Need MAJOR help identifying an anime

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Need MAJOR help identifying an anime

Post by Seven Signz »

Hey everyone, I just registered to this forum in hopes of identifying this anime I'm about to describe and learning about new ones since I've exhausted all the ones I know of. :)

Anyway, on to the topic. I've looked for hours, asked everyone I know, and looked for hours again and have not found so much as a name to this anime mini-series I was told about by my friend. I hope that you guys can help me out with this, I'm at my wits end. I'll explain the details as best as I can.

Alright, so the story revolves around a man name Phoenix and his girlfriend Ayla. Phoenix gets involved in some kind of war in the start of the series and gets killed. Somehow, he manifests a new body and remembers his death experience as a dream that felt extremely real. This lead him to believe that there is something more after the living world. He convinces Ayla that there is such a place and the kill themselves to find out.

They wake up in an alley in some city and Phoenix somehow gets into a fight. During the fight, he starts controlling the muggers' minds and he realizes he's extremely powerful. It turns out the city they wound up in was the "heaven" so to speak. If you lead a good life, you went to the city, and if you lived a bad life, you went to the desolate plains surrounding it.

Phoenix is soon contacted by officials of the city and it's revealed that he's the heir to the throne of the city. A clone of Phoenix is made for safety purposes, but it gets screwed up somehow and the make a midget clone. His name is Loki and he has a power close to Phoenix's.

There's also a renegade giant wanted for human hunting named Solleks that eventually gets recruited into Phoenix's army. There's also one more main guy, but my friend didn't remember his name. All he knew was that it started with an X.

The antagonists' names are never mentioned as far as he told me, they are just referred to as "him" and "he". There's two of them by the way.

OK, now for appearances, I only know what Loki and Phoenix look like. Phoenix is tall and muscular with really long silver hair tied in a ponytail. He's wearing white pants and a white tank top. He also uses a diamond sword in battle. Loki is pretty much the same but instead of a diamond sword, he has 2 swords that float on his back and float to his hands when he needs them.

Halfway through the series though, Phoenix dies somehow and his posse (consisting of Ayla, Solleks, Loki, and the guy I don't know, Mr.X) go their seperate ways. Loki gets into this cult that love pain and fighting. He cuts his hair off and gets that gang's mark branded on his face. His eyes also fade to black and he starts wearing a headband.

I think that the mini series is 6 parts, each part relatively long. Exactly how long, I don't know.

Well, there you have it. i know it's vague and doesn't say much, but it's all I have to go on. So please, help me! :p Sorry for the Wall-O-Text as well, just typed all the info I knew.
Last edited by Seven Signz on Jun 08, 2007 1:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Realist
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: Need MAJOR help identifying an anime

Post by The Realist »

To be honest, after reading all this info, even I want to know what this anime series is called myself because it sounds rather interesting.
Anime is a way of life. But so is Reality and it hits harder.
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Post by Seven Signz »

It really does sound pretty sweet from what I was told. I want to watch it so bad but I don't get far at all just searching the characters' names. Especially Phoenix, there's way too many results to sift through. :lol:
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Post by Seven Signz »

Come on, I know at least one of you guys or gals know what this is!
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

so is it old or is it new?!
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Post by Seven Signz »

I think it was released anywhere between 1999-2003. I'm near positive that it's completely unavailable in the U.S. as well. I guess that was dumb of me not to say when it was out :p My bad.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

well that's out of my expertice

i specify in 2003+
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Post by Seven Signz »

200 views and no replies, eh? There's gotta be someone who knows what this anime is called :lol:
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

Seven Signz wrote:200 views and no replies, eh? There's gotta be someone who knows what this anime is called :lol:
PM this user. I'm sure he'll know which anime it is.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/forum/prof ... ile&u=1494
Last edited by Battousai The Manslayer on Jun 20, 2007 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Post by Seven Signz »

Done. Maybe he'll have some answers for me.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

I think you've over estimated my knowledge. Even looking up the character's names on imdb.com gives no directly cross referenced results, and the imdb lists anime series as well. So whatever this is it's not listed with the Internet Movie Data Base, so it's probably been edited from it's original form. I base this opinion on the fact that the imdb has the old anime movie Jack and the Witch listed in it's Japanese title Shônen Jakku to Mahô-tsukai and credits but not it's English version. Which is no longer licensed.

I have other sources I can check, but that's all I can find for now.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Seven Signz
Baka Otaku

Post by Seven Signz »

Awww, oh well. Damn, I'm starting to wonder if this anime even exists.