Page 1 of 2
Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 9:13am
by Hallow
What do you prefer in a video game: Co-Op modes or Versus modes?
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 1:00pm
by scorpionwarrior
prob mainly Co-op but Versus is always good when your friends aren't around
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 6:23pm
by Gaming Goddess
Co-op, cause then friends can't laugh at you and say "IN THE FACE! ... In .. in the face?"
Well they can, but then they're just being asses.
Unless we're talking a game I'm pwn at, then vs.
IN THE FACE!
[Odds someone will get the reference 1/100]
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 4:49am
by scorpionwarrior
Haha yeah that's always fun >=)
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:17am
by Hallow
In the face?
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 10:05pm
by The Evil Russell Crowe
In the pants.
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 8:02pm
by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
it really depends whether your friends are playing with you. I always prefer playing games with other people. =D much more fun that way.
I loved playing the nintendo64 with three friends and smashing the crap out of each other on Super Smash Brothers and Pokemon. ♥ good times.
I'll go with the latter then.
...
IN THE FACE!
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 2:37pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
It depends on the type of game. Having a good circle of friends, I enjoy Co-Op games because we gel together well.
But two players on Madden?
No way in Gaming Fairy's hell.
O yeah, I could totally kick GG's ass in any video game.
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 3:57pm
by Pink Supervisor|EL
generally with FPS and RTS games (who ever hear of a co-op RTS?)
Versus with internet connection (or lan)
Co-op without internet connection (and one TV/computer)
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 6:58pm
by Gaming Goddess
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:
O yeah, I could totally kick GG's ass in any video game.
Oh yeah? Well why don't you put your penis where your mouth is?
No, wait. Why don't you put your penis where my mouth is?
Er, no! I mean. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 10:23pm
by Pink Supervisor|EL
lol nice GG

Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 11:19pm
by Pennyroyal Tea
Because you would enjoy it too much.
Besides, I wouldn't want to embarrass you.
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 11:28pm
by The Evil Russell Crowe
It all depends on the game.
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 4:42am
by Amray
If it's a game like Splinter Cell then Co-op is awesome. But all in all I prefer VS. This could be because I love Fighting Games and love to kill other players to aggravate them.
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:41pm
by Jasse
Co-op mostly. The only games I enjoy playing versus would be Halo 2, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4. Oh and Guitar Hero ofcourse (just because I can own anyones ass on GH ^^).
Re: Co-Op play VS. Competitive play
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 5:54pm
by Slash
I like competitive play. Open-scoping a friend in the face at 500 yards with a .50 Cal allows for much rejoice and harassment.
Shanking their faces with a dull knife will suffice as well. Am I a horrible friend?