Page 1 of 2

Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 23, 2007 11:55am
by Sora101
Which is better? Ruroini Kenshin for me

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 23, 2007 7:36pm
by Whats_your_angle
Hi....In manga? Naruto---just not Shonen Jump's stuff. Kenshin....the art was alright but the ending could have been much better. :cry:

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 25, 2007 8:22am
by Sora101
kool. hey can i add u so we can get to no each other more

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 25, 2007 8:25am
by Sora101
anyway back on topic, ur right about rurouni, but i like the words and pictures the artists did a rly cool job

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 25, 2007 8:47am
by Tyche
Batousai-sama for me. He's so bad @$$ :color: Sometimes.... Kinda...

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 25, 2007 11:41am
by Whats_your_angle
emoguy wrote:kool. hey can i add u so we can get to no each other more
sure you don't have to ask. I like meeting new people ^^. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jun 30, 2007 11:20pm
by Battousai The Manslayer
Both. Can't decide between them.

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 11:59am
by Gyro Zeppeli
Rurouni Kenshin hands down. I liked the art and story much better, and although the ending wasn't great, at least it didn't overstay its welcome like Naruto did. Part 2 is an irredeemable piece of [censored], with terrible story writing and even worse art (the art was cookie cutter before timeskip, but after...), not to mention that the main character is Sasuke now. Kishimoto has officially given up on Naruto and so have I.

My advice to all Naruto fans: Pick up One Piece, you'll be much better off. If you don't like it at first hang in there until Alabasta, that's when it really starts to get good (and it gets better from there on). PM me if you want a site to read it

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 12:50pm
by Battousai The Manslayer
I'll have to decline that offer. I don't like One Piece. :| The story, characters, battle system, and art style irritate me.

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 1:05pm
by KoYue
I like Rurouni Kenshin more than Naruto mainly because I've seen more of it.

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 1:29pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
Shinobu Sensui wrote:I'll have to decline that offer. I don't like One Piece. :| The story, characters, battle system, and art style irritate me.
Tell me, how far into One Piece are you?

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 2:02pm
by Battousai The Manslayer
Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:
Shinobu Sensui wrote:I'll have to decline that offer. I don't like One Piece. :| The story, characters, battle system, and art style irritate me.
Tell me, how far into One Piece are you?
I've watched up to where they are on some island where there's lots of snow and they meet that old lady who's a doctor. I stopped because I couldn't take it anymore.

Beginning of rant:

Luffy doesn't interest me as a character and he's far too goofy for my tastes. Zoro's sword style is WTF and is just plain weird. Nami is just there and is what I call "meh." Sanji's excuse for only using his legs to fight is kinda lame. Ever heard of washing your hands? Usopp is just.......lord, someone please stick an axe in his head so that he STFU! >_<

King of the Pirates? o_O I was expecting something less cliche and childlike for an overall goal of the anime I watch.

OP has lots of very strong characters. They can blow up islands, freeze the ocean, and even control sand. However, almost every single uber character in the series gained those powers as a result of eating a devil fruit. Characters in other anime/manga work their asses off training hard to become more powerful. But not in OP. No siree, you just eat a nice fruit and now you're godly and good to go. Battles are more badass when you know the people participating have worked hard to achieve their current level of battle prowess and are giving it all they've got to win.

OP is just too weird. A number of the villains and other characters are just stupid looking and annoying for me to lay my eyes upon. Examples include Cabaji, Buggy, Pearl, all the people on Foxy's pirate crew, Franky, Crocodile, and many others.

I have a strong preference to watching/reading anime/manga with badass looking characters (Aizen without glasses, Itachi, Sensui, Hiko Seijuro, final form Freeza) as opposed to characters that look retarded and get their powers from eating fruit. -_-

End of rant.

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 3:15pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
Shinobu Sensui wrote:I've watched up to where they are on some island where there's lots of snow and they meet that old lady who's a doctor. I stopped because I couldn't take it anymore.
Tell me, was this the dub you were watching? If so, I feel sorry for you. I'd rather be chained down and forced to read Naruto's current arc than watch 4Kids One Piece
Luffy doesn't interest me as a character and he's far too goofy for my tastes.
You've obviously never seen him in serious combat. Wait 'til his fight with Rob Lucci
Zoro's sword style is WTF and is just plain weird.
It's pretty damn cool I think
Nami is just there and is what I call "meh."
Yeah, I agree. Nami is pretty useless until she fights Kalipha
Sanji's excuse for only using his legs to fight is kinda lame. Ever heard of washing your hands?
I dont recall hearing him saying that in the sub or the manga
Usopp is just.......lord, someone please stick an axe in his head so that he STFU! >_<
Yeah, you're watching the dub alright

King of the Pirates? o_O I was expecting something less cliche and childlike for an overall goal of the anime I watch.
Doesn't sound much different than Naruto's goal "to be the next Hokage"
OP has lots of very strong characters. They can blow up islands, freeze the ocean, and even control sand. However, almost every single uber character in the series gained those powers as a result of eating a devil fruit. Characters in other anime/manga work their asses off training hard to become more powerful. But not in OP. No siree, you just eat a nice fruit and now you're godly and good to go.
Crocodile himself has stated that it takes years of practice and training to master your Devil Fruit power
Battles are more badass when you know the people participating have worked hard to achieve their current level of battle prowess and are giving it all they've got to win.
I already explained that Devil Fruit users do in fact have to work at it to become strong. Plus there are many non Devil Fruit users that are quite strong and that have worked their asses off. Look at Zoro for instance.
OP is just too weird. A number of the villains and other characters are just stupid looking and annoying for me to lay my eyes upon. Examples include Cabaji, Buggy, Pearl, all the people on Foxy's pirate crew, Franky, Crocodile, and many others.
Yeah, some of them do look weird, but at least they're original (which is more than I can say about Naruto characters)


But here a a few cool looking chars from One Piece
Lucci: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/l ... ttori2.png
Mihawk:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/l ... ihawk7.png
Smoker:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Smoker.png
Ace:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/ ... aris/1.jpg
Dragon:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Dragon.png
I have a strong preference to watching/reading anime/manga with badass looking characters (Aizen without glasses, Itachi, Sensui, Hiko Seijuro, final form Freeza)
Really? I always thought his final form was the lamest looking one
as opposed to characters that look retarded and get their powers from eating fruit. -_-
I already disproved how you said they automatically get the fruit's power. And One Piece's retarded looking characters are cancelled out by the sheer badassery of the awesome ones

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 3:32pm
by Battousai The Manslayer
Kazuma the Shell Bullet wrote:Yeah, some of them do look weird, but at least they're original (which is more than I can say about Naruto characters)
How exactly are the Naruto character designs unoriginal?
I have a strong preference to watching/reading anime/manga with badass looking characters (Aizen without glasses, Itachi, Sensui, Hiko Seijuro, final form Freeza)
Really? I always thought his final form was the lamest looking one
Freeza's final form is sleek and aerodynamic. It just looks cool to me. I looks like it's built to fight at high speeds.


And yes, I did watch the dub OP on CN for some time. I watched it because IGPX happened to also be on toonami and OP aired before IGPX so I would watch it because I had nothing better to do at the time. That, and I was hoping in vain that toonami might return to the awesomeness it once was several years ago.

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 3:57pm
by Gyro Zeppeli
Shinobu Sensui wrote:How exactly are the Naruto character designs unoriginal?
With the exceptions of some of the Akatsuki members, the characters appearances I find to be quite bland and unremarkable, just your standard anime characters
Freeza's final form is sleek and aerodynamic. It just looks cool to me. I looks like it's built to fight at high speeds.
I always feltt forms 2 and 3 looked the best

And yes, I did watch the dub OP on CN for some time. I watched it because IGPX happened to also be on toonami and OP aired before IGPX so I would watch it because I had nothing better to do at the time. That, and I was hoping in vain that toonami might return to the awesomeness it once was several years ago.
No wonder you hated One Piece. 4Kids edited out all blood, alcohol, and all deaths. They gave the characters terrible voices (Zoro being the only exception), skipped entire story arcs, cutting or merging 30+ episodes, etc.

Re: Naruto or Ruroini Kenshin

Posted: Jul 02, 2007 6:52pm
by Battousai The Manslayer
The main core of the story itself simply didn't grasp my interest, even with all the editing done by 4kids. Dunno why, it just didn't.

I might consider giving it another try but I need to know if it will be worth my time and why.