Coraline

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Coraline

Post by Tyche »

What the deuce is this? No Coraline topic yet? :(

Anyway: behold my thoughts!

Loved the story. Loved the art. Loved (most) of the characters. Actually didn't hate the 3-D like I assumed I would. (since most 3-D movies seem corny to me, this one actually did well.)

Loved the chilling soundtrack, which is chilling in the creepy lullaby/canival way; not the industrial/metal/screeching randomness in other movies.

I was suprised that Tim Burton had nothing to do with this one. :( Confused majorly.
Despair... so delicious...
Fear... so exhilarating...

Shankd: Hurry your asses up! He's gradually catching up to us. Walk, WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Re: Coraline

Post by Gaming Goddess »

My bestfriend saw it, she was pissed that they charged extra for the 3D glasses. 3D is pretty gay.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Filitz wrote:What the deuce is this? No Coraline topic yet? :(

Anyway: behold my thoughts!

Loved the story. Loved the art. Loved (most) of the characters. Actually didn't hate the 3-D like I assumed I would. (since most 3-D movies seem corny to me, this one actually did well.)

Loved the chilling soundtrack, which is chilling in the creepy lullaby/canival way; not the industrial/metal/screeching randomness in other movies.

I was suprised that Tim Burton had nothing to do with this one. :( Confused majorly.
Ditto
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Kyro
Uber Otaku

Post by Kyro »

The book was amazing, the movie was amazing but not so much as the book.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on. DONT CALL ME PET NAMES IT PISSES ME OFF!
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Wait, This Wasnt a Tim Burton Movie?

Ew, they stole his art style then :(
oh and I've yet to bootleg it, I'll do so later tonight ;)
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

It's by the guy who directed the art itself, Henry Selick. He helped out with Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.

Shankd: Hurry your asses up! He's gradually catching up to us. Walk, WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by MARS4 »

Filitz wrote:It's by the guy who directed the art itself, Henry Selick. He helped out with Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.
Huh, weird. That's stupid. For the longest time, after seeing those commercials, one time they did say "from the creator of the Corpse Bride" and then most of the time after that they said "from the creator of the Nightmare Before Christmas". I used to tell my mom "why don't they just say Tim Burton? EVERYONE knows who he is!" lol. But yeah, wow... I was just gonna say that's false advertisement, but in a way it's not. But they could have at least said "the producer" instead... idk. that's a load of bologna. =\
Is there really a book? Never heard about it before. But since the commercials first came out, I was a little interested, but the commercials said NOTHING about what the story line was, in a way. Something about a dream world... and nothing went right... I don't know. If they said a bit more about it on TV, then I'd probably be more motivated to want to watch it.
but if you guys say it's good, I guess I'll check it out sometime :]
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I don't go see movies much, Mars, so when I do it had better be good. If it's not, I rant. This is not a rant- therefore good. 8) If you like Tim Burton movies, you'll like this one.

Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

MARS4 wrote:
Filitz wrote:It's by the guy who directed the art itself, Henry Selick. He helped out with Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.
Huh, weird. That's stupid. For the longest time, after seeing those commercials, one time they did say "from the creator of the Corpse Bride" and then most of the time after that they said "from the creator of the Nightmare Before Christmas". I used to tell my mom "why don't they just say Tim Burton? EVERYONE knows who he is!" lol. But yeah, wow... I was just gonna say that's false advertisement, but in a way it's not. But they could have at least said "the producer" instead... idk. that's a load of bologna. =\
Is there really a book? Never heard about it before. But since the commercials first came out, I was a little interested, but the commercials said NOTHING about what the story line was, in a way. Something about a dream world... and nothing went right... I don't know. If they said a bit more about it on TV, then I'd probably be more motivated to want to watch it.
but if you guys say it's good, I guess I'll check it out sometime :]
Yeah, the book is by Neil Gaimen. I haven't read it, but I'm a big fan of his comic series, The Sandman, and I liked what I got to read of Anansi Boys, so I'd say it'd have to be pretty good.

And Me and a bunch of friends went and saw it. XD We brought our own glasses and paid for tickets to a diff movie to escape the extra fee.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Sinsei
Master Otaku

Post by Sinsei »

I saw the trailer for this movie,seemed okay. Wouldn't hurt to see it :]
The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal.Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of plan in life,and the tragic brevity of time. -W.J Davison