Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Who inspired you to play video games?

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
User avatar
LiquidMist
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 204
Joined: Jun 29, 2006 12:59pm

Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by LiquidMist »

Well, I started playing video games because of my brothers and cuz. Right now, I have no system...except my super nintendo...did had my ps2, but someone stole it! *shakes fist* *sigh* I'm planning to buy a new one....ps2...or...xbox360?

Ok, so who inspired you are got you to want to play games and such.
Slash
Uber Otaku
Posts: 806
Joined: Jun 03, 2006 4:17pm

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Slash »

I saw my cousin playing Final Fantasy III and thought it looked awesome. Although that inspired me to play, that wasn't the first game I played. As a matter of fact I didnt play FFIII until a few years ago.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Nothing lol, I doubt a 2 year old kid can be inspired of anything...or? :?
GravyTrain
Uber Otaku
Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 12, 2005 1:26pm

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by GravyTrain »

When I was 8, I saw this girl on tv put a Nintendo64 controller in her [censored].
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

I don't understand GravyTrain....she put a controller in her "[censored]"? What's that?
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by OniKira »

When I was 9, my friend had a playstation and an n64; I loved watching him play SSB and final fantasy. i asked my parents for a playstation for christmas, and i recieved one. thats when i began to play videogames..lol
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Matt ?????
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 04, 2005 10:27am
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Matt ????? »

nice topic idea,but i've been playing video games for as long as i can possibly remember,so i for one cannot remember who inspired me to start...
"ooh,memories!"
User avatar
Kuragari
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3053
Joined: May 27, 2006 8:33am
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Kuragari »

ive been playing games since atari 2600 so...
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

You're pretty old.
User avatar
Kuragari
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3053
Joined: May 27, 2006 8:33am
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Kuragari »

my parents had it O.o so i played it cuz they didnt want to get an NES or anything... until i got a Genesis
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション
Visitor

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by 日本最大級のポータルサイト。検索、オークション »

Aha I see, I got my atari and NES from my older sister when I was two, lol. It was the only thing that I liked to do, since everything else I got I smashed to pieces. Ofcourse I couldn't play it alone, but after a year or so I was awesome 8)
User avatar
Kuragari
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3053
Joined: May 27, 2006 8:33am
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Kuragari »

my grandparents had an atari 600/900.. im not sure what happened to it, i think the Pong cartrige got melted into the console
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
Slash
Uber Otaku
Posts: 806
Joined: Jun 03, 2006 4:17pm

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Slash »

Hah, I used to play my Atari 2600 all the time. My favorite was Pitfall and Freeway. That was back when games were actually challenging.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

I think my dad was the one who inspired me to play video games I use to watch him play the Nintendo when I was 2 or 3 he liked playing Kid Niki. I tryed out Super Mario Bros and Megaman 3 then Kid Niki those were good times I think the movie WIZARD got me into playing games too and my mom loves playing Dr. Mario :lol: .
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
User avatar
Kuragari
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3053
Joined: May 27, 2006 8:33am
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by Kuragari »

Slash wrote:Hah, I used to play my Atari 2600 all the time. My favorite was Pitfall and Freeway. That was back when games were actually challenging.
games were harder back in the day, werent they?
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku
Posts: 942
Joined: May 08, 2005 3:23pm
Gender: Male

Re: Who inspired you to play video games?

Post by kukutaru_ookami »

I've been playing games since I was 6 but I didn't really get into games until I saw my cousin playing Final fantasy VII a year later as soon as he left the room I started playing :p
For NaruHina fans (AU): http://viridian.fanficauthors.net/Team_8/index.php
"Kakkou dakenara sayonara koi jyanaideshou?"
Locked