Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Need help with type of game to make...

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Locked
Wobbler
Visitor

Need help with type of game to make...

Post by Wobbler »

I am considering entering the GameORZ Ball (mtvu.com/games/). I have the type of game I want to create down to two. One is an old school "run/jump" game with nintendo gameplay and the other is a more modern rpg. Which do you recommend? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: Need help with type of game to make...

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

The run/jump one would probably be easier, but the rpg one would probably be more fun. I think you should go with the rpg...if you're not feeling lazy.
Slash
Uber Otaku
Posts: 806
Joined: Jun 03, 2006 4:17pm

Re: Need help with type of game to make...

Post by Slash »

I say RPG. Run/Jump games lost their interest real fast, while RPG's require a bit more commitment.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
GravyTrain
Uber Otaku
Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 12, 2005 1:26pm

Re: Need help with type of game to make...

Post by GravyTrain »

Make Halo 4.
xHomicidalxPIEx
Visitor

Re: Need help with type of game to make...

Post by xHomicidalxPIEx »

Make a nice Ninja/hentai action rpg WITH 1rst person view and all that stuff! ](*,) ](*,)
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: Need help with type of game to make...

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Wobbler wrote:I am considering entering the GameORZ Ball (mtvu.com/games/). I have the type of game I want to create down to two. One is an old school "run/jump" game with nintendo gameplay and the other is a more modern rpg. Which do you recommend? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
An RPG would keep people's attention better but there are old school gamers out there too but it's up to you either one is fine.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Locked