Page 1 of 2

Favorite book

Posted: Jul 11, 2007 6:49pm
by Keilu
What´s your favorite book?


For me it´s difficult to decide. May be "Momo" from Michael Ende

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 4:47am
by Spetsnaz
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Jul 13, 2007 9:53pm
by Free
My favorite book is 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold. 'Milkweed' by Jerry Spinelli comes in shortly after, though.

And yes, I like to read. I love to read.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 07, 2007 11:54am
by kagomeH
New Moon by Stephannie Meyer.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 07, 2007 6:33pm
by Nyx
I only don't know 2 books on this list.

I don't love to read- I read more than is healthy. :heh: So, it's a hard choice for my favorite book. It would have to be either Saving Francesa by Melina Marchetta, or the Abhorsen Trio + Across the Wall by Garth Nix. They both come very very very close to being the perfect books, but I will never say a book is perfect. No 10s, only 9.(repeating)9s.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 08, 2007 10:33pm
by Doctor Ren
The Giver by Lois Lowry, though The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger comes a close second.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 24, 2007 11:32am
by MANGApunk
One of my fav not-manga books is 'The Thief Lord' by Cornelia Funke.
My fav manga's probably either Prince of Tennis of Whistle!

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 24, 2007 4:50pm
by Nyx
I love The Thief Lord!! It's so easy to slash too...I mean...Cough... :-"

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 25, 2007 8:55am
by MANGApunk
Seriously I love the Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke.
i love the Clamp mangas.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 25, 2007 12:34pm
by Lestat69_99
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy... Second is R.A. Salvatore's Demon War saga...

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Aug 25, 2007 1:35pm
by KoYue
I adore reading! If I didn't have books, I would seriously die. 8-[ :heh: My favorites vary a lot since I always end up finding something different. Right now they are The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger, and Gossamer (Lois Lowry), What Happened to Lani Garver (Carol Plum-Ucci), Born Confused (Tanuja Desai Hidier), and the Abhorsen Series by Garth Nix.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 9:01am
by Hallow
The Hunter's Blades Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 3:36am
by Nyx
I think Meq also makes it up onto that high ranking list of amazing books.

KoYue, I know how you feel. Occasionally I finish a book at school and have nothing to do. I go crazy.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 8:29pm
by KoYue
I know. >_< Something else that drives me crazy is not having all the books to a trilogy at the same moment. I was reading one entitled The Oracle Prophecies by Catherine Fisher and I had The Oracle Betrayed and Sphere of Secrets, but not Day of the Scarab. For a week I kept wondering if the main characters died or not and blah, blah, blah. :heh:

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:42am
by Nyx
KoYue wrote:I know. >_< Something else that drives me crazy is not having all the books to a trilogy at the same moment. I was reading one entitled The Oracle Prophecies by Catherine Fisher and I had The Oracle Betrayed and Sphere of Secrets, but not Day of the Scarab. For a week I kept wondering if the main characters died or not and blah, blah, blah. :heh:
That's why if at all possible, I get the entire series of what I'm reading, at least from the library.

Re: Favorite book

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 10:07pm
by KoYue
The public library didn't have all the books in one place. I had to order them from two different libraries. At least the second book arrived before the third.