Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

Inside Industry Minds

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Locked
User avatar
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2296
Joined: Aug 28, 2005 11:33pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Inside Industry Minds

Post by Lestat69_99 »

In the newest issue of Game Informer they quizzed the game developers on next gen systems. Sadly they did this anonymously so I don't know which developers were asked, but it was still interesting...

Wii
Are you excited for the Wii?
Yes 77%
No 23%

If you port your game to the Wii, how hard is it going to be to adapt your title to the system?
Hard 67%
Not so bad 33%
Easy 0%

PS3
Is the PS3 too expensive?
Yes 63%
No 37%

How would you rate the PS3 development kits at this point?
Good 20%
Bad 20%
Average 60%

Q: Will more development time yeild better games with the PS3?
A: No. For some reason I am feeling like the Saturn all over again.

Handhelds (DS)
Do the Nintendo DS's dual screens make you more interested in developing for it?
Yes 38%
No 62%

Xbox 360
Microsoft has made a great showing. I think people underestimate how much catching up Microsoft had to do.

Which system are you more excited to develop for?
Xbox 360 37%
PS3 16%
Wii 32%
PC 5%
Nintendo DS 5%
PSP 5%

PC
Q: Does the success of consoles mean the end for the PC market?
A: Not as long as World of Warcraft is out there. I don't think we will ever see the PC market die.

I'll add on more later... I just put in the poll questions and some questions...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
HitsuGaya Toushiro
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mar 06, 2006 1:04pm

Re: Inside Industry Minds

Post by HitsuGaya Toushiro »

Those developers seem Braindead. I just got my game informer issue too.
Currently taking reccomendations for a new sig.
OniKira
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1323
Joined: Jun 06, 2005 8:34pm

Re: Inside Industry Minds

Post by OniKira »

Go PS3!!
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Locked