Page 2 of 2

Re: re: Karate

Posted: Nov 21, 2005 4:58am
by Chibi1229
Sapphir wrote:You guys don't know the meaning of karate..... :|

I am in a certain karate, and can't go up belt levels until I'm sixteen....>.< anyway...um Karate, meaning "open handed" dates back to fuedal japan when the samurai were the only ones allowed steel. The samurai found it necessary to kill anyone they wanted to practically, so the commoners had to find a way to protect themselves, thus Karate came. But karate has changed so much over the years. Back then, when you pulled a karate move, it was meant to kill instantly because, fighting a samurai with no weapon, you only get one chance. But now, its mainly a self defense art and not meant to kill anyone, just to like knock them out so they can't hurt you. But, its great you made a karate thread, it is one of the oldest sports in the world, even though when it was created...it wasn't really a sport. lol. ....sorry if my post was alittle sappy, lol.
i no that i take TAE KWON DOE and they told us all that stuff

Re: Karate

Posted: Dec 07, 2005 2:32pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
Fallen Angel of Chaos wrote:i cant help but notice, no one made a marial arts thread that i can see... so, well, as a tae kwon do bleck belt, i felt it was nessicary
Finally someone else! I'm currently a first degree and I'm going for 2nd degree soon