Yes, well, for those of you who know me around on the music section, you know that my musical tastes tend to drift towards genres such as modern electronic/alternative/indie/punk-pop rock, with bands such as the Strokes, Weezer, Hot Hot Heat, the Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Head Automatic, etc.
Well, a friend of mine had always been telling me of her apparent obsession with this band called Dir En Grey. I didn't really take too much of it to heart, but I was surprised when on Music Choice ON DEMAND that I found a music video for Dir En Grey. I watched it, and was...
Well, I was a little shocked. I knew they were what people call a J-Rock band, but their sound was more metallic and hard. However, the presentation of the band and rather unique sound quickly grabbed my attention. The song was called Child Prey and the music video was really weird; somethign about mice fighting each other with each of the band members flying around in space ships. Despite the bouts of screaming and noise, the song was pretty catchy, even if it was sung in Japanese.
Anyway, I researched the band a little more and found that they were labeled the genre of gothmetal J-Rock.
Now, I'm sure other J-Rock doesn't sound like Dir En Grey, but I'm a little interested by the genre. Can someone elaborate on the genre for me and perhaps suggest some good J-Rock bands?
Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
J-Rock (Dir En Grey?)
J-Rock (Dir En Grey?)
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Re: J-Rock (Dir En Grey?)
Man, I downloaded that song and it was just awesome. I think I'm gonna look for more J-Rock bands, as now I have the excitment of a little schoolgirl.
Like I said before, Balzac is another good Japanese band. Not as heavy as Dir En Grey, but that's because they're punk. Good stuff though.
Like I said before, Balzac is another good Japanese band. Not as heavy as Dir En Grey, but that's because they're punk. Good stuff though.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Re: J-Rock (Dir En Grey?)
Ha, see, I knew it would get your attention. It's catchy. I'll look into Balzac.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Re: J-Rock (Dir En Grey?)
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
