Forum is closed. New registrations are disabled. Join our active Discord community.

over-rated Games

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
kogacola
Baka Otaku
Posts: 9
Joined: Jun 29, 2006 3:11pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

over-rated Games

Post by kogacola »

Okay I just want to put up a list of games which people say are awesome but are well horrible. Also I will put up some games that will put these overated games to shame.

Kingdom hearts 1+2, both are horrible Beat them both but people think its the best and cant wait till three to come out. When three comes out I hope it will show people that this is the worst series ever. If you want a RPG play a final fantasy game dosent even matter which one since they are all better then Kingdom Hearts. (the first one or VII(7) are the best X-2 is about the same and kingdom hearts 2)

Halo was okay, Halo 2 was so bad it made me want to play Kingdom Hearts dont now why people still like halo after this outrage. if your looking for a good Highly detailed FPS play F.E.A.R. It looks alot better and it has better gameplay.

There are many more horrible games that people like cuz well i dont know why but there horrible. I remember when Spyhunter for PS2 came out I thaught it would be the best but was sadly disapointed.(Spyhunter was awesome back on NES)

Most games coming out now and just good grapics, but are easy to beat. Oblivion for example awesome in looks, easy in gameplay. I didnt want to put it in here but it is Over-rated. Oblivion is not lost though since you can make mods to add new items and enemies so maybe in a few years it will be as good as one of its predecessors. Morrowind has been going strong for years since it had lots of armor types and more weapon types then you would ever use plus Mods have made it even better since it came out hopefully this will be the case for Oblivion but If there are no expanisions for Oblivion it will go downhill fast in the next year.

Well anyone is free to add more over-rated games and argue againest these saying there better then the old school games back when games where challenging. just please dont argue Because one looks nicer take everthing into account before arguing
Pentium D 3GHz Dual Core
2 GB of DDR2 667RAM
XFX 7900GT
ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe Socket T NVIDIA nForce4 SLI MB
Grey Kun
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 275
Joined: Jul 11, 2006 2:38pm

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Grey Kun »

that is your opion and heres mine

kh is one of the best game i have ever played, for me its is on par with some ff games. F.E.A.R is a good game but i still need to get it. halo well you ethier like it or you don't and i like but i will admit halo2 was a bit of a let down.
I'll be Damned i made it back
Old UserNames: Farseer Senus, Momiji and Balmung of the Azure sky, The Grey Knight

All sinners fear the emperors wrath!
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 307
Joined: Nov 25, 2005 10:14am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

Final Fantasy 7:Final Fantasy 7 is overrated because it was the first FF that was 3D. People say that it's the best FF, but nobody comes up with any real reasons as to why it's the best other than the afformentioned fact, Sepiroth and the storyline, which I feel FF6 surpassed FF7 in that field. In fact, the whole FF series is overrated. Shadow Hearts deserves much more credit. :P


Virtua Fighter 4 and all it's versions(even though I love the game to bits):Virtua Figher 4 is overrated because it is one of, if not the most deep fighting games you can ever play and is highly regarded as being a high calibre fighting game because of that factor. However, Virtua Fighter 5 will probably change all of that.

Street Fighter(again, love the game to bits): Street Fighter is really overrated. I don't even need to explain why because if I did, I'd be here all night.

EDIT: Woah, almost forgot. Grand Theft Auto is also overrated. All you do in the game is kill people, do up your car and perform missions where you mostly kill people. And yet, it is regarded as being one of the best games of all time. Why?
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Yes, Grand Theft Auto is quite overrated. Sure, it was fun for a little while, but after the first two hours, I lost intrest completely.

Gotta agree with you a little on FF7. Though it is still awesome, but I like FF8 better.
Bao Zakeruga
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 246
Joined: Oct 05, 2005 7:43pm

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Bao Zakeruga »

Grand theft auto san andreas was overated.I only play it when I have a friend over, and it still gets boring. That's all I can think of right now.
I accept all friend requests.

Anime4life
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Fable was overrated as well. With all the people saying how great it was, I expected it to be one of the greatest games I've ever played, and it turned out to be only average.
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Cloud Leonhart wrote:Yes, Grand Theft Auto is quite overrated. Sure, it was fun for a little while, but after the first two hours, I lost intrest completely.

Gotta agree with you a little on FF7. Though it is still awesome, but I like FF8 better.
I agree GTASA an the other GTA games are overrated I don't see whats so great about them an Halo is slightly overrated too an so is FF7 but it's still good.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
Seiji Sawamura
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1014
Joined: Aug 25, 2005 10:09am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Seiji Sawamura »

KILL HER FOR SAYING THAT KH 1 AND 2 SUCKS!!!11

I LOVE IT
"Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you."
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 307
Joined: Nov 25, 2005 10:14am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

Cloud Leonhart wrote: Gotta agree with you a little on FF7. Though it is still awesome, but I like FF8 better.
Woah, you're the only person I've ever seen on the internet that has said that, lol. I also prefer FF8 to FF7
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
Grey Kun
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 275
Joined: Jul 11, 2006 2:38pm

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Grey Kun »

Personally FF8 i the worst FF there is [censored] storyline and the junctioning rubbish made it even worse. i'd rather play FF10-2 which is saying something seeing as i think then shouldn't have ever made the game

i do agree with you on shadow hearts, one of the best games i have ever play.
the whole GTA series is over rated.
I'll be Damned i made it back
Old UserNames: Farseer Senus, Momiji and Balmung of the Azure sky, The Grey Knight

All sinners fear the emperors wrath!
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

I thought the junction system was awesome. The story was'nt half bad either.
Grey Kun
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 275
Joined: Jul 11, 2006 2:38pm

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Grey Kun »

meh to each their own
I'll be Damned i made it back
Old UserNames: Farseer Senus, Momiji and Balmung of the Azure sky, The Grey Knight

All sinners fear the emperors wrath!
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku
Posts: 11905
Joined: Jun 06, 2006 9:09am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

True. And to Kogacola: If Kingdom Hearts was soooo horrible, why'd you play through them?
Matt ?????
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 04, 2005 10:27am
Gender: Male

Re: over-rated Games

Post by Matt ????? »

Onizuka wrote:KILL HER FOR SAYING THAT KH 1 AND 2 SUCKS!!!11

I LOVE IT
actually,there are way more people that like it than those who hate it.about 75% of people like it while about 25% of people hate the game(and about 20% of those people havn't actually played the game and hate it basing there opinions solely on the fact that there are disney characters in the game)
"ooh,memories!"
GravyTrain
Uber Otaku
Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 12, 2005 1:26pm

Re: over-rated Games

Post by GravyTrain »

Matt ????? wrote:
actually,there are way more people that like it than those who hate it.about 75% of people like it while about 25% of people hate the game(and about 20% of those people havn't actually played the game and hate it basing there opinions solely on the fact that there are disney characters in the game)
What magic ass did you pull these random numbers out of?
kogacola
Baka Otaku
Posts: 9
Joined: Jun 29, 2006 3:11pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: over-rated Games

Post by kogacola »

I haven't actually played FF VII but heard it was the best. The only FF games i played are 1 2 3 X and X2 which FFX is overated too because it was the first FF game to have "Full" Voices or something like that but most of the charaters standing had subtitle and no audio.

I have to play a game before I can say it was horrible. (Shouldnt have put FFVII in there then) I played KH 1 to death trying to see what was so good about but didnt. KH2 I only beat like twice. (not through the whole thing though just the last few bosses)

I have to agree that Virtal Fighter, Street fighter, GTA are overated. until now I thought they where okay.

Fable was the Biggest letdown EVER. everyone I know got it a few weeks before me and they all loved it but it went south fast. Even with Lost chapters it [censored]. it was fun at the begining though for me.
Pentium D 3GHz Dual Core
2 GB of DDR2 667RAM
XFX 7900GT
ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe Socket T NVIDIA nForce4 SLI MB
Locked