because the way they ended it was horrible!!! jw. :-k
yo soy jefa.... (learned it in spanish class!!!)
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Re: the show

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

actually, the anime stops at manga no. 6
it just makes references to later manga. as far as i am aware, there are no new eposodes as far as i am aware
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Minika
Visitor

Post by Minika »

I doubt VERY much that there will be any more episodes. Funimation are infamous for taking a manga, developing many episodes around it, then stopping at a point and making it impossible to continue without causing controversies and confusion. For example, the manga ending is very different to the anime 'ending' that the anime-makers created:

Yuki sees Kyo, but doesn't approach him whilst he is in his True Form.
Tohru doesn't meet her friends in the graveyard. She is also much more willing to follow Kyo, and follows him as soon as he runs away, without Akito, Shishou, Arisa or Saki interefering.
Akito doesn't confront Tohru in the forest.
Tohru doesn't meet Akito in her house until MUCH later in the manga.

And even if Funimation were to release more episodes, I would be hesitant to watch. The manga becomes so much more darker, that I couldn't imagine it being depicted in an anime: it confronts more adult themes, which would be hard to integrate after putting across the image of a happy, 'everything-will-turn-out-okay', child-friendly storyline in the anime.
zeeflover
Master Otaku

Post by zeeflover »

^Yup. You are right there. I doubt that there will be any new Fruits Basket anime episodes...
Lenfa
Uber Otaku

Post by Lenfa »

Most fans are trying to convince the director to make another one....
~+~Luv all my AA sibs!~+~
^Ani, meh Filo sis^

Love me' twins Mik3 and Shinogu!! ^^
"That's proof that your coming to visit was Hitsuzen"
zeeflover
Master Otaku

Post by zeeflover »

^Well, let's just see. Cause the story just keeps getting darker like what Minika said.
sasuke_rocklee
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by sasuke_rocklee »

yea, most likely no more seasons will come out. THe Fruits Basket series was made in 2001 or something. It doesn't seem like another season's going to come out.
Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
xFlameWolfx
Master Otaku

Post by xFlameWolfx »

I don't think they will.It would be awesome if they did,but right now it doesn't seem like there's any hope for another season.
<b>What lies before us and what lies beyond us is tiny compared to what lies within us. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -- Thomas Jefferson</b>
lil-kawaii-kat
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by lil-kawaii-kat »

Aww...That's a bummer ==' It would be cool if they made like a second season or something because they left the ending inconclusive- nothing happened to the curse, not all the characters were introduced or anything like that..I think :-k

●◦ ٭ - Ѕςαттзѓеd δғєαм - ¤×˚
» [lil-kαwαii-kαт ×3 ;; » ¬ <3 тзн NєKo oF нєαrтnзѕѕ] «© - ٭