Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.
WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
-
ice-cream
- Visitor
WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
myself i think the 360 is better because it is microsoft and because it has rumble in controllers sure the ps3 has motion senser but knowing mu luck with the motion it is terrable and without a rumble how are you ganna tell if your bein' shot when your tryin to get a drink and the ps3 has a built in hd-dvd making it mor expensive although the 360 has an external i really dont care because i am not rich enough to afford a hd-tv so i perfer no hd-dvd my self and the ps3 games are said to be 70$-100$ each and i am not rich like i said before and i cannot afford that.
P.S sorry for all you nintendo lovers but the wii is just not ganna be in this battle it is to lame
P.S sorry for all you nintendo lovers but the wii is just not ganna be in this battle it is to lame
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
There are so many things wrong with this post, I don't even know where to begin -_-
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
- Lestat69_99
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 2296
- Joined: Aug 28, 2005 11:33pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
Maybe you could start off with the fact that there is how many of these threads?WaffleGod wrote:There are so many things wrong with this post, I don't even know where to begin -_-
Now Ice-cream...Welllll if you would scroll down you would have found another of these. As is though the Wii IS a real threat because of it being cheap and to have the ability to play alot of classic NES and up games will make it big with alot of Classic Gamers. All they need is broadband to be able to download them... Nintendo has never been in the next gen race... They just want to cater to people that can't afford the 360 or PS3. Then even though I spoke ill of the controller earlier even I am seeing the possibilities for it.
Now for the 360... the HD-DVD add on is only to play HD movies and no it won't hook to your comp....
PS3 expensive sure but it's not the price that makes me squirm. Games have been confirmed to pretty much stick to the $60 range. Though most of the games I want comes out for both systems so I can wait...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Terror Mask
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
I agree with Wii being a big threat....
I go for PS3......
I go for PS3......
~+~Luv all my AA sibs!~+~
^Ani, meh Filo sis^
Love me' twins Mik3 and Shinogu!! ^^
"That's proof that your coming to visit was Hitsuzen"
^Ani, meh Filo sis^
Love me' twins Mik3 and Shinogu!! ^^
"That's proof that your coming to visit was Hitsuzen"
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
wow, you're incorrect on SOOOO many levels. Xbox 360 is the best because "it's microsoft?" and because it has rumble? so, when you go to get a drink, you can know you're being shot?
wow...i never knew that would be so important to my playing of videogames!
i think a motion sensor in the SIXAXIS (thats the official name of the PS3 controller) is way cooler than any vibrating thingyamajig.
and, believe it or not, games have been confirmed to cost $50-$60 on the PS3, not $70.
look, i respect your opinion, but you need factual research to defend it. think a lil more next time.
wow...i never knew that would be so important to my playing of videogames!
i think a motion sensor in the SIXAXIS (thats the official name of the PS3 controller) is way cooler than any vibrating thingyamajig.
and, believe it or not, games have been confirmed to cost $50-$60 on the PS3, not $70.
look, i respect your opinion, but you need factual research to defend it. think a lil more next time.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
-
Cold Revolver
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
first off all no worries to my friends in this thread but all of your are wrong, how many times do I have to say this, nothing has really started as of yet. The console wars do not begin until both the Wii and the ps3 are released, until than there are no facts. All you guys have is hardware facts and being so there is no substantial proof for any single system to win this war.
Only time will tell, for now lets not get all bent out of shape. Maybe nintendo will take the lead who knows but I firmly believe Sony and microsoft will be head to head in this deal because I dont see the WII controller working out for me, but than again im not sure about any other gamer but myself, after all im just one man.
Ice cream, everyone in this thread is correct when they say your post is totally wrong, before the ps1 and n64 we never had ruumble *PACKS* and we did just fine, even in shooter games so I have no idea why that would effect a consoles ability. As Oni said read up on your topics for future situations such as this one.
7 MORE DAYS TILL FF12!!! LOL ... sorry had to say that haha
Only time will tell, for now lets not get all bent out of shape. Maybe nintendo will take the lead who knows but I firmly believe Sony and microsoft will be head to head in this deal because I dont see the WII controller working out for me, but than again im not sure about any other gamer but myself, after all im just one man.
Ice cream, everyone in this thread is correct when they say your post is totally wrong, before the ps1 and n64 we never had ruumble *PACKS* and we did just fine, even in shooter games so I have no idea why that would effect a consoles ability. As Oni said read up on your topics for future situations such as this one.
7 MORE DAYS TILL FF12!!! LOL ... sorry had to say that haha
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
ps3 thats just how it is
member of the sasuke is gay club
member of the blue lone wolf clan
"the strenght of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf"- Coach Hantho
member of the blue lone wolf clan
"the strenght of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf"- Coach Hantho
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
I'm not seeing how this is relevant to anything, in any way. How does belonging to Microsoft make the Xbox360 a better console, and what does rumble have to do with it? Rumble's been around since the Nintendo 64 era.ice-cream wrote:myself i think the 360 is better because it is microsoft and because it has rumble in controllers
It's easy to infer that the Playstation 3's motion sensor is a gimmicky take on the Wii interface (Not saying the Wii isn't a gimmick in itself, though people said that about the DS, and look how that turned out), and you don't need rumble to tell if you're being attacked. See, this is why 99% of games have what's called a "Pause" feature, usually allocated to the "Start" button.sure the ps3 has motion senser but knowing mu luck with the motion it is terrable and without a rumble how are you ganna tell if your bein' shot when your tryin to get a drink
Though your grammar is atrocious, I do agree with you here, since I don't care about High Definition either.and the ps3 has a built in hd-dvd making it mor expensive although the 360 has an external i really dont care because i am not rich enough to afford a hd-tv so i perfer no hd-dvd my self and the ps3 games are said to be 70$-100$ each and i am not rich like i said before and i cannot afford that.
You provide such wonderful reasoning here.P.S sorry for all you nintendo lovers but the wii is just not ganna be in this battle it is to lame
The Wii's virtual console plays NES, SNES, and N64 games, and the console itself is backwards compatible with Gameccube discs as well. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure broadband isn't necessary at all. Much like the DS, the Wii uses WiFi for its internet connection. And I can play my DS online at my local McDonalds.As is though the Wii IS a real threat because of it being cheap and to have the ability to play alot of classic NES and up games will make it big with alot of Classic Gamers. All they need is broadband to be able to download them...
Nintendo's target audience is essentially everyone, both young and old, gamers and non-gamers. Hence why the Wii is called "Wii" in the first place. Whether or not these people can afford the other consoles doesn't seem to be a concern. As for the controller, I want to apologize if this sounds rude, but anyone who *can't* see possibilities with it, in my eyes, has very little imagination and creativity, and might want to consider a new hobby.Nintendo has never been in the next gen race... They just want to cater to people that can't afford the 360 or PS3. Then even though I spoke ill of the controller earlier even I am seeing the possibilities for it.
Couldn't care less about HD, so no further comments here.Now for the 360... the HD-DVD add on is only to play HD movies and no it won't hook to your comp....
This is all a matter of personal opinion. I haven't been impressed with anything I've seen of the PS3 as of yet, so that's my take on this issue.PS3 expensive sure but it's not the price that makes me squirm. Games have been confirmed to pretty much stick to the $60 range. Though most of the games I want comes out for both systems so I can wait...
Out of curiosity, care to explain why?I agree with Wii being a big threat....
I go for PS3......
This is the most compelling argument I have ever read. You deserve to win the Nobel Prize for your impeccable wisdom, o mighty one. I shall try to rebuke your infallible argument.ps3 thats just how it is
"Squawk! Squawk! Hello!"
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
-
Pink Supervisor|EL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 5579
- Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
- Gender: Male
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
imo.... i think a PC owns them all tbh, cuz i would rather spend about 2k (canadian $$) on a computer i would be using everyday and can do my homework on, and still be a kick ass gaming computer... but since this is a consol war...
i vote a PS3... just because of the better procsesssing, mabe better graphics. but we don't know until we play, so we personally don't know how good it's gonna be yet...
i would like any of the next gen consols except Wii... reason why, i don't like two seperate controls, imho i think a pointer and an attached joystick is innevative (sry for spelling mistake) but imo i prefer the traditional one controller style. as well i don't see many well developed game for the MATURING audiance brought by nintendo in a while. like Final fantasy or the Halo Series which defines Playstation and the Microsoft maturing and older crowd. could you see SSMB (super smash brothers) with blood, gore and Peircing of Of bodies? i could see Zelda doing that but than that would be a mature game and would limit those younger kids who like the Zelda series.
anyway...
PS3, with a 1 point lead for me than the 360, and the wii at third place
i vote a PS3... just because of the better procsesssing, mabe better graphics. but we don't know until we play, so we personally don't know how good it's gonna be yet...
i would like any of the next gen consols except Wii... reason why, i don't like two seperate controls, imho i think a pointer and an attached joystick is innevative (sry for spelling mistake) but imo i prefer the traditional one controller style. as well i don't see many well developed game for the MATURING audiance brought by nintendo in a while. like Final fantasy or the Halo Series which defines Playstation and the Microsoft maturing and older crowd. could you see SSMB (super smash brothers) with blood, gore and Peircing of Of bodies? i could see Zelda doing that but than that would be a mature game and would limit those younger kids who like the Zelda series.
anyway...
PS3, with a 1 point lead for me than the 360, and the wii at third place
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
-
Cold Revolver
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
Do you think its wise to assume? thats what this thread is about is it not? No one seems to understand that it might be a close race, because as of yet we do not know what the wii can actualy do since they have not realy shown there line up. Please.. for god sakes lets let sony and nintendo release there systems.. that we can judge. *sigh*Glory|EL wrote:imo.... i think a PC owns them all tbh, cuz i would rather spend about 2k (canadian $$) on a computer i would be using everyday and can do my homework on, and still be a kick ass gaming computer... but since this is a consol war...
i vote a PS3... just because of the better procsesssing, mabe better graphics. but we don't know until we play, so we personally don't know how good it's gonna be yet...
i would like any of the next gen consols except Wii... reason why, i don't like two seperate controls, imho i think a pointer and an attached joystick is innevative (sry for spelling mistake) but imo i prefer the traditional one controller style. as well i don't see many well developed game for the MATURING audiance brought by nintendo in a while. like Final fantasy or the Halo Series which defines Playstation and the Microsoft maturing and older crowd. could you see SSMB (super smash brothers) with blood, gore and Peircing of Of bodies? i could see Zelda doing that but than that would be a mature game and would limit those younger kids who like the Zelda series.
anyway...
PS3, with a 1 point lead for me than the 360, and the wii at third place
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue
I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
-
Pink Supervisor|EL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 5579
- Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
- Gender: Male
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
i think it's good to assume when you don't know, therefore you can make or break expectations tbh
look at the XBox, PS and NIntendo fans said it would suck, than with the release of their hit games, the Xbox became one of the main contenders. it definately broke expectations, that people had
look at the XBox, PS and NIntendo fans said it would suck, than with the release of their hit games, the Xbox became one of the main contenders. it definately broke expectations, that people had
Last edited by Pink Supervisor|EL on Oct 23, 2006 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
- Gaming Goddess
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 3951
- Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
- Gender: Female
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
I don't even see how we can say which one is superior. We're almost all going to have a different opinion.It's like saying one religion is better than another. They'll all have positive and negative aspects.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike?
Part of the Sexy Trio
BIKI! =3
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike?
BIKI! =3
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
Hmm...
Well, yes, we have to wait for the actual systems to all be released and running, but with launch so close, and with as much information about the systems that we have, it's becoming easier and easier to analyze each system with each passing day. Again, we truly won't know until launch, but I think that it's SAFE TO ASSUME a few things:
1.)Nintendo is totally having a make over right now. With the DS Lite and the Wii with their new sleek look, I applaud Nintendo for it's progress.
2.)The PS3 will be successful system. Hell, all the systems will be. Some will have had weaker launches than other, but we must all remember that each will appeal to a certain kind of gamer and each will succeed in its own way.
Well, yes, we have to wait for the actual systems to all be released and running, but with launch so close, and with as much information about the systems that we have, it's becoming easier and easier to analyze each system with each passing day. Again, we truly won't know until launch, but I think that it's SAFE TO ASSUME a few things:
1.)Nintendo is totally having a make over right now. With the DS Lite and the Wii with their new sleek look, I applaud Nintendo for it's progress.
2.)The PS3 will be successful system. Hell, all the systems will be. Some will have had weaker launches than other, but we must all remember that each will appeal to a certain kind of gamer and each will succeed in its own way.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.
Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
I'm A PS3 fan and I've always loved their consoles, It has never let me down. ^_^
~+~Luv all my AA sibs!~+~
^Ani, meh Filo sis^
Love me' twins Mik3 and Shinogu!! ^^
"That's proof that your coming to visit was Hitsuzen"
^Ani, meh Filo sis^
Love me' twins Mik3 and Shinogu!! ^^
"That's proof that your coming to visit was Hitsuzen"
-
Pink Supervisor|EL
- Absolute Otaku
- Posts: 5579
- Joined: Jul 20, 2005 10:34pm
- Gender: Male
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
exactly ^_^ , i'm not much of a nintendo fan so i'm staying away from nintendo. i'm an online RTS/Shooter/single player rpg personLawliet wrote:Hmm...
Some will have had weaker launches than other, but we must all remember that each will appeal to a certain kind of gamer and each will succeed in its own way.
i don't think the PS3 will be reasling any RTS' and neither will the Wii, it' would be too hard to micro using the Wii but definitaly less than an controller.
but on my consol type games, they have strikingly good storyline even though they forlorn multiplayer a bit (e.g final fantasy series, except 11)
aswell to appeal to my online fancies:
PS3 online is free, while the 360's is not. but the 360 has the more appealing online games thought ...hard choice... than there is the PC... but that's a different topic
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
-
forgottenone666
- Mobile Suit Otaku
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Dec 15, 2005 1:40am
- Gender: Male
Re: WHO WILL WIN PS3 OR XBOX360
In terms of hardware and games I'm gonna have to go with PS3.
The Wii will be close behind in 2nd place.
The Wii will be close behind in 2nd place.
The Reaper is always a step behind me...
-Shadow
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.- Sun-tzu
-Shadow
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.- Sun-tzu
